You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Shipmaster_Crook

WRONG TEXTURES - Mix Ups and Missing textures.

5 comments in this topic

[CROOK]
Beta Testers
448 posts
4,090 battles

I have noticed textures for miscillanious small items on ships which are incorrectly pathed or just outright missing. Its very easy to miss these as their vanilla colour schemes are similar, but with my modpack that creates distinct colour schemes for ships of different nations, I have noticed errors that have slipped through the cracks in developement.

Musashi - There is a Rangefinder on the center of the main pagoda front that is just out right missing its texture entirely. It's colour is some sort of default dark gray, but it has no texture on it whatsoever. The same rangefinder on the Yamato is textured just fine, its texture being called "JF029_Rangefinder_1_5m_Yamato_a", Additionally, the "HSF Musashi's" director is just fine, its only the "vanilla" musashi that has this error. Fix this oversight ASAP. (I have confirmed with friends, they have the same error in their client)

Alsace - Radar on the stern of the Alsace has the wrong texture. There is a french and british version of this Radar array, the french one should be using the one in the "France" content folder "FRS028_RDF_Type_281_stern_a.dds", but it instead has the "BRS038_Radar_Type_79_a.dds" texture from the "UK" content folder, which is used on British cruisers T5-T10. The texture is near identical, but its clear it was intended for them to use separate textures,  and I would really love to get it swapped correctly Immediately/ASAP.

Roma - Roma has a "misc" item with a similar swap up mistake as the above Alsace. There is a boat near the Forward most turret on the Roma that has the wrong texture. It should have the "IM520_Plate_3m_a.dds" texture from the Italy content folder, but it is instead using the texture "FM522_Plate_3m_a.dds" from the France content folder. I am certain these 2 boats share the same model, and use different textures to define nationality, but by mistake the wrong textures was put on. With my modpack this sticks out like a sore thumb sadly. The same boats are used on the Duca Degli Abruzzi, and they do not have this error, proving this is un-intentional.

Please fix these ASAP.

[CROOK]
Beta Testers
448 posts
4,090 battles

Also, slightly relevent, I reported this monthes ago, but their is a texture unloading bug. The textures for Torpedo tubes will not unload when going from ship to ship in port.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,481 posts
15,368 battles

An easier fix is to quit using the mod and the ships will all look exactly as they are supposed to. WG is not likely to comply with your command to fix anything that is not their problem!

• Angry 1

[CROOK]
Beta Testers
448 posts
4,090 battles
11 hours ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

An easier fix is to quit using the mod and the ships will all look exactly as they are supposed to. WG is not likely to comply with your command to fix anything that is not their problem!

Its MY modpack that I create. And I am trying to correct what are clearly mistakes. There are plenty of texture changes I would want/request, but thats not what I am asking for, I am asking for corrections which are undeniably errors on Wargaming's part. Errors which are easy to miss, and easy to fix. 

I am not talking about a bug that is somehow caused by my modpack. I verified that my modpack is not at issue. It is Wargaming's error, so yes, this makes it their problem.
Go ahead and look at the Musashi, inspect the 13.2mm gun mount on the pagoda, and you will get a close up of the director which has no texture on it at all. In the very least that is a rather major hiccup that WG has blundered. I am pointing it out so they can fix it.

• Angry 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,481 posts
15,368 battles

@Shipmaster_Crook Just send thin to customer service in a support ticket since just posting this in the forum will not quell your OCD flare up!