You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

55 comments in this topic

[WAG]
Members
1,695 posts
9,122 battles

please..... no more T10... WG  what are you thinking???  With your wallets again?

I think I speak for many when I say that we have had ENOUGH on T10 and T8 competitions...

• Cool 9
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,788 posts
3,942 battles

I like T8 and T10 Ranked, so I disagree.

I would have preferred T7 and T8 Ranked, or T8 and T9 Ranked, or T7 and T9 Ranked though.

Granted, WG has been pushing more activity at T9/T10. Everything from FXP/Coal Premiums to high-tier only Campaigns, to only rewarding those with T10s every WoWs Anniversary.

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
3 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

With your wallets again?

This is the one tier that I would assume generates very low revenue especially since it was just a few months ago. 

I don’t like tier s ranked but I’m just saying that reason could be aregued for any other tier and be stronger. 

[AR15]
Supertester
2,589 posts
8,738 battles
1 minute ago, Vangm94 said:

No

This. T10 is a very balanced tier with no wonky premiums to throw things off. 

T9 would be awful, a lot of stinkers at that tier. 

T8 has been done and is OK. 

T7 is World of Saifasthorst

T6 is just terrible

T5 is worse, it would be World of Giuliokaze

T4 is still nope

T3 would be so slow

T2? No. Just no. 

T1 might be completely hilarious though

• Cool 2

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
1 minute ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

T6 is just terrible

T4 is still nope

T3 would be so slow

T2? No. Just no. 

1. Low Tier
  2. Low Tier
  3. Amusing Tier
    1. Tenryu
  4. Good Tier
  5. Painful tier with many lessons to be learned
  6. Great tier with hard and easy battles
    1. Ryujo
    2. Fubuki
  7. Can be painful
  8. (For me), good tier when I am uptiered
    1. Richelieu
    2. Asashio
    3. HSF Harekaze
  9. Passive BB Tactics suck
    1. Fletcher
    2. Iowa
  10. Passive BB Tactics suck, good tier when I Shimakaze
    1. Shimakze
  • Cool 1

Members
208 posts
2,089 battles
6 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

T6 is just terrible

T4 is still nope

T3 would be so slow

T2? No. Just no. 

T1 ranked would be epic.

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,224 battles
5 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:
  1. Tier 6Great tier with hard and easy battles
    1. Ryujo
    2. Fubuki
  2. Tier 7 Can be painful
  3. Tier 8 (For me), good tier when I am uptiered
    1. Richelieu
    2. Asashio
    3. HSF Harekaze

I feel this is accurate.

The meta and playstyle is so different compared to passive tier 10 games.

Tier 6 is an amazing tier and balanced just fine. It just gets a bad rep in random match due to the tendency of getting uptiered by 2 and rarely ever being top tier.

Tier 7 does have some balance issues but still fun.

Tier 8 amazing fun as well. 

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 2

[WAG]
Members
1,695 posts
9,122 battles
21 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

This is the one tier that I would assume generates very low revenue especially since it was just a few months ago. 

really?... consider how one gets to T10... a player has to spend considerable time and effort, and most likely some hard cash, in the climb to T10 ( orT8 for rentals) in order to participate....

Edited by Elo_J_Fudpucker
  • Cool 2

[AWP]
Members
785 posts
3,318 battles
3 minutes ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

really?... consider how one gets to T10... a player has to spend considerable time and effort, and most likely some hard cash, in the climb to T10 ( orT8 for rentals) in order to participate....

Rentals? That is only for clan wars. I find it hard to believe people would spend money to convert that much XP and most likely credits as well in order to get to tier 10 simply for ranked. On the other hand, at tier 8 there are loads of premiums to buy for $55 or less and immediately hop in. Even less at other tiers. Tier 10 ranked is the only one you cannot directly spend money to get into. 

A new player can buy any tier ship up to 8 for just cash. To go from just a tier 8-10 is roughly 450k XP which would cost $72 and you still need roughly 20 million credits...

