Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
motormouth85

Sleeping Giant

5 comments in this topic

[MOO]
Members
57 posts
6,526 battles

Can we finally address the elephant in the room that this map is probably the worst in the game?  I hated Shatter before, but after playing several snooze fests on Camping Giant Turd, I find Shatter to be quite enjoyable.  Here's how every match plays out:  Camp C, ignore B, DDs go to A.  Whichever campers out camp the other campers at C win the match.  Rinse and repeat.  Idk, maybe I'm just jaded for having so many rotten matches on this trainwreck, but I doubt I'm the only one.  Thoughts?

[187]
Members
1,351 posts
8,083 battles
45 minutes ago, motormouth85 said:

Can we finally address the elephant in the room that this map is probably the worst in the game?  I hated Shatter before, but after playing several snooze fests on Camping Giant Turd, I find Shatter to be quite enjoyable.  Here's how every match plays out:  Camp C, ignore B, DDs go to A.  Whichever campers out camp the other campers at C win the match.  Rinse and repeat.  Idk, maybe I'm just jaded for having so many rotten matches on this trainwreck, but I doubt I'm the only one.  Thoughts?

Just last night our clan was saying what a great map this is....but then again we don't camp....and Ocean map is pure...it should be the main map in clan battles.

Edited by C_D

[NUWES]
Members
2,189 posts
6,911 battles
39 minutes ago, motormouth85 said:

That hasn't been my experience. The times I get this map the team usually splits between A (the one inside the caldera) and C. The A group usually ends up in a short-range firefight to get through the far opening or you get a brave, crafty DD player who tries to slip in the other side. The C group tends to camp behind the islands between B and C to try to cover the light ships trying to take C.

As a cruiser main, this map is one of my favorites. The large obstructions along the center longitude tend to block long range fire and force the BBs in particular to move in. There are lots of places where you can move behind islands and force the enemy to come to you and drive you out. I've rarely seen camp-fests on this map unlike  Mountain Range for example. In my experience this is one of the better anti-camp maps along with Shatter. 

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

Sending a cruiser into A from middle is both terrifying and amazing.

Sign in to follow this