You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kilikaa

Operations are not fun, WG. Make them fun again!

10 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
27 posts
1,715 battles

I have been playing Narai and am not having any fun. This op is near impossible to complete. Now I know a lot of you forum guys are going to tell me different and post screenies of YOUR five star wins but for the average random PUG player this op is impossible. The higher level players can complete this but I bet the majority of players who try will fail over and over and over. I have played it nearly a dozen times and have nothing to show for it.My team gets suck ever single time.

The problem with Narai is the same with Ultimately F'd Up, Naval Station Newport and RR. Too many enemy ships arrive at once, the AI is way too accurate with their guns and torps, they fire guns and torps way too fast and constantly set fires every other salvo. The damn bots out perform their player counterparts! Higher level players with voice chat can overcome this, the random PUG cannot because they do not communicate well if at all.

Wargamming MUST fix this. The best way to do so is to finally activate the difficulty selection. Give us a normal and hard mode to chose from and nerf the current version of the above ops a little for the random guys and give the high level guys a harder challenge. Adjust rewards as needed.How freaking hard is it to do this and make the game fun for all? Do you guys abd girls at WG hate the average player that much?

If you can make Aegis, Cherry Blossom and Killer Whale fun for the average player then why are the rest so freaking hard for us? I do NOt want to have to avoid most of the operations, therefore not play for weeks at a time. I may as well uninstall WOWS like I did WOTR because that game is no longer fun.

Members
65 posts
6,885 battles

I think perhaps WG should study historical naval battles more and try to model operations after them in terms of the ships involved, weather, and geography... Cause the way it's set up right now is kind of ad hoc and fictional if not speculative. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,050 posts

Those of us who have been around know what triggers the enemy attacks.  Sailing your ship into a certain area might spawn an additional attack the team is not ready for.

STAY TOGETHER.  STAY ON THE MISSION.

Some idiot goes off in some yolo charge and everything becomes a mess.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
27 posts
1,715 battles
12 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

Those of us who have been around know what triggers the enemy attacks.  Sailing your ship into a certain area might spawn an additional attack the team is not ready for.

I know this too well. It seems either people don't realize this or,in some cases, some moron doesn't care and wants to farm as much damage as they can. This is part of the problem I keep bringing up...the random pug doesn't communicate and usually has people who don't care about the team.  I am not a great player but I am smart enough to know not to go off alone. Wg should take this into account when making these ops.

I guess I should look for a clan that focuses on ops. I am a casual player and only do random battles and operations. I pug every op, sometimes teaming with a friend of mine. Any casual clan looking for new members?

Members
5,449 posts
6,162 battles

I find Narai to be one of the easier 'tweaked' ops. My success rate with randumbs in Narai is much higher than Ultimate Frontier.

Narai and the new Raptor Rescue I think strike a good balance. In the new Raptor Rescue, I found success at about the same rate as Narai. Most teams could complete the main mission, 4-5 stars wasn't easy, and 3 stars was doable most of the time, but you can expect a 0-2 star win usually. I find the new R.R. to be dependent on the path given to Raptor(northern and center routes were pretty straightforward and simple, southern route caused a lot of problems and more losses than the other two).

Compared to Ultimate F.U. which was, and still is, a disaster, where the randumbs completion rate(Zero star wins) was under 20%.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,746 posts
10,984 battles

While I do think that the operations could use some tweaks the fact that they are not brain dead face rolls now is good.

[TDRB]
Members
2,654 posts
7,637 battles

I have been playing Narai and am not having any fun. This op is near impossible to complete. Now I know a lot of you forum guys are going to tell me different and post screenies of YOUR five star wins but for the average random PUG player this op is impossible.

There is a learning curve but random teams can win Narai. I've done well on my Helena. The 5 battles tonight I played more than doubled the total number of times I had played Narai.  2 were victories, one 4 star the other a 3 star. Both times I was driving my Helena. Both times it was a random team.

Edited by kgh52

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,483 posts
15,370 battles

@Kilikaa WG did fix it since it appears the previous version was a real mess. Here is a fix you can make! Get six friend and form a division. Make a plan together. Go to battle. If it works Great If Not discuss what went wrong and either try again without making that error or make another plan and try that. Don't expect any random 7 players to randomly get it right. Don't blame WG either for your lack of foresight!

Oh Yea Remember This Is A Game!

Down vote all you want! It just shows you Cant Handle the Truth!

[-BMV-]
Members
334 posts
15,496 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

ct6ozc1.jpg.67b30ba1f2e3080bbf4efaf56ad164d8.jpg

Today i played Narai. I got 4 stars once, then its 3,2,0, and yet, for some reason, i'm actually enjoying the mission. My Nelson can actually have some fun killing things with her AP rounds. I have encountered horrible teams, and yet i'm having fun. weird huh?

• Funny 1

[SYN]
Members
3,423 posts
16,556 battles

Beating up on bots is still fun, just don't expose yourself unnecessarily

Narai today in a fiji:

OArqZBI.jpg