You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

The high tier battleship experience summed up in one GIF

49 comments in this topic

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,779 posts
10,986 battles

Actually that is all tiers and all ships, there is far too much fire spam. Fire may have been a good equalizer earlier in the games life but with things like Inertial Fuse HE now does good damage even to heavily armored targets and still starts fires. As it is now there is no real down side to choosing IFHE because the fire chance does not drop enough. I am thinking that IFHE should either be treated like AP with no fires or if it could be coded make fires caused by it burn for a drastically shorter time than fires from regular HE.

• Cool 3
  • Angry 1

[-K-]
Members
6,299 posts
10,490 battles

I was fully expecting a clip of a ship only sailing in reverse.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Enemy Ship ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Allied Ship

Edited by Vangm94

[AHOY_]
Members
184 posts
9,780 battles
29 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually that is all tiers and all ships, there is far too much fire spam. Fire may have been a good equalizer earlier in the games life but with things like Inertial Fuse HE now does good damage even to heavily armored targets and still starts fires. As it is now there is no real down side to choosing IFHE because the fire chance does not drop enough. I am thinking that IFHE should either be treated like AP with no fires or if it could be coded make fires caused by it burn for a drastically shorter time than fires from regular HE.

And yet bbs still manage to have the most hp, highest heal rates and do the most average damage in game...

Members
5 posts
3,772 battles
41 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

The downside of fire damage vs. AP is the percentage of damage that can be healed. I love when enemy battleships shoot HE at my Arizona, while I shoot AP into their hull, or superstructure (if angled). 

[WOLFG]
Members
4,818 posts
2,726 battles
41 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Enemy Ship <--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->  Allied Ship

FIFY

[SYN]
Members
15,332 posts
12,175 battles

RNG just hates you, or you don't have FP

Because whenever I take out higher tier cruisers, I rarely ever end up with more than 10 fires per game, despite proper ammo selection at angled targets.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
2,910 posts
20,871 battles
51 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

^^ ikr

Members
614 posts
54 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

Enemy Ship ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  Allied Ship

Conqueror -- Spawn

I've watched too many Jingles vids lately ;-)

[WOLF3]
Members
19,800 posts
18,210 battles

I'm sorry, is this another BB Whine Thread about how hard it is being a Battleship?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Battleships have the Alpha Strike Damage, the highest HP possible, the best armor possible, Repair Party at every tier BBs are in.  Even the best Damage Control Parties are found in BBs (USN).  WG has been putting out more and more BBs with Cruiser-like Stealth.  And if that wasn't enough, WG has been putting out more and more BBs with waterline citadels, as if the heavy armor wasn't protective enough.

Meanwhile we got Cruisers that have citadels extending almost the entire godd*mn length of the ship with above-the-waterline citadels, alongside Cruiser "armor."  25mm armor is common, they celebrate if they got a 27mm bow that only stops up to 380mm while a BB can mindlessly bow tank anything short of a godd*mn IJN 460 AP salvo.  The vast majority of Cruisers don't even have Repair Party.  So even chip damage from DD shells is permanent against the Cruiser and degrades it over time.  It can't repair it back.  FFS, there are Cruisers you can citadel with HE shells, even by DD caliber HE shells!

Wait... What's that?  HE & Fires you say?

Two easy fixes.

1.  STOP PUTTING YOUR SHIP INTO AN OBVIOUS FOCUS FIRE POSITION.

2.  MANAGE YOUR CONSUMABLES BETTER.  You pop DCP for 1 fire, you deserve what's going to happen to you afterward.

4ea.jpg

That's it.  It's simple.

You also got the highest HP pool, capability to repair damage (Repair Party heals back 100% of Fire Damage).  BBs can withstand it.  You got captain traits, ship upgrades, flags that can be adopted to help combat fire effects.

Battleships are the easiest form of play in WoWS.  You don't worry about much compared to a Cruiser or Destroyer that has to be constantly concerned about getting instantly killed despite being in high HP.  It's the most stress-free form of play in WoWS.

