You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gear_Jamer

desroyers

18 comments in this topic

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
122 posts
4,382 battles

I need to learn how to drive these destroyers anyone have a good way to learn how to drive them  but maybe i am type that probably should not get one oop to late i did and i can't get the hang of it torps the hole thing i suck with dd

Beta Testers
1,266 posts
15,395 battles
3 minutes ago, Gear_Jamer said:

I need to learn how to drive these destroyers anyone have a good way to learn how to drive them  but maybe i am type that probably should not get one oop to late i did and i can't get the hang of it torps the hole thing i suck with dd

Google search will bring up a plethora of vids for you to watch.....How to DD

• Cool 1

[-DZ-]
Members
578 posts
26,897 battles
11 minutes ago, Gear_Jamer said:

has any got the loyang  and how good is that dd

the lo yang has 5.5km hydro and smoke, and also has great rof..... i dont have the lo yang, but i have the z 52, and it works well

[O_O]
Members
5,099 posts
11,441 battles
1 hour ago, Gear_Jamer said:

"I need to learn how to use a period anyone have a good way to learn how to use them but maybe i am the type that probably should not get one oop to late i did and i can't get the hang of it punctuation the whole sentence thing i suck with periods"

Period.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Funny 1
  • Angry 1

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
122 posts
4,382 battles

This is why i don't like getting on here because of people like you desmo_2 in stead of showing my bad typing why not give some help or maybe you worth a crap either........... there your period 

[O_O]
Members
5,099 posts
11,441 battles

Well, you didn't give anyone much to work with, for starters.  First, your post causes headaches to all who attempt to read it.  But, let's look beyond that and try to address your...request.

According to your forum profile, you have already played 2,718 games.  And, you apparently have obtained a destroyer.  Which destroyer(s)?  There are significantly different play styles between a Japanese destroyer, a Russian destroyer, and a US destroyer.  Some have excellent concealment...some do not.  Some have good guns...some do not.  Some have good torpedoes...some do not.  Obviously how to play a 'destroyer' will vary greatly depending on which line you are playing.

"Help me...help you!"

• Cool 2

Members
366 posts
5,492 battles

I would recommend starting with one of the tech trees and working your way to tier IV and playing around 300-500 games there to get the feel for destroyers. USN DDs are a good starting place and the Clemson is one of the strongest tier IV DDs. the Tier IV pan-asian DD is also quite good. I don't recommend jumping to LoYang as Tier VIII is not the place to learn to drive DDs.

Best of luck.

• Cool 1

[JHSAV]
[JHSAV]
Members
122 posts
4,382 battles
21 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Well, you didn't give anyone much to work with, for starters.  First, your post causes headaches to all who attempt to read it.  But, let's look beyond that and try to address your...request.

According to your forum profile, you have already played 2,718 games.  And, you apparently have obtained a destroyer.  Which destroyer(s)?  There are significantly different play styles between a Japanese destroyer, a Russian destroyer, and a US destroyer.  Some have excellent concealment...some do not.  Some have good guns...some do not.  Some have good torpedoes...some do not.  Obviously how to play a 'destroyer' will vary greatly depending on which line you are playing.

"Help me...help you!"

understand that but you could have started with this instead of what you did with the period crap, okay now i know i should not had bought it but to late now i did it for a reason, might be dumb but it is what it is.

i bought the loyang she is on ship i should not had bought cause i can't play her right lesson learned the hard way, but yes any dd is tuff for me to play.

So please next time you see another post don't criticize there miss fortune of bad spelling or typing or not putting in a period ask first is that so hard.

[O_O]
Members
5,099 posts
11,441 battles

If you are having trouble with Loyang, start playing USN destroyers.  As you work your way up the tech tree you will learn how to play them, and you will get better with your Loyang.

Members
1,899 posts
9,842 battles

Hey

DD's are like any other ship; they take practice, learning curves, traits of the different lines.  I have been playing DD's for a little while now and I still have issues, make mistakes, learning how to knife fight and how to make torps hit with the sometimes stupid torp guide, I still consider myself a Noon at DD's and an average player overall.  I have great games and sometimes not so great ones.  Have fun and don't get caught up in the whole stats issue.  Watch video's and keep learning but most of all, try and have fun.

Pete

[WOLFC]
Members
1,045 posts
6,164 battles
17 hours ago, Gear_Jamer said:

has any got the loyang  and how good is that dd

Bought that a week ago.

It will teach you how to do a lot if you play on co-op.   I play once a day on random & hope to get the win bonuses.   Rest of it is all co-op. 

Read LWM premium review - it will help.  Concentrate on the section about torp range & concealment.  And get the suggested upgrades, especially the concealment modification.  Then enjoy skirting the distance between visability & your torps/guns.

Note what the Mouse says - once you get good at DD, Loyang  is a monster of a ship to drive.  We all just have to get there. 

Happy hunting.

Edited by Anonymous50

Members
713 posts
7,992 battles
18 hours ago, Gear_Jamer said:

Prepare yourself, DD's have a steep learning curve and screw ups are punished severally. 

As a DD, your expected to be the tip of the spear.

Don't ever expect much in the way of help from your team, that sends you to the bottom in the first five minutes of play.

You've got to be real aggressive, but smart about the risks you take.

Survive until the last half of the game, that's your time to shine.

Good Luck.

• Cool 1

Members
366 posts
5,492 battles
30 minutes ago, Capt_Mexib said:

Survive until the last half of the game, that's your time to shine.

This is very good advice, and true.

Beta Testers
36 posts
381 battles
On 8/2/2018 at 8:33 PM, Gear_Jamer said:

It's trying to talk to us!

On 8/2/2018 at 10:22 PM, Gear_Jamer said:

This is why i don't like getting on here because of people like you desmo_2 in stead of showing my bad typing why not give some help or maybe you worth a crap either........... there your period 

If you came here for help, Step #1 would be to have enough respect for people to communicate clearly. Unless maybe English is not your first language? In that case, I recommend trying a forum in the language of your choice.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,045 posts
6,164 battles
On 8/6/2018 at 11:09 AM, False_Fable said:

If you came here for help, Step #1 would be to have enough respect for people to communicate clearly. Unless maybe English is not your first language? In that case, I recommend trying a forum in the language of your choice.

You might have noticed above that a few of us actually understood him & responded to him.

Here's a simple rule so you won't spend all your time on the internet getting aggravated:

If you don't understand something being said  - don't respond.  Nobody cares if you personally can't figure out what somebody is saying.

Members
26 posts
6,325 battles

As a general rule of thumb, if you struggle playing a ship class, buying a premium in that class is not the answer.  I suggest taking the advice of some of the respondents by watching some YT vids and playing some (hundreds) of low to mid tier battles to practice the techniques you learn in the vids.  Stay alive as long as a you can by practicing good map awareness and understanding ship movements.  

Beta Testers
36 posts
381 battles
On 8/7/2018 at 7:38 PM, Anonymous50 said:

You might have noticed above that a few of us actually understood him & responded to him.

Here's a simple rule so you won't spend all your time on the internet getting aggravated:

If you don't understand something being said  - don't respond.  Nobody cares if you personally can't figure out what somebody is saying.

I'm not aggravated. I'm offering help too, just of a different kind. We're all AWESOME.

But congrats on understanding, I guess?