Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Katyusha_454

Where'd the Cesare go?!?

19 comments in this topic

[SNAP]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
145 posts
4,469 battles

Has she been removed from sale?  I don't remember ever seeing an announcement, and I know she was in the shop recently because I remember seeing her in there when I was buying something else during the summer sale.

WHERE IS SHE.png

• Cool 1

[SNAP]
145 posts
4,469 battles
8 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Good, they should remove it from sale

I agree that they should, but they should give a heads-up first.  They gave us plenty of warning when they removed the Belfast and that was way more OP than the Cesare.

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
208 posts
5,340 battles

Picked it up a couple weeks ago since I thought it might make for a nice Italian BB commander trainer when/if the Italian BB line ever comes out and was worried it might be permanently removed from the store due to the numerous complaints that it's OP.

It remains to be seen whether it's gone for good or not, but so far it seems I made the right choice.

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,642 battles
15 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

Good, they should remove it from sale

• Captain Ghostdog, Ensign Pippi, Skip and Chief Butkuss have gone to sea in the Cesare. She ranks in our opinion. Dances like a ballerina and hits like Rocky. Great ship. The only BB besides the Scharnhorst I'll chase DDs in.
  •  
  • th?id=OIP.RtGeszUb-yjGTAhAJ1YJnwHaHu&pidth?id=OIP.Bm6xA5rWQeqEhLaLK-EuUgHaFj&pidth?id=OIP.0iOc8kRu5LbK9BUOYGozCgHaE8&pidth?id=OIP.fc6_R1R8DWN9MQm4kDI2SgHaFQ&pid

[WOLF7]
Members
11,590 posts

That's pretty amusing, though kind of like burning down the barn after the horse died.....:Smile_glasses:

It's the top played BB at tier 5 by far.

Edited by awiggin

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,058 posts
5,820 battles

a tier6.5 ship at tier5,what do you think?

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,642 battles
Just now, awiggin said:

That's pretty amusing, though kind of like burning down the barn after the horse died.....:Smile_glasses:

I'ts the top played BB at tier 5 by far.

The Best by far. My opinion of course. Love that ship.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,058 posts
5,820 battles
20 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

The Best by far. My opinion of course. Love that ship.

it IS the best,the warship numbers show her leading at every parameters except planes destroyed,the surprising thing is that she gets the SECOND PLACE,oct rev,a ship with much better AA compared to giulio is at the third place.

she is holding fine at tier7 ranking,stompin all the ships,even lyon at the avg.frag ranking.

Edited by Cruxdei

[HELLS]
Members
2,101 posts
20,040 battles

I have Guilio Cesare. She is not OP, but she is very good indeed when top tier. Her advantages are her speed and decent ballistics on the main armament at medium to long range. When uptiered, she is undergunned, and not fast enough to avoid Scharnhorst or Gneisenau, not strong enough to take on Warspite in a brawl despite her speed, and cannot handle the USN's standard BBs at all except bows on or stern first. And forget the Russian Beast if she gets in range. Need to be played like a heavy cruiser, and needs to use the cover on any map to be effective. Love her just the same!

• Funny 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,863 posts
8,916 battles

i have the GC, and from what ive heard, its one of the few ships that takes getting uptiered by 2 tiers pretty well

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
1,705 posts
17,319 battles

I'm sure it is probably just a normal cycle.  She's already come and gone a couple times with no acknowledgement by WG of being OP.

• Angry 1

[SNAP]
145 posts
4,469 battles
55 minutes ago, Warped_1 said:

I'm sure it is probably just a normal cycle.  She's already come and gone a couple times with no acknowledgement by WG of being OP.

Except WG themselves said:

31 ships are available in the Premium Shop, and we are not planning to remove them from the shelves.

Going back on that with no warning whatsoever is very concerning to me, regardless of the specific reason the ship was removed.  I myself think the ship probably shouldn't be sold, but that does not in any way make it acceptable for WG to go back on their word and pull a product from sale with not only no warning, but without even an after-the-fact notice that the ship was pulled.  They've never done something like this before in any of their games.  The closest thing is the Imperator Nikolai not being sold again, but that was a limited-time release that was very clearly advertised as limited-time.  With every other ship that's been pulled, we were given a clear, unambiguous advance notice at least a day in advance, and usually much more than that.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,058 posts
5,820 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

OgFdD6f.jpg

but we did expand,the entire world have a fragment of rome nowadays,they can't escape western history.

Sign in to follow this