You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Strait....question?

10 comments in this topic

Members
4,724 posts
8,074 battles

Co-0p match just played.  Straits. 2 caps. Game starts and immediately all but 2 ships, me and another guy, bailed and left to head to the Red cap. I am seeing this a lot. Is this a good thing to do?  Now it was co-op. We did win. However I am also seeing this in random. Leaves you outgunned if you stay and fight the cap you spawned at. Is this a smart thing for your mates to do?

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

No one answer is always right, the best move is usually to take one cap of three, and then fight for the second but every match I am in has someone rush each cap. Do we still win at times? Sure. Just not regularly enough.

Standing to defend your cap can work as can rushing the opponent. 

The one rule that will remain true is that nothing will always work, I try to watch the minimap and adjust at need. Sometimes I even get it right.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

My answer is push only your side. You can push to the opposite side but I will stay on my side no matter what ship I am in. Keep in mind, I am your air support.

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles
8 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

My answer is push only your side. You can push to the opposite side but I will stay on my side no matter what ship I am in. Keep in mind, I am your air support.

I see so few carriers I have killed all my AA mods and skills. 

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,270 battles

It just means I won't attack you. By the time I do, you will see my ship in this map.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,684 posts
2,642 battles

Two Caps?  Standard Battle?

My experience is never hurry anywhere in a coop Standard Battle.  You don't need to find the bots, you just need to be in good position to kill them

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
468 posts
5,348 battles

Straits - depending on your bote and temperament. Battleships either push or defend their side supported by cruisers with destroyers scouting, harassing or capping (as needed).

Everytime 2 of those three elements go across the map, that team will lose. For about 5 minutes, enemy team doesn't have anyone degrading their HP or positions.

Team with best carrier also has greater chance to win except if the other botes cross the map as noted above.

[5D]
Members
2,706 posts
16,216 battles

In a random battle, my experience is typically the team that rushes to only one side gets pinned in because they've ceded map control if the red team pushes from both spawns.

In this scenario, the ships crossing are out of the battle due to the height of the islands. Also since the capital ships are slow they get detected and start to lose health before they even get to the islands.

Meanwhile the enemy team now recognizes that the other team is consolidating and doesn't have to worry about one section of the map and moves to the middle while continuing the push from the other spawn point.

Have teams been successful doing? Occasionally but that's more due to the quality of the other team not superior execution of tactics.

If both teams lemming train to one side it's a coin flip because now they've countered each other with the same strategy.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,155 battles
45 minutes ago, dmckay said:

Co-0p match just played.  Straits. 2 caps. Game starts and immediately all but 2 ships, me and another guy, bailed and left to head to the Red cap. I am seeing this a lot. Is this a good thing to do?  Now it was co-op. We did win. However I am also seeing this in random. Leaves you outgunned if you stay and fight the cap you spawned at. Is this a smart thing for your mates to do?

There is one given in Random battles and that is whoever holds the high ground ( caps) in force mid game,usually has the better chance of winning, how you get there can take many forms ..lemming trains in opposite caps is not one of them ... usually