[WAG]
Members
1,695 posts
9,122 battles
5 minutes ago, Belyy_Klyk said:

Rentals? That is only for clan wars. I find it hard to believe people would spend money to convert that much XP and most likely credits as well in order to get to tier 10 simply for ranked. On the other hand, at tier 8 there are loads of premiums to buy for $55 or less and immediately hop in. Even less at other tiers. Tier 10 ranked is the only one you cannot directly spend money to get into. 

A new player can buy any tier ship up to 8 for just cash. To go from just a tier 8-10 is roughly 450k XP which would cost $72 and you still need roughly 20 million credits...

The point is that I have had enough of T10,  in Clan, in Ranked, and in general...

I have a whole port full of competitive ships that are not T10.

• Cool 4

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,541 posts
4,679 battles

it would be nice to have tier 6 clan battles. Allow more players to join

• Cool 3

[WAG]
Members
1,695 posts
9,122 battles

I do not understand the issues people have with lower tiers... so far, all they do is say they hate it but do not explain why...

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,224 battles
50 minutes ago, Show_Me_Your_Cits said:

T6 is just terrible

10 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

How so? 

I'm also interested in this. I find tier 6 is the most balanced in all of the tier levels (When you look at tier 6 by itself.) 

I think it's due to the meta. Tier 6 demands a very aggressive play style compared to the passive tier 10 games. You need to get close and personal most of the time to actually make plays. Also in this tier you have class speed differences. Most battleships go sub 30 knts, cruisers just hit 30s, while DDs are in the upper 30s.

Edited by Merlox
  • Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
27 minutes ago, 11thACRColdsteel said:

When is the next ranked season btw, and has it been announced what tier it will be?

Soon after Clan Wars end which ends on 17 days. The tiers will be tier 8 agains for part of it then back to tier X for most of it just like last time, excerpt Rank 1 is tier 5 instead of 7 like last season. This is the reason for the big uproar is Wargaming used to vary the tier every Ranked Season, not start repeating same thing...

And with Clan Wars always being tier X and now Ranked doing it, things become a little dull with the same things over and over thousands of times. 

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
6 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I'm also interested in this. I find tier 6 is the most balanced in all of the tier levels (When you look at tier 6 by itself.) 

I think it's due to the meta. Tier 6 demands a very aggressive play style compared to the passive tier 10 games. You need to get close and personal most of the time to actually make plays. Also in this tier you have class speed differences. Most battleships go sub 30 knts, cruisers just hit 30s, while DDs are in the upper 30s.

Yeah as a player that enjoys close ranged fights, I really enjoy tier 6.

• Cool 2

[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Soon after Clan Wars end which ends on 17 days. The tiers will be tier 8 agains for part of it then back to tier X for most of it just like last time, excerpt Rank 1 is tier 5 instead of 7 like last season. This is the reason for the big uproar is Wargaming used to vary the tier every Ranked Season, not start repeating same thing...

And with Clan Wars always being tier X and now Ranked doing it, things become a little dull with the same things over and over thousands of times. 

Perfect....thanks for the info...very cool of you.   Appreciate it.

[NAUTY]
Members
572 posts
15 minutes ago, Merlox said:

I completely agree..my fav tiers are 5 -7...sometimes Tier 8..but anything after that..and you have individuals not willing to take any risks..and everyone sails @ the edge of detection and never does anything fun..thats why the map with the channel in the middle is still bye far the best..Channel ATTACK FOREVA!!!!

As far as Wonky premiums..they aren't Wonky..they are more specialized....since the Tech tree ships are all soo balanced..oooohh..woopy no risk taking on ship designs or anything to stand out. I love how the nations are all different. I dont understand when people say gimmicky...People obviously don't understand the definition of gimmick. Different flavors in each of the nations is what makes the lines worth playing...but I digress.

Back to premiums, I love all the premies I have because they have 1 or more outstanding features...they are worse in some ways..better in others..if you call that wonky, then you must be somebody boring who likes all they're ships the same.

