You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Your First Look at USS Alaska - Stats, Armor, Modules, the works!

84 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,596 posts
5,483 battles

Your first look at the USS Alaska. Stats. Armor. Modules...

• Cool 9

[-BRS-]
Members
2,617 posts
16,009 battles

Thanks zoup I'm just curious if it's free XP  or Premium 

Members
358 posts
3,738 battles
11 minutes ago, silverdahc said:

Thanks zoup I'm just curious if it's free XP  or Premium 

FXP

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,596 posts
5,483 battles

Please ignore the part in the video where I said its a T8. It was early and I had no coffee.  It's a T9 and I made sure to say that in the decription and everywhere else.

One of those days o_O

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Angry 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,270 posts
10,751 battles

I have 750k+ FXP ready and waiting. Was gonna get the K-stat, but Alaska takes priority. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,087 posts
11,441 battles
54 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

I have 750k+ FXP ready and waiting. Was gonna get the K-stat, but Alaska takes priority. 

Same.

[NUWES]
Members
2,183 posts
6,889 battles
59 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Too late for me. I already got K-stat.  I knew Alaska would come after they announced K-stat, I just didn't think there was a chance that they would announce her so close after. *sigh*. I really wish I had a crystal ball to see what is coming. Gonna have to grind some more fxp. 

[TOG]
Members
3,452 posts
18,241 battles

It’s a CINO. Cruiser in name only. A T7/T8 BB with DM gun ballistics. Radar range that is 3km less than the minimum concealment value. Something like the Kronstadt’s radar would be better. 

I’ll wait for LHM’s review, but first impression is that doing the island waifu meta is not going to be easy.

[NUWES]
Members
2,183 posts
6,889 battles
10 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

I’ll wait for LHM’s review, but first impression is that doing the island waifu meta is not going to be easy.

I suspect so too. It looks like it would have standard USN CA playstyle meta, except on a less agile, less stealthy target that is less able to use its radar. The armor and more HP than a normal CA is nice, but it is really a red herring. That being said I absolutely plan on getting it unless @LittleWhiteMouse and the other CCs tell me that it sucks and is a waste of my FXP. I fully expect it to be about as effective as K-stat (which is not very) but balanced a bit differently. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
1 hour ago, HazardDrake said:

I am only at 433k and building slowly because I have not been wanting to deal with randoms and have been spending most of my time in co-op.

[NOBUL]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles

Hopefully Alaska will come out before they shove the WGC down our throats, so I can snap her up and at least have some fun with her. Otherwise, I've deliberately avoided the Krumbsnatcher specifically because she was an incomplete and, in the end, insignificant design, whereas the Alaska class had two built and put into service.

Besides, the AAA on the Alaska will be much more effective, I'm certain.

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,272 battles
25 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

Hopefully Alaska will come out before they shove the WGC down our throats, so I can snap her up and at least have some fun with her.

I would be significantly surprised if she does.  WGC seems imminent, Alaska was only just released to STs and CCs.  Not that anything's in any way consistent, but I would expect to see the new launcher very soon and Alaska in a few months.

I've been surprised before though, so who knows?

-R

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,786 posts
3,937 battles

It looks like it'll be a very balanced boat; nothing outstanding, selling exclusively off her fanbase. Then again, Kronstadt isn't much better or worse either, and is also relatively balanced.

I'll probably get her too, if the VMF BB line doesn't end up ninja arriving around the same time she does.

Members
1,454 posts
8,371 battles

part of me is interested in this ship, and part of me is not.  I already have 2 US premium cruisers that i got out of crates over the years.  I would guess alaska would be ready by the late sept patch.

I was interested in the Kron but the ship to me is A. too expensive(650-700k is what i think a cruiser should be) and B. it seems meh.  Watching people play the ship, and it seems worse than what it was right before its release with CCs.  It would be nice for my eventual grind of the RU CA line. 

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,437 posts
6,616 battles

I'm really liking the looks of the Alaska.  The ship itself is absolutely stunning, and and the guns themselves look really spicy.

Edited by yashma

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,916 battles
3 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

i must agree, plus Stalingrad will more or less be a better version of Kron so what would be the point of having Kron when you get the Stalingrad

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,860 posts
8,916 battles
35 minutes ago, embeddeddear97 said:

It’s Missouri’s child ?

well, she's nearly the same size as Mo

a1d7dcd312a32967366a428862ee375a--battle

really shows why they called the Alaska class "Large Cruisers"

Edited by tcbaker777

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,270 posts
10,751 battles
3 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

It’s a CINO. Cruiser in name only. A T7/T8 BB with DM gun ballistics. Radar range that is 3km less than the minimum concealment value. Something like the Kronstadt’s radar would be better. 

Many people, myself included, think that the 6 minute fighter will be more valuable. We will have to wait and see for sure.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
4 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Please ignore the part in the video where I said its a T8. It was early and I had no coffee.  It's a T9 and I made sure to say that in the decription and everywhere else.

One of those days o_O

Wut! You didn't fortify yourself with Fireman Fuel before doing something important?  :Smile_amazed:

Egad!

Edited by ReddNekk

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
8,423 posts
14,861 battles

I will go for it if it is a FXP ship. I just hope and pray it is not handicapped by terrible gun performance like Kronshtadt is. Would hate to waste 750K FXP twice. 

• Cool 1

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles

Gee, a real American Very Heavy Cruiser has lower health points than it's paper Roo-Shun counterpart. Who would've guessed?