You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Blackgunner

In Before The Lock

17 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles

So I come here today to present a semi-important question.

Is posting in a thread with 'In Before The Lock' valid?  It seemingly contributes nothing to the discussion, it provides no constructive value and generally just seems to be solely for a post count. 

I put forth that this is inherently against forum rules, as posts should generally be constructive or otherwise add something of value to a thread; which this does neither.

Thoughts?

• Funny 1

[O_O]
Members
5,087 posts
11,441 battles

In before the lock.

Spoiler

Pffft.  If I didn't do it, someone else would have.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,238 battles

It's a way to tell the OP that their thread goes against forum rules without engaging in an actual discussion about the content posted cause you know there's this thing called salt when you disagree with people...lol

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts

Sounds to me like you've just made a lot of threads that were destined for the chopping block and you don't like people calling you out on this

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,418 battles

What I think is funny is when people post that gif from Star Trek TNG of Geordi LaForge rolling under the door to Main Engineering with the caption, "In before the lock." Why do I find that funny? Duh... He's not rolling under the door to get INTO Main Engineering. He's getting the fck out before the lock.

• Funny 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,299 posts
14,440 battles
1 hour ago, Blackgunner said:

Is posting in a thread with 'In Before The Lock' valid?  It seemingly contributes nothing to the discussion, it provides no constructive value and generally just seems to be solely for a post count. 

I put forth that this is inherently against forum rules, as posts should generally be constructive or otherwise add something of value to a thread; which this does neither.

Thoughts?

I once posted "In before lock" on world of tanks forum and got a 3 day forum ban...

I have sense learned that it is indeed against forum ruls.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I once posted "In before lock" on world of tanks forum and got a 3 day forum ban...

I have sense learned that it is indeed against forum ruls.

Some times that is all that really needs to be said about a thread whether it is likely to be locked or not but actually saying something is a good idea even so. On this forum it has become a joke about questionable posts though and seems to slide.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
199 posts
458 battles
17 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Some times that is all that really needs to be said about a thread whether it is likely to be locked or not but actually saying something is a good idea even so. On this forum it has become a joke about questionable posts though and seems to slide.

It seems like regardless of the reason someone uses to justify it; it is against the rules.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
2 minutes ago, Blackgunner said:

It seems like regardless of the reason someone uses to justify it; it is against the rules.

Just an IBTL or a gif are definitely against the rules.

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
17 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Ib4l? 

Will you grant us permission to use that?

It's gonna take forever if we have to clear use of IB4L with this guy every time... can we just fill out a form? Get a license?

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,171 posts
4,934 battles
3 hours ago, Captain_Dorja said:

What I think is funny is when people post that gif from Star Trek TNG of Geordi LaForge rolling under the door to Main Engineering with the caption, "In before the lock." Why do I find that funny? Duh... He's not rolling under the door to get INTO Main Engineering. He's getting the fck out before the lock.

Ah, an overthinking Trek fan after my own heart. I approve of this.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,936 posts
4,184 battles

Is this against the rules?   :cap_popcorn:

Is this?

5b63fa9f78fa2_popcornbunny.gif.8ae203108627f93a7725ad2edbb7abbb.gif

Is humor considered non-constructive?

203-popcorn.jpg

Likewise IB4L memes...

Edited by iDuckman

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,326 posts
1 hour ago, Landsraad said:

Ah, an overthinking Trek fan after my own heart. I approve of this.

What baffles me is why there was only ONE counseller on a ship of thousands of crew... that on a weekly basis is phasing into other realities, traveling in time, being shrunk and injected into a live tuna, people being turned into cakes... Troi must work double shifts.....

1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Likewise IB4L memes...

Humour is ALWAYS against the rules when it clashes with angry people

5852337-in_before_the_lock_by_rikiki000-

[PAT]
Members
1,643 posts
3,702 battles
12 hours ago, Blackgunner said:

Thoughts?

Nope, it's relevant because it discusses world of warships, and is incredibly constructive. I even laughed once.

lock.gif

[WOLFG]
Members
4,763 posts
2,672 battles

Mostly it is just a quicker way of saying "Are you high?  If you had read the agreement for the forum, you'd know that isn't allowed.  You need to edit that or this thread will get locked"

Especially in the threads that have "[edited] WG" in the thread title.  Because they are getting locked anyways.

[5D]
Members
2,714 posts
16,238 battles
16 hours ago, Blackgunner said:

If 1-2 responses immediately after the thread begins post that it's okay however, it really becomes an issue when you have people posting that at post 10, 14, 20 in a thread. At that point they are really adding nothing to the thread.