You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kormoran4472

Narai, That fifth transport

5 comments in this topic

Members
63 posts
3,052 battles

Myself and others have noticed a problem in Naria. Only got four transports. I mean two fast knarly cruisers go over there and only find four. Well I caught on yesterday. Goes as follows: In Sierra Mike equipped Helena I move forward rapidly helping the convoy beat of the first wave while heading towards the channels the Transport leave out of. Get there to find the DD charging out of a smoke screen at my big bad cruiser. I charge in and beat the crap out of the DD. As I'm administering the coup there's a brief flash of red to starboard at the edge of the smoke screen. The little flash of red? The communication ship St. Clair. She's tiny, maybe large motor launch sized, much smaller than a tier one gunboat. She's stealthy, you have to be close to see her. AND, She's fast, twenty or more knots. I was cooking 34knts and it took a while to catch her.  She's so small she's hard to hit, Helena sends out big tight groups of shells but I kept missing, as I closed I finally got hits. The damn thing almost got to it's exit zone!

So if you're going to go for the transports get over there fast before they start moving. If the DD is already charging you from out of smoke the St. Clair is already out and racing away. Kill the DD in passing and pour on the coal or you wont catch St. Clair.

Final note: Damn sneaky design here. Three card monty, get you looking at the DD while the fast stealthy little bastard gets away. You kill the DD and turn back into the other transports leaving the channel but there's only four? You never see St.  Clair. 

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

I've never had a problem finding all five of the transports. St. Clair is a slippery little bastard, but not that slippery, and she dies easy to Atlanta HE. She in fact dooms herself by motoring so fast out of the protective smoke screen.

Members
63 posts
3,052 battles
7 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I've never had a problem finding all five of the transports. St. Clair is a slippery little bastard, but not that slippery, and she dies easy to Atlanta HE. She in fact dooms herself by motoring so fast out of the protective smoke screen.

AND, You're right on top of it. There early enough not to have missed her. I remarked above for those missing her. It's a recurring riff in the games I've played, the guys going for the transports only get four. PSA, clearly you've got it covered.

[REVY]
Members
1,244 posts
8,913 battles

Yeah, I ran into this as well, though I wasn't in that area to begin with, another teammate was.

I couldn't figure out how were weren't getting all the transports, so finally in a battle I called out I would head over. Got the DD and low and behold, there comes out St Clair.

It seems like the transports get a headstart now where-as before they would sit in port until you reached a certain point. Now by the time you are close, those transports are already off and running.

Members
63 posts
3,052 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

Yeah, I ran into this as well, though I wasn't in that area to begin with, another teammate was.

I couldn't figure out how were weren't getting all the transports, so finally in a battle I called out I would head over. Got the DD and low and behold, there comes out St Clair.

It seems like the transports get a headstart now where-as before they would sit in port until you reached a certain point. Now by the time you are close, those transports are already off and running.

You can catch them in port if you really get over there fast. But if the DD is out charging you, the St. Clair is probably out too and running to the exit. Like I mentioned the trick is she seems to be both stealthy and relatively fast.