When Cruisers and Destroyers no longer have to worry about getting 1-shotted, we can talk about the effects of fire.  Until then...

tumblr_mokcd21FA31srkowjo1_400.gif

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 1

Members
4,355 posts
20 minutes ago, DinosaurTrain said:

The downside of fire damage vs. AP is the percentage of damage that can be healed. I love when enemy battleships shoot HE at my Arizona, while I shoot AP into their hull, or superstructure (if angled). 

I've done a lot of inspecting my damage and HE vs. AP.  For me, I do more damage using pure AP than HE.  I can't count on fire doing consistent damage match to match.

Lately though it does seem like my BBs are doused in gasoline waiting to ignite at the slightest touch.

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
24 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

RNG just hates you, or you don't have FP

Yep. No FP yet :Smile_sad: It's fine though, I only have BOS and I run rudder shift and I still don't have issues with fires, even though they are annoying. 

6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm sorry, is this another BB Whine Thread about how hard it is being a Battleship?

No, it isn't, it's just an unlucky moment that I thought was amusing. 

6 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Battleships have the Alpha Strike Damage, the highest HP possible, the best armor possible, Repair Party at every tier BBs are in.

Here we go :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by CarbonButtprint
  • Funny 2

[INTEL]
Members
1,346 posts
11,264 battles

My Musashi says please please please set me on fire. Cause what you need in your cruisers life is 460mm ap headed your direction at an ever increasing rate.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,800 posts
18,210 battles
5 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Here we go :Smile_facepalm:

It's the truth, doesn't matter if you can't take it.

Really, you guys whine about Fire Damage but it can all be healed back.

Meanwhile, Cruisers getting ripped by 1/2 their max HP or worse by one BB salvo.  What happens what you get multiple BB AP hits on a DD?  It gets pretty bad.  Meanwhile you BBs are whining about damage you can heal 100% back.

LJin0YP.gif?noredirect

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,021 posts
4,848 battles

Ironic, they even made a battleship line that's sole purpose is throwing wild fire whilst rolling with a Romulan clocking device. 

British Battleships: FIRE AND BLOOD

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
19,800 posts
18,210 battles
3 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Ironic, they even made a battleship line that's sole purpose is throwing wild fire whilst rolling with a Romulan clocking device. 

I don't mind RN BBs.  They shoot almost exclusively at other Battleships, which is fine to me as a Cruiser Player.

It's because of this, I personally think of RN BBs as a Cruiser player's larger cousin :Smile_glasses:

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
19 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Battleships are the easiest form of play in WoWS.  You don't worry about much compared to a Cruiser or Destroyer that has to be constantly concerned about getting instantly killed despite being in high HP.  It's the most stress-free form of play in WoWS.

I agree BBs are the most stress free to play. They are by far the easiest and learning when to use DC party and how to bow tank while looking for broadsides to exploit makes them a yawner compaired to DDs and cruisers. 

[HINON]
Members
10,787 posts

Sheesh, OP was just pointing out the irony that at the exact moment his dcp went on cooldown, he was lit on fire.

• Cool 1

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,021 posts
4,848 battles
7 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't mind RN BBs.  They shoot almost exclusively at other Battleships, which is fine to me as a Cruiser Player.

It's because of this, I personally think of RN BBs as a Cruiser player's larger cousin :Smile_glasses:

Not the one's I run into sadly. 

Members
653 posts
14 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

Brit CLOCKING DEVICE?

Conq shoots your boat and someone says hey that conq just cleaned your clock.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

Pretty funny, though apparently that gif is about 5 GB since it took about a whole minute to fully load.

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
27 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It's the truth, doesn't matter if you can't take it.

I don't care if it's the truth, that wasn't the point of this thread. The point was to show my horrible luck and getting lit on fire the second DCP goes off cooldown. It happens on every other class of ship. Stop trying to start an argument. 

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
2 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

Pretty funny, though apparently that gif is about 5 GB since it took about a whole minute to fully load.

Yeah I was having problems compressing it, since it was made out of a shadowplay video (that's how I recorded it). It says it's about 16mb.