Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Captain_Kylere

Thanks to my random team for being a team!

15 comments in this topic

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

I was in a battle last night with my Gaede, had four kills and was full steam towards that last enemy BB, and was involved in a long stern chase.  I saw that others would cut him out first and mentioned holding off capping so I could get the Kraken.  I swear to you, they all continued the pursuit but their aim fell (I suspect intentionally) to trash and I was able to burn him down between gun and torpedo range. It was the action of a team and it happened in a random game. 

I hate being positive, but good random teams DO happen. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles

Kindness does exist in this game, I swear.

Not quite on this level...

...but it does happen.

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,710 battles

Congrats! Such teams do exist but they are rare. Just a few days ago I carried on a match & got a Kraken, Confederate, High caliber, dev strike etc , looked at my karma & it went down 2 points after the match. I have to assume it was the red team that did it but still. What kinda miserable bastard down votes someone for doing well? 

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
2 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

Congrats! Such teams do exist but they are rare. Just a few days ago I carried on a match & got a Kraken, Confederate, High caliber, dev strike etc , looked at my karma & it went down 2 points after the match. I have to assume it was the red team that did it but still. What kinda miserable bastard down votes someone for doing well? 

With a Kraken, someone might have considered you a "kill stealer"

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,710 battles
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

With a Kraken, someone might have considered you a "kill stealer"

I thought of that but even for someone that wasnt paying attention Confederate & High Caliber awards should spell out that kills werent stolen. 

Members
614 posts
37 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

I was in a battle last night with my Gaede, had four kills and was full steam towards that last enemy BB, and was involved in a long stern chase.  I saw that others would cut him out first and mentioned holding off capping so I could get the Kraken.  I swear to you, they all continued the pursuit but their aim fell (I suspect intentionally) to trash and I was able to burn him down between gun and torpedo range. It was the action of a team and it happened in a random game. 

Great to hear.  They are rare, but it's nice to see such unified cooperation.

I had a match on Two Brothers the other night when the usual "all go mid" message started.   Well about half of the team did, but the few ships on the flanks (my DeGrasse included) were communicating, stalling long enough for the channel dash to push through.  There was even chat for ships in the channel when to stop and move forward with torp threats, wait until they focused my group coming around, etc.

We won in the end, just barely as the enemy sent more ships to the other flank and it was a very close cap win.  Should probably upload it, but even if we lost it was great to see everyone working together, calling out targets, warning each other if they're being focused, etc.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
2 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

I thought of that but even for someone that wasnt paying attention Confederate & High Caliber awards should spell out that kills werent stolen. 

Yeah, but if it was "his" kill you "stole", he might not have even paid attention.

Salties gonna salt, even anonymous ones.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
43 minutes ago, Captain_Kylere said:

I think once players know they have a win and the pressure is off, a kind of relief takes over and people are more generous if you have a mission or an achievement to complete.

On the other hand, If you ask a red to sit still while you get your kraken or a red CV to send more planes for you - FUGEDABOUDIT!!!

• Funny 1

[CK5]
Members
1,020 posts
9,036 battles
46 minutes ago, MizzenMast said:

The unfortunate truth about the Karma system is that downvotes don't have to make any sense.  Also, I would not be surprised if your own teammates gave you the downvotes just because.  

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
873 posts
13,554 battles

Congratulations, Captain_Kylere!

That's like seeing a leprechaun... sitting on a unicorn... a blue moon behind them on the horizon. *poker-face*

Respects,

Am

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
12 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The unfortunate truth about the Karma system is that downvotes don't have to make any sense.  Also, I would not be surprised if your own teammates gave you the downvotes just because.  

The kind that doesn't like low-down filthy rat kill-stealing scum on their team .. jk :)

I never neg rep someone who helps my team

Bah that was for Mizzenmast

Edited by Commander_367

[HEROS]
Members
1,594 posts
13,767 battles

Ha! 

Karma system?   It doesn't even make it to tasteless joke level any more!  Ignore it.   I checked yesterday my Karma was 110 in the morning, at the end of the day It had dropped down to 90!  I am a polite player and a good sport.  I always have been.  Could be partially that my parents and society as a whole when I was growing up in the 1960's and 70's was a bit less indulgent of childish tantrums, and absolutly did not tolerate poor sportsmanships in game people play period.    It's a different world, not always better.   And I'll bet money the the biggest hit my Karma took was my last fight of the day in a Yugumo where I played very well and scored me a 6 kill Kraken (one opportunity shot possible KS on a fleeing Shimmy, one random torp missed everyone else and clipped a heavy cruiser coming out of someone else's smoke, the other 2 cruiser and 2 BB were intentional targets that would have died anyway.   The "Plays Poorly" must have overwhelmed the plays well/worthy opponent by quite the large margin for me to be down 20 Karma point by the end of the day.

These days I see Karma as a placebo system for players with low skill or a lack of emotional center to have a button they can mash to voice their displeasure that can otherwise be ignored.  I do suppose it beats seeing them have a public temper tantrum because it's everyone else fault they getting their butts kicked and not learning the game.   At one point WG was handing out flags once a month for maintaining a positive Karma,,, I think they quietly just stopped doing that months ago.   It's been months since I got any "you been a nice guy!" emails.  Likely because some players were exploiting for the rewards and really seriously hadn't earned them.. quite the opposite.

Ah well.  I don't even bother talk'n to em any more.  My own rule is if ya can't be civil, keep your mouth shut.  I apply it to my self first.

Members
381 posts
3,987 battles

When you have a great day, and get your Kraken, high caliber, and such; you'll find some players suspect you of using Aim assists, and hence the down votes.  I never have understood how so many people seem to feel put out to have a good player on their team.  Anyone that can pull off these type of awards is welcome on my team any day, unfortunately I usually find them on the red team, I just get the spuds.  And if I have any complements left they will receive one.

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
4 hours ago, MizzenMast said:

A good amount of players surprisingly. They don't like that you outplayed them so they will report you for unsporting or plays poorly

[NASTY]
[NASTY]
Members
119 posts
6,687 battles

If you care about Karma, never ever give an advice to a player and never your raise your opinion.  Doesn't matter how polite you are.  In fact stay away from chat all together,  

Sign in to follow this