Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

FREE PREMIUM TIME: WoT

17 comments in this topic

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles

Ok just in case anyone does not know, if you play one battle in WoT you get a free day of premium time. I forgot to look at what tier tank you needed, I got mine in a tier 4. Remember that premium time earned in any of the "World of" titles applies to all the other games. You only have to play a match, a victory isn't needed so if you have an account there you might wanna go farm another 24 hours of premium time!

• Cool 5

[VIKES]
[VIKES]
Members
560 posts
12,463 battles

Thanks much @Taylor3006, but playing just a single game in WoT for a full free day of premium here...is just not worth it :)  Man, I hate that game :cap_rambo:

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,756 posts
15,950 battles
57 minutes ago, nagasakee said:

Thanks much @Taylor3006, but playing just a single game in WoT for a full free day of premium here...is just not worth it :)  Man, I hate that game :cap_rambo:

I know the feeling, but I could probably yolo a quick kamikaze charge for a free day of premium.

• Funny 1

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
2 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I know the feeling, but I could probably yolo a quick kamikaze charge for a free day of premium.

If you have never played it though getting to Tier 4 might be the hurdle for me

[WOLF2]
Members
3,188 posts
14,844 battles
1 hour ago, nagasakee said:

Thanks for confirming everything I've heard about WoT … I'll stick to ships

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,533 posts
4,679 battles

thankfully I still have wot installed.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,573 posts
32,686 battles

I still have WoT installed but its been a while since its updated.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
9 hours ago, nagasakee said:

Naga I hate it as well, totally lost interest in it BUT for free stuff I bit the bullet, updated the Tanks program and played one match. Took me longer to update than actually play. It is worth it for the reward I think because it does not require you to actually win, just play. Just hate for anyone to miss out on a good reward when it is so easy to farm. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
8 hours ago, LubzinNJ said:

If you have never played it though getting to Tier 4 might be the hurdle for me

It may be, honestly I have played very little of WoT. It is so different than WoWS in that it has so much going on in the "Port/Garage" screen that it is overwhelming. Playing WoWS does not help all that much in learning Tanks at all. Anyways if you do give it a shot, open the Boot Camp screen, it should show up under "Missions". It only takes an hour or so to finish up, really easy you just watch a bunch of short videos and then play a match (I think, has been a while since I did it). Once you graduate boot camp you get a free premium tank AND you get 500 gold (doubloons). What you should do is spend that gold on premium time which will transfer over to WoWS. The only reason I keep WoT on my computer is to farm the easy rewards that can be applied to WoWS. I was lucky when I started WoWS. Someone had a gift card for both games that gave you a Texas for WoWS and a premium tier 4 tank for WoT and he traded that to me for  some premium time I gifted him. It has been very helpful for farming rewards. 

[SDIWO]
Members
1,186 posts
6,082 battles
9 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

It may be, honestly I have played very little of WoT. It is so different than WoWS in that it has so much going on in the "Port/Garage" screen that it is overwhelming. Playing WoWS does not help all that much in learning Tanks at all. Anyways if you do give it a shot, open the Boot Camp screen, it should show up under "Missions". It only takes an hour or so to finish up, really easy you just watch a bunch of short videos and then play a match (I think, has been a while since I did it). Once you graduate boot camp you get a free premium tank AND you get 500 gold (doubloons). What you should do is spend that gold on premium time which will transfer over to WoWS. The only reason I keep WoT on my computer is to farm the easy rewards that can be applied to WoWS. I was lucky when I started WoWS. Someone had a gift card for both games that gave you a Texas for WoWS and a premium tier 4 tank for WoT and he traded that to me for  some premium time I gifted him. It has been very helpful for farming rewards. 

I played it once, the garage was extremely overwhelming coming from Ships and while I love tanks IRL the game itself didn't appeal to me. I might actually be tier 4...might as well load it and see.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
21 minutes ago, LubzinNJ said:

I played it once, the garage was extremely overwhelming coming from Ships and while I love tanks IRL the game itself didn't appeal to me. I might actually be tier 4...might as well load it and see.

I would Lubz just to farm the reward. IMHO it is worth it. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,291 posts
5,854 battles

Oh dear lord, I have the install and play one hellish battle....... hmmm then again I still have like 4k gold left, so might as well use it for more premium time.

Members
3,042 posts
1,917 battles
12 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ok just in case anyone does not know, if you play one battle in WoT you get a free day of premium time. I forgot to look at what tier tank you needed, I got mine in a tier 4. Remember that premium time earned in any of the "World of" titles applies to all the other games. You only have to play a match, a victory isn't needed so if you have an account there you might wanna go farm another 24 hours of premium time!

World of Tanks is now a disgusting cesspool of put-downs, rage-quits, P2W, toxic chat, gold ammo spam, OP premiums, huge and unrealistic grinds, harsh and unfair nerfs to perfectly balanced tanks, gratuitous buffs to all Russian tanks but the Lend-Lease premiums (which need them the most, by the way) arty nerfs, ever more annoying mechanics, ever more complicated mechanics, ever more reasons to grind to tier X, ever more reasons to be toxic in chat, and trolls who love harassing players who actually are trying to play the game to win and have fun doing it.

"phew, that was hard saying all that in one breath."

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
1 hour ago, legoboy0401 said:

World of Tanks is now a disgusting cesspool of put-downs, rage-quits, P2W, toxic chat, gold ammo spam, OP premiums, huge and unrealistic grinds, harsh and unfair nerfs to perfectly balanced tanks, gratuitous buffs to all Russian tanks but the Lend-Lease premiums (which need them the most, by the way) arty nerfs, ever more annoying mechanics, ever more complicated mechanics, ever more reasons to grind to tier X, ever more reasons to be toxic in chat, and trolls who love harassing players who actually are trying to play the game to win and have fun doing it.

"phew, that was hard saying all that in one breath."

LOL I agree actually and normally wouldn't play it at all. I always feel like Luke Skywalker going into Mos Eisley (wretched hive of scum and villainy) when I boot up WoT. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,291 posts
5,854 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL I agree actually and normally wouldn't play it at all. I always feel like Luke Skywalker going into Mos Eisley (wretched hive of scum and villainy) when I boot up WoT. 

I am still amazed how I managed to play nearly 10k games in WoT before thinking that I should quit.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
191 posts
9,520 battles

While some of the negative comments towards WoT are true, I think they are exaggerated. The game is not that bad. But yes, WoWS is by far the best of the trilogy - and I have played a lot of each game.

Sign in to follow this