Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ericson38

Main Battery Hit Ratio

3 comments in this topic

[KRAK]
Members
1,026 posts
11,898 battles

Is this metric per main rifle, or per main battery all rifles-turrets salvo ? I have same percentage between KGV and Gneisenau, so thinking 10 rifles versus 6 per salvo, hitting way more with KGV. About proportional to my better damage metric overall with KGV. Why would Germans not mount more rifles ? Were the fewer guns supposed to be better ? Reload is better on KGV by 1 sec, although range is less by 1.4 km. I run with main battery accuracy improvement module on both ships.

Edited by Ericson38

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

The hit ratio is shots fired vs hits.  Those numbers can be found in the detailed report screen after every battle in the left hand column (need to sum the HE and AP if you shoot both in a match).  If you fire more shots you need to hit more to get the same ratio.  As to why KGV vs Gneisenau no idea on historical reason, but Germans are renowned (in game) for being less accurate so its not surprising that you are getting more hits with more guns on the KGV.  The better damage is probably because the British HE is much better at starting fires and doing damage.  KGV also has smaller caliber guns than Gneisenau which is likely the reason it has the quicker reload.  Not sure exactly what you are after but hope that helps some.

[KRAK]
Members
1,026 posts
11,898 battles

Somehow, and I like my KGV, I feel that the German guns should have less dispersion. Two riffles in a turret are going to hold their aim better than four, if the turrets are the same general size and barbet diameter. That is just shock, twist, bending and torsion forces distorting the local gun plane out of alignment. The KGV does has 2000 more hit points (related to tonnage), and the KGV is beamier, and slower, so there is a stability factor there that favors the KGV from the stable platform perspective. It is interesting to see how WoW looked at all these ships and organized them into tiers for game play, with some sense of reality.

Sign in to follow this