Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
VGLance

The baby aggro effect...

15 comments in this topic

[TNG]
Members
2,229 posts
10,952 battles

Any day now...

Spoiler

aHsNhSZ.jpg

It's fascinating when you think about the life changing or significant events that occurred during your life and what games you were playing at the time.  Like when an old song from your past life plays on the radio and you think about what you were doing back when that song was a hit and played all the time.

During my tenure with WoWs, I met Tina, seduced her with my French Toast (she had no chance... and yes, with bacon on the side), got married (without needing further coercion), and now a baby (yes forum trolls it's ours, try to be more original).  Today is actually the due date but apparently our little girl likes it too much in there so we're scheduled next week to have her induced.

So what big events have happened in your life during your time playing floaty boats?   Graduate college?  Start a new career?  Kick off your retirement?  

And what has the game taught you?

I learned that caps are like women.  You can't just charge in and expect to get them and keep them long-term.  You have to play it cool.  That timing and patience are critical.  That you need to show why you deserve the cap more than all the others who want it (by deleting the nearby enemy ships first, then capping).  But you can't be too passive either.  Or you'll get friend-zoned and lose out to @Pulicat  or @Kombat_W0MBAT who eat caps for lunch...:cap_fainting:

Edited by VGLance
  • Cool 7

[OO7]
Members
4,486 posts
11,046 battles

Important analogy question. Is pulicat married? 

Regardless, Congrants on The addition. Our 3rd is due sometime this month, not nearly as much of a change as the first one was

Edited by Ducky_shot

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,058 posts

Another Cap Analogy.  If you don't make your presence known, and aggressively contest them, you will lose them.  But if one encounters too much defenses, it's better to move along to the next one.

I don't recall any French ship named 'Toast'..  Must be a pretty good DD to cap so well.  The concealment on the Aigle is not that great.

As I have seen repeatedly here, that child is now your focus of attention.  Those of us who have raised children understand.

You will be EVERYTHING to that child until the age of 11-12..  Then it's, "Just drop me off at the Mall and don't let my friends see you.  OK?  Thanks!  Love You Dad..   Bye."

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles

Congrats, man! 

My wife and I have been married for 3 years, but kids are still on the distant horizon... assuming all goes according to plan. 

[TNG]
Members
2,229 posts
10,952 battles
13 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Important analogy question. Is pulicat married? 

Regardless, Congrants on The addition. Our 3rd is due sometime this month, not nearly as much of a change as the first one was

Thanks and gratz to you too!  They say it gets easier but I don't know.  I imagine it's like hearding cats, like calling A and B and you still get some going to C.

[TNG]
Members
2,229 posts
10,952 battles
6 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Another Cap Analogy.  If you don't make your presence known, and aggressively contest them, you will lose them.  But if one encounters too much defenses, it's better to move along to the next one.

I don't recall any French ship named 'Toast'..  Must be a pretty good DD to cap so well.  The concealment on the Aigle is not that great.

As I have seen repeatedly here, that child is now your focus of attention.  Those of us who have raised children understand.

You will be EVERYTHING to that child until the age of 11-12..  Then it's, "Just drop me off at the Mall and don't let my friends see you.  OK?  Thanks!  Love You Dad..   Bye."

Yeah my father was a total dork so I always dreaded when he hung around.  You knew he'd embarrass you, it was more scary not knowing to what degree.

Look at the bright side, you got an "I love you" and didn't hit you up for money.  Sounds like you did pretty good.

[TNG]
Members
2,229 posts
10,952 battles
9 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Congrats, man! 

My wife and I have been married for 3 years, but kids are still on the distant horizon... assuming all goes according to plan. 

Thanks!  Gratz on 3 years... and would that be your plan or hers lol?  Pro tip, don't wait too long, IVF ain't cheap and isn't covered under insurance, at least not hear in the States.  Like 6 figures not cheap.

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Well, I finally published my novel, after having started up a sequel.

It's called The Crop-Duster's Son and is available on Amazon in e-Book and paperback formats. :Smile_trollface:

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles
1 minute ago, VGLance said:

Thanks!  Gratz on 3 years... and would that be your plan or hers lol?  Pro tip, don't wait too long, IVF ain't cheap and isn't covered under insurance, at least not hear in the States.  Like 6 figures not cheap.

It's a mutual plan. Both of us are enjoying our careers, traveling, and the vitality of youth (while it lasts). We shouldn't need IVF. I'm 29 and she's 27, so we've got a couple years left. 

[OO7]
Members
4,486 posts
11,046 battles
43 minutes ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I'm 29 and she's 27

Kids these days.... 

Spoiler

*Will be the ripe old age of 31 this weekend... :Smile_teethhappy: Goes to show wisdom and knowledge don't necessarily accrue with age. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
873 posts
13,562 battles

Congratulations, sir, to you and your beautiful bride! If there is anything more amazing than a person being created through an act of love, I have yet to encounter it. It's been over 28 years since the birth of my son. Wouldn't change a thing. Hoping you can one day say the same, brother.

Respects,

Am

[WOLFG]
Members
4,814 posts
2,726 battles

How is the game like real life?

The only thing worse than no communication is bad communication.

You have to know when to take it easy and when to drop the hammer (you are a ways off on this in the new part of your life, but it will come eventually).

Congrats.  I would tell you to rest up, but her being due, you probably can't get much rest because she can't either.

If you are in the delivery room, her "game face" will give you pause.

Edited by DrHolmes52

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,684 battles

Graduated high school, started on college, began hording reptiles, became the owner of a local pet store, purchased a car for the first time with my own money, visited 5 museum ships since I've started playing.

Sign in to follow this