If I wanted all the vehicles to be the same regardless of nation etc..I would go play WOT..oh wait..I play that too...

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,788 posts
3,942 battles

T6 Ranked would just be a BB fest, like the past few times where T6 Ranked ended up coming down to the BBs. Moreso now with even more options.

• Old Guard Fuso, with the range and trollish armor (as long as she isn't baring broadside at the wrong times)
  • Old Guard Warspite, where a trollish secondary build or main gun focus build allowed her to punch her way to victory
  • HE Spammer QE, where her HE is enough to usually melt or pen unlucky cruisers and nuke DDs
  • Mutsu, where her 16" guns are practically guaranteed to pen bows and sting (if they don't shatter), and has torpedoes as last-resort weapons
  • Volley Spammer Normandie, where she offers an alternative to Fuso in terms of gun volleys

Most T6 cruisers aren't resistant at all to the BBs at that tier, and the DDs would need to be extra careful or get sent back to port.

In comparison, T8 and T10 see cruisers which are mostly more resistant to BBs at certain angles, and can better handle the heat. Same goes for the DDs, where they can actually be stealthy enough to deal with BBs and some cruisers adequately (even despite proliferation of Radar).

[RKLES]
Members
8,972 posts
10,828 battles
3 minutes ago, drakoolia said:

I completely agree..my fav tiers are 5 -7...sometimes Tier 8..but anything after that..and you have individuals not willing to take any risks..and everyone sails @ the edge of detection and never does anything fun..thats why the map with the channel in the middle is still bye far the best..Channel ATTACK FOREVA!!!!

As far as Wonky premiums..they aren't Wonky..they are more specialized....since the Tech tree ships are all soo balanced..oooohh..woopy no risk taking on ship designs or anything to stand out. I love how the nations are all different. I dont understand when people say gimmicky...People obviously don't understand the definition of gimmick. Different flavors in each of the nations is what makes the lines worth playing...but I digress.

Back to premiums, I love all the premies I have because they have 1 or more outstanding features...they are worse in some ways..better in others..if you call that wonky, then you must be somebody boring who likes all they're ships the same.

If I wanted all the vehicles to be the same regardless of nation etc..I would go play WOT..oh wait..I play that too...

Yeah plus the real world history behind the mid tier premium ships is often really nice as welll. Adds a little extra to to the fun of using them in battles.

[NLIST]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,936 posts
10,684 battles
1 hour ago, Elo_J_Fudpucker said:

please..... no more T10... WG  what are you thinking???  With your wallets again?

I think I speak for many when I say that we have had ENOUGH on T10 and T8 competitions...

You've never gone past rank 10, so why does it matter to you? Are you actually going to push hard and try to rank out?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,224 battles
2 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

T6 Ranked would just be a BB fest, like the past few times where T6 Ranked ended up coming down to the BBs. Moreso now with even more options.

• Old Guard Fuso, with the range and trollish armor (as long as she isn't baring broadside at the wrong times)
  • Old Guard Warspite, where a trollish secondary build or main gun focus build allowed her to punch her way to victory
  • HE Spammer QE, where her HE is enough to usually melt or pen unlucky cruisers and nuke DDs
  • Mutsu, where her 16" guns are practically guaranteed to pen bows and sting (if they don't shatter), and has torpedoes as last-resort weapons
  • Volley Spammer Normandie, where she offers an alternative to Fuso in terms of gun volleys

Most T6 cruisers aren't resistant at all to the BBs at that tier, and the DDs would need to be extra careful or get sent back to port.

In comparison, T8 and T10 see cruisers which are mostly more resistant to BBs at certain angles, and can better handle the heat. Same goes for the DDs, where they can actually be stealthy enough to deal with BBs and some cruisers adequately (even despite proliferation of Radar).

The times I played ranked 6 I only used perth and I had a very high win rate. I feel like DDs and Crusiers while harder to play have an extreme impact on the game at that level. Low Hydro and no radar. a DD will eat up BBs.

• Cool 1