Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11C4O

HMS Cossack news?

16 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
363 posts
202 battles

IRL I have a job that's been taking 60hrs a week of my time so I haven't been able to peruse all the data like I used to. 

Sooooo having said that, any news on Cossack? It's been in testing/ limbo for over 6 months. Is it getting the T61/ Kidd treatment? Or are they still actively trying to get it in the game?

(Soon tm) is not a real answer a simple I don't know or nothing has been posted will suffice.

Thanks have fun killing ships today.

Cheers

[NGA]
Members
1,739 posts
9,291 battles

The first incarnation of the Cossack with only three turrets was basically a testbed for the Haida while Wargaming was negotiating with Parks Canada for its use in-game. The current Cossack, with four turrets is supposedly in the final stages of testing since @LittleWhiteMouse made a comment about how it and the Stalingrad will likely be the next premiums she reviews.

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,780 posts
3,937 battles

Still in testing. I forget if they bumped her up a tier or not. I haven't even seen one in testing on the live server, unlike the RN DDs.

At any rate, I expect her to arrive at the same time as the RN DD line, around Late August/Early September following the usual live testing to live release rate, barring no balancing issues with the RN DD line (every RN line to date suffered from extreme balancing changes).

[NGA]
Members
1,739 posts
9,291 battles
7 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Still in testing. I forget if they bumped her up a tier or not. I haven't even seen one in testing on the live server, unlike the RN DDs.

At any rate, I expect her to arrive at the same time as the RN DD line, around Late August/Early September following the usual live testing to live release rate, barring no balancing issues with the RN DD line (every RN line to date suffered from extreme balancing changes).

They did. She currently stands at tier VII. From what I recall via the Dev Blog, she's a Haida with an extra turret, better Hydro, but lacks the "creeping" smoke.

Oh her shells are slightly different, having a much better fire chance, but losing some base damage.

Edited by JediMasterDraco
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Members
363 posts
202 battles
30 minutes ago, JediMasterDraco said:

The first incarnation of the Cossack with only three turrets was basically a testbed for the Haida while Wargaming was negotiating with Parks Canada for its use in-game. The current Cossack, with four turrets is supposedly in the final stages of testing since @LittleWhiteMouse made a comment about how it and the Stalingrad will likely be the next premiums she reviews.

Excellent! Thanks for the response.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,629 posts
11,692 battles

230 days since she was first revealed and nothing solid.

Cossack was last mentioned on the Dev Blog on 10 July - 23 days ago:

Spoiler

As part of testing the British destroyer Cossack, the following parameters have been changed:
Surface Detectability Range increased from 6.49 to 6.97 km.
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke increased from 2.31 to 2.48 km.
The angles of the guns of the Main Battery were changed:
1 turret - added 58 degrees in total;
2 turret - added the ability to rotate 360 degrees;
3 turret - no change;
4 turret - added 36 degrees in total.

To go over 3 weeks in test without any further changes being put up suggests to me that the devs are pretty much happy with her. I think the concealment nerf, while warranted (5.1km is silly) makes Cossack's T8 placement over Haida rather questionable, most of the effect of the T8 concealment module is washed out by the stealth nerf, leaving her a tier higher with just another gun - and the difference between seeing T5 all the time and T10 all the time is colossal.

Cossack had her 4th turret added and was bumped to T8 back on 28 March.

This is increasingly farcical. It could be worse: it could be the sad story of T-61... (nerf torpedo reload to quad timing and release, the end).

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,780 posts
3,937 battles
10 minutes ago, mofton said:

230 days since she was first revealed and nothing solid.

Cossack was last mentioned on the Dev Blog on 10 July - 23 days ago:

Reveal hidden contents

As part of testing the British destroyer Cossack, the following parameters have been changed:
Surface Detectability Range increased from 6.49 to 6.97 km.
Surface Detectability Range after shooting from smoke increased from 2.31 to 2.48 km.
The angles of the guns of the Main Battery were changed:
1 turret - added 58 degrees in total;
2 turret - added the ability to rotate 360 degrees;
3 turret - no change;
4 turret - added 36 degrees in total.

To go over 3 weeks in test without any further changes being put up suggests to me that the devs are pretty much happy with her. I think the concealment nerf, while warranted (5.1km is silly) makes Cossack's T8 placement over Haida rather questionable, most of the effect of the T8 concealment module is washed out by the stealth nerf, leaving her a tier higher with just another gun - and the difference between seeing T5 all the time and T10 all the time is colossal.

Cossack had her 4th turret added and was bumped to T8 back on 28 March.

This is increasingly farcical. It could be worse: it could be the sad story of T-61... (nerf torpedo reload to quad timing and release, the end).

Sounds like Cossack is pretty much settled and just waiting on the RN DD line, where she can be released alongside or just in advance of.

Of course, the biggest tell would be a review from LWM; it's usually a week or two at the latest from her review to release of a Premium she reviewed.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,629 posts
11,692 battles
Just now, YamatoA150 said:

Sounds like Cossack is pretty much settled and just waiting on the RN DD line, where she can be released alongside or just in advance of.

Of course, the biggest tell would be a review from LWM; it's usually a week or two at the latest from her review to release of a Premium she reviewed.

I agree on LWM.

Cossack might now come with the line, but she's a pretty poor fit. You don't really want IFHE on her at T8 in my view, while EM looks to still be beneficial. That's in direct contrast with the Daring and Jutland. Hardly a unique problem, but at T7 with IFHE she'd have been a far more comfortable trainer.

[RKN]
Members
184 posts
8,755 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

So are we looking at a release in time for or during ranked?

Lel makes sense

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,780 posts
3,937 battles
21 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

So are we looking at a release in time for or during ranked?

If one is being extremely optimistic, during.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
10,043 posts
8,421 battles

Cossack is an eight-gun, tier 8 Tribal-class with the same Hydroacoustic Search as Haida and different smoke.

[TOG]
Members
3,448 posts
18,218 battles

So one of  them “defensive” dd’s? Don’t answe the question.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
411 posts
6,440 battles
3 hours ago, YamatoA150 said:

I doubt that the RN DD line will be coming out that soon. The Kitakaze and Harugumo are due first, perhaps in late August. I expect the RN DDs to come much later, maybe late September or October. I hope Cossack comes out some point this month and that they don't leave it until they release the RN DD line, if they do come out during Autumn.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this