You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Coolhand2323

Clan Battles - Match making

4 comments in this topic

[TCANS]
Members
85 posts
15,507 battles

One thing I have noticed about this season that seems to be different than last season is the way matchmaker seems to be constantly placing my clan against higher league clans.  Last season, I don't think we ever saw a clan not in our league unless we were in the final phase of trying to rank out (the phase where you need to earn three of five stars to advance).  This season, 2 out of 3 battles are with a clan not even in our league and some times two leagues above us.  For example, we played 9 games the other night.  Of those 9 battles (we are Gale League), 5 were against Storm League, 1 against Typhoon, and the remaining 3 were Gale league.  The skills levels vary but more often then not, we end the night pretty much right about where we started.  Maybe a little higher. 

I don't understand why this is happening so much more this season.  I dropped several tickets about it and the answer I got back was pretty much "we never said this couldn't happen."  That's all great but the effect seems to be just keeping the lower leagued clans low while the higher league clans basically feed off of them and continue to advance.  I don't think this should even be a possibility.  Same league should play same league.  The only exceptions should be when you are competing to league out in which case you may play a higher league clan that is fighting to stay in the to league you are competing for.  I'm not talking about the Tier 1, 2, 3 with in a league, but Gale VS Storm or VS Typhoon. 

It has become intolerable and its consistent.  If we are going to continue to fight clans a league above us, then just put us in that league because this is just plain stupid and very frustrating.  And for those that give the canned "git gud" response, you can only grind a drill bit so much into concrete before the edge is lost and it just doesn't go anywhere...nor does it really want to anymore...

1007732023.png

shot-18.07.19_18.27.27-0908.jpg

shot-18.07.15_18.03.26-0306.jpg

shot-18.07.15_19.58.41-0284.jpg

Edited by Coolhand2323

[5D]
Members
2,710 posts
16,222 battles
5 minutes ago, Coolhand2323 said:

One thing I have noticed about this season that seems to be different than last season is the way matchmaker seems to be constantly placing my clan against higher league clans.  Last season, I don't think we ever saw a clan not in our league unless we were in the final phase of trying to rank out (the phase where you need to earn three of five stars to advance).  This season, 2 out of 3 battles are with a clan not even in our league and some times two leagues above us.  For example, we played 9 games the other night.  Of those 9 battles (we are Gale League), 5 were against Storm League, 1 against Typhoon, and the remaining 3 were Gale league.  The skills levels vary but more often then not, we end the night pretty much right about where we started.  Maybe a little higher. 

I don't understand why this is happening so much more this season.  I dropped several tickets about it and the answer I got back was pretty much "we never said this couldn't happen."  That's all great but the effect seems to be just keeping the lower leagued clans low while the higher league clans basically feed off of them and continue to advance.  I don't think this should even be a possibility.  Same league should play same league.  The only exceptions should be when you are competing to league out in which case you may play a higher league clan that is fighting to stay in the to league you are competing for.  I'm not talking about the Tier 1, 2, 3 with in a league, but Gale VS Storm or VS Typhoon. 

It has become intolerable and its consistent.  If we are going to continue to fight clans a league above us, then just put us in that league because this is just plain stupid and very frustrating.  And for those that give the canned "git gud" response, you can only grind a drill bit so much into concrete before the edge is lost and it just doesn't go anywhere...nor does it really want to anymore...

That was not the common experience for most clans last season. The MM hasn't changed at all over the last 2 seasons. You face whoever is in the queue and if a clan is sitting awhile it could be a mismatch of leagues.

The one thing you are overlooking is that when a mismatch occurs you lose very few points and they gain very few points. So you haven't really suffered a devastating blow to your points only your egos.

The reason you may be experiencing it more this season is that fewer clans appear to be playing in the current season. Maybe the summer has something to do with it or the grind is too much for some clans. We've had numerous queue times of over 1 minute this season and that rarely happened last time.

Just keep grinding away.

• Cool 1

[NGAGE]
Members
1,390 posts
7,917 battles

The alpha/bravo bit is very punishing on teams that are on the border between storm and typhoon. It has kept a large number of former high typhoon/hurricane teams in the storm/low typhoon brackets. This keeps exceptional teams in the legitimate MM range of rising Gale teams. That many really good teams kept low means they in turn punish brackets below them far more than previous seasons. Teams burn out from it... and stop playing. Then you simply end up with a ton of really good teams fighting for scraps. Any normal clan, that previously could push up the ranks eventually just gets slammed when they hit the MM range of the Storm/Typhoon bottleneck.

MM needs to be reset to previous settings and something needs to be done about alpha/bravo stuff. Otherwise you're just punishing the normal clans. Sure, under previous (less strict) MM rules and pre-alpha/bravo lower clans could face off against typhoon and hurricane, but they only lost 7 points. Not so anymore. 

I'm sure it's equally punishing for the pittance of Hurricane teams too... as they likely only really see each other... and even then likely only after a super long que.

• Cool 1