You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Are the "Go Navy!" rewards set, or will they vary?

12 comments in this topic

[FORM]
Members
533 posts
5,781 battles

Are the "Go Navy!" rewards set, or will they get update and change at some point this month? As it stands now, I'm really surprised that the "tempt you to switch sides" thing is just one crate. Why would I risk all the loyalty and tokens I've been collecting for a single crate? Seems absurd. Especially since Sharks have won every single day...

As to rewards themselves, the only ones of real value are the top ones (if you have a Tier 10 and need/want camo,) or... the Stars and Stripes "S&S". The S&S camo is better in every way (and less of an investment at just 5 tokens,) than the Shark/Eagle ones "S/E". Sure you get 10 S/E vs 8 S&S (for 50 tokens) - but it is 125% vs 100% XP bonus, and the S&S has 2x the Commander bonus. I'll admit, the S&S camo looks meh, but how much time to you spend looking closely at your own ship anyway?  I'm surprised that there's no added value in saving up for the 50 token package vs the 5 token one for the Stars and Stripes too. If we could use our coupons or something, but it is just at a flat exchange rate, so no point in not buying the 5 token ones.

Unless... the Go Navy rewards will vary and/or get updated at some point. So, does anyone know?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,643 posts
7,006 battles
44 minutes ago, TheArc said:

As it stands now, I'm really surprised that the "tempt you to switch sides" thing is just one crate. Why would I risk all the loyalty and tokens I've been collecting for a single crate?

The end goal for this event is obtaining free premium camos for high-tier American cruisers. If getting those cruisers isn't on your radar, ever, then the loyalty-switch container contents (which include coal) may be more valuable to you.

Beta Testers
1,306 posts
12,575 battles
35 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The end goal for this event is obtaining free premium camos for high-tier American cruisers. If getting those cruisers isn't on your radar, ever, then the loyalty-switch container contents (which include coal) may be more valuable to you.

Exactly this.

[WOLF9]
Members
62 posts
5,985 battles

You still earn loyalty points when you switch teams, you just get 3 for the team you end the day on vs 5 for sticking with your original team.  The loyalty points previously earned do not reset if you alternate between teams.  That’s been my experience anyway.

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,837 battles
2 hours ago, TheArc said:

Are the "Go Navy!" rewards set, or will they get update and change at some point this month? As it stands now, I'm really surprised that the "tempt you to switch sides" thing is just one crate. Why would I risk all the loyalty and tokens I've been collecting for a single crate? Seems absurd. Especially since Sharks have won every single day...

As to rewards themselves, the only ones of real value are the top ones (if you have a Tier 10 and need/want camo,) or... the Stars and Stripes "S&S". The S&S camo is better in every way (and less of an investment at just 5 tokens,) than the Shark/Eagle ones "S/E". Sure you get 10 S/E vs 8 S&S (for 50 tokens) - but it is 125% vs 100% XP bonus, and the S&S has 2x the Commander bonus. I'll admit, the S&S camo looks meh, but how much time to you spend looking closely at your own ship anyway?  I'm surprised that there's no added value in saving up for the 50 token package vs the 5 token one for the Stars and Stripes too. If we could use our coupons or something, but it is just at a flat exchange rate, so no point in not buying the 5 token ones.

Unless... the Go Navy rewards will vary and/or get updated at some point. So, does anyone know?

The only thing you said that makes sense to me is that the shark camo looks kind of "meh" …. I'm seriously debating going over to eagles tomorrow and giving up some wins just to avoid some trashy fake sharks on my ship :)

Trashy eagles ok - but sharks need to be under water!

Edited by Commander_367

[FORM]
Members
533 posts
5,781 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

The only thing you said that makes sense to me is that the shark camo looks kind of "meh" …. I'm seriously debating going over to eagles tomorrow and giving up some wins just not to have to look at some trashy fake sharks on my ship :)

Trashy eagles ok - but sharks need to be under water!

Actually I said the S&S (Stars and Stripes) was meh. The sharks is a bit cooler, IMO - though I might have the "full" shark camo total disabled. Which is fine, I like the ships looking like ships. 

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,837 battles
1 minute ago, TheArc said:

Actually I said the S&S (Stars and Stripes) was meh. The sharks is a bit cooler, IMO - though I might have the "full" shark camo total disabled. Which is fine, I like the ships looking like ships. 

In that case nothing you said made any sense :)

[FORM]
Members
533 posts
5,781 battles
5 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

In that case nothing you said made any sense :)

Well, hrmpf!

• Funny 1

[LF]
Members
147 posts

Ok, sorry but something I don't seem to get. How do you use the "tokens"; whether Shark or Eagle? When I go into the arsenal, everything seems to be "priced" in coal units. I guess there is a way to use tokens instead of coal??

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,704 posts
On 8/3/2018 at 10:17 AM, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

On 8/3/2018 at 11:56 AM, TheArc said:

51 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

In the Arsenal, there is a category tab that is named "Go Navy!". 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

You'll see a pic of it in that link about 1/2 to 2/3rd down the page.

Actually the  Des Moines,Salem get the best looking Camo  'The Freedom Camo'   if that were an option for the  Worcester  Ida  chosen The Go Navy/Eagle/Shark Camos are Yuck in comparison   To the Freedom  Camo another option that Doesn't  Sound  TOO BAD......................Is the  10,500,000  Offer For Buying a camo you already own...................Kaching:Smile_medal::Smile_teethhappy:  Or   alternatively  the conversion of tokens to redits 50,000 per token:cap_haloween:

Edited by shadowsrmine

[PVE]
Members
14,979 posts
9,573 battles
On 8/3/2018 at 9:31 AM, TheArc said:

The Go Navy rewards in the Arsenal are set. Any unused tokens will be converted to 50k credits a token when patch 7.8 drops on Wed, Aug 22nd. The Go Navy event ends when patch 7.8 drops.

You can buy Go Navy crates in the premium shop that contain 10 shark tokens, 10 eagle tokens and 12-24 dragon type flags, if you want more tokens.  The Go Navy crates cost $5 each, so are pricey.

You don't have to have the T10 ship to buy the T10 camo. If you don't have the ship, the T10 camo will sit in your inventory until you get the ship.

• Cool 1