Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Seraphil

WOWP is selling unique female commanders too

31 comments in this topic

[-TAB-]
Alpha Tester
4,155 posts
8,061 battles

Right now WOWP is selling three female pilots in their premium shop for $9.99 each, and they come with 2 unique skills, 7 skill points and an additional 2,000 gold.  Be nice if WOWS took a few notes from this.

Edit: missed a key word in the thread title

[HINON]
Supertester
20,719 posts
14,141 battles

WoWS has had more unique captains / commanders for sale than any other WG title. What notes exactly should WoWS take?

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
4,660 posts
4,467 battles
14 minutes ago, Lert said:

WoWS has had more unique captains / commanders for sale than any other WG title. What notes exactly should WoWS take?

Aye.

Maybe WoWP looked at WoWs and decided to make their own special commanders.

Maybe OP meant price? I think our special commanders are little more expensive, in general. :P

:Smile_hiding:

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts

Uh oh.... am I going to have to branch my mod into new games?

[SYN]
Members
15,331 posts
12,175 battles

IDK if $10 is cheap for a WoWp pilot or not, because I, quite frankly, don't feel that the pilot skills make any difference in WoWp.

I mean, you'd be lucky to get more than 4 human players in the match, where the skills might make a difference.

Edited by MrDeaf

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
33 minutes ago, Seraphil said:

Right now WOWP is selling three female pilots in their premium shop for $9.99 each, and they come with 2 unique skills, 7 skill points and an additional 2,000 gold.  Be nice if WOWS took a few notes from this.

At least WOWP actually has female pilots graphically equivalent to their male counterparts. @Pigeon_of_War take note. Sorry, what is normal in WOWP is too politically charged for WOWS forums/

• Boring 3

[INTEL]
Members
7,121 posts
29,330 battles

Ok. Ok. And we should care about WOWP why?

I fail to see the issue or problem.

WOWP? Who cares?

Never installed, never played it, (same goes for WOT).

Members
2,153 posts
5,873 battles

Actually the thing that's attractive about it is that it gives us girls pilots that are female to fly our planes.  That probably doesn't make a big difference to most here on this forum, but to some of us, it's a nice touch.  

Of course, so is Dasha :Smile_great:

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts

Guys guys... WoWS already has women in the game

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
2 hours ago, Lert said:

fictional female captains presented in a manner graphically equivalent to their fictional male counterparts without crude attempts at sexualization. But WOWS is following its own path on this quite clearly :

earlg.PNG 

I think you understand this. 

• Boring 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,596 posts
9,580 battles

What is interesting is that the three Unique Pilots end up being free.  One Pilot with 2,000 gold costs $9.99USD,  2,000 gold costs $10.34USD. The three Pilots and 5,000 gold cost $23.56USD.  5,000 gold by itself costs $23.56USD.

WOWP must be hurting for players again.  That's how they drew me back last December - with all sorts of cheap good deals.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
14 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

.....what?

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

.....what?

.....where?

• Boring 1

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
1 minute ago, DarthZeppelin said:

.....where?

All I caught from that was the tired old claim that "Anime is only sexualization".

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
2 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

All I caught from that was the tired old claim that "Anime is only sexualization".

I made no mention of anime/ You are over interpreting. I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, with zero reference to anime. It isn't about you, but about WOWS and WG.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
20 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

I made no mention of anime/ You are over interpreting. I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, with zero reference to anime. It isn't about you, but about WOWS and WG.

Having been neck-deep in the commander portrait modding business for a year now... I can tell you that that is the ONLY thing you could be talking about, as the only other female captains in the game are for special events.

" fictional female captains presented in a manner graphically equivalent to their fictional male counterparts without crude attempts at sexualization "

So, were you talking about these?

mina_ura_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k5l.pnspaceman6_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k5y.p

Or these?

mina_thea_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k6f.pkouko_nosa_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k8y.maron_yanagiwara_by_chobittsu_studios-dcmei_irizaki_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k84moeka_china_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k7vakeno_mashiro_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4knachi_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k7b.pngmyoko_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k7l.pngkongou_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k97.pngkirishima_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k9h.piona_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k9v.pngtakao_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kcc.pngashigara_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kbe.pnhaguro_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kb5.pngharuna_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kax.pnghiei_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kab.pngazur_aurora_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kckazur_hipper_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4k6razur_belfast_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kdazur_hood_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kd1.pazur_nelson_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4kcrazur_cleveland_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj4azur_enterprise_by_chobittsu_studios-dcj

The only one you might have an argument for is Belfast, but her chest is no larger than the WoWP women when you add on the more restrictive coats and jackets.
(which I might add can be a bit of a problem for female pilots, especially ones that have to pull high-G maneuvers)

• Cool 1

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
4 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

So, were you talking about these?

No, i was talking about what we don't have in game, that which is missing, as I stated quite clearly, without mention of anime, dasha, or any other existing female avatars : "fictional female captains presented in a manner graphically equivalent to their fictional male counterparts without crude attempts at sexualization "

Graphically equivalent.

I have no issue with anime per se. 

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
2 minutes ago, DarthZeppelin said:

No, i was talking about what we don't have in game, that which is missing, as I stated quite clearly, without mention of anime, dasha, or any other existing female avatars : "fictional female captains presented in a manner graphically equivalent to their fictional male counterparts without crude attempts at sexualization "

Graphically equivalent.

I have no issue with anime per se. 

Ohhh, so you want this?
azur_beta_by_chobittsu_studios-dcduh9i.parp_beta_by_chobittsu_studios-dcduhce.pn

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
Just now, Chobittsu said:

Ohhh, so you want this?

Not quite. I want to see, in game, are female captain avatars with  graphical rendering equivalent to the default male captain avatars, and available to players, by default. In short treated in every way, identically.
6fqFML2.jpg
g399010.jpg

I am sure you get this.

But I'll repeat :  I want to see, in game, are female captain avatars with  graphical rendering equivalent to the default male captain avatars, and available to players, by default. In short treated in every way in terms of bearing, graphical treatment and style, presence and availability, identically.

Is that too complicated?

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts

Is that too complicated?

Me dumb anime fan, me no understand big wordings.

We'll get that eventually, but it's low priority.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
1 minute ago, Chobittsu said:

Me dumb anime fan, me no understand big wordings.

We'll get that eventually, but it's low priority.

you could make such a mod, but let's be honest, it would bore you to tears.r8yUaMd.jpg?1

which is why WOWS/WG need to get it done. (and it is their job after all)

• Boring 1

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts

but let's be honest, it would bore you to tears.

Me no smart enough to know insult when see one.

I could make one, of course, but let's be honest, you're not paying me to make it.

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,907 posts
8,282 battles
3 minutes ago, Chobittsu said:

Me no smart enough to know insult when see one.

I could make one, of course, but let's be honest, you're not paying me to make it.

No insult intended,  but you are correct, I am not paying you, while we pay enough to WOWS to expect them to deal with a task which is amply within their capabilities and resources, while as a mod, it would not be equivalent to a default avatar choice, one which cannot be hidden. (This is what terrifies a % of our playerbase).

Sign in to follow this