You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Nocroman

Not Really a Free Game

69 comments in this topic

[HESEA]
Members
16 posts
2,132 battles

I see that this game is advertised as free to play. This is NOT a true fact. This game should be advertised without the lie of free to play and be truthful that it is only free to play until level 15, That you have to pay through the nose for doubloons & purchase a subscription to the game as well as pay for the better ships. The prices are outrageous, which would cost a player 10 times more than any other game out there that they pay for a year long subscription for. It is true that the game is fun to play, BUT, I am not willing to pay through the nose to play any game, fun or not! This game is fun but a rip off and flirting with our laws against FRAUD. You Cannot say it's free to play if you charge for anything in the game. Many gaming companies have tried this in the past and have been fined millions or are still sitting in prison, or both. So do be aware people. You are being ripped off.

This does not break the EULA I agreed to and falls under the first amendment of freedom of speech In the Constitution of the United States of America.

Signed:  Your local Disabled Veteran

Still protecting your right!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 8
  • Angry 1

[-BRS-]
Members
2,626 posts
16,059 battles

No it can be done

I played for free for a long time

yes I needed to collect credits down at lower tiers to pay for the 8,9,10 games losses, but I can be done.

But if you like this game long enough you'll get sucked in  I suggest buying sanna crates 200 bucks this last Christmas gave me 12 premiums ships and a year and a 1/2 of premium time

Edited by silverdahc

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

Is this troll bait?  This feels like troll bait.

• Cool 6

[-BRS-]
Members
2,626 posts
16,059 battles
3 minutes ago, Hatework said:

Is this troll bait?  This feels like troll bait.

I'm sure it'll get locked anyways

[YORHA]
Members
4,149 posts
7,159 battles
13 minutes ago, Nocroman said:

I see that this game is advertised as free to play. This is NOT a true fact. This game should be advertised without the lie of free to play and be truthful that it is only free to play until level 15, That you have to pay through the nose for doubloons & purchase a subscription to the game as well as pay for the better ships. The prices are outrageous, which would cost a player 10 times more than any other game out there that they pay for a year long subscription for. It is true that the game is fun to play, BUT, I am not willing to pay through the nose to play any game, fun or not! This game is fun but a rip off and flirting with our laws against FRAUD. You Cannot say it's free to play if you charge for anything in the game. Many gaming companies have tried this in the past and have been fined millions or are still sitting in prison, or both. So do be aware people. You are being ripped off.

This does not break the EULA I agreed to and falls under the first amendment of freedom of speech In the Constitution of the United States of America.

OK.. a few things.

1)  Using a larger font does not make your point in a more dramatic form.  It just makes the font larger.

2) There is no "subscription" cost to this game at any level or tier.  You can upgrade your account to Premium, but it is not required to play and enjoy the game.

3)  Some Premium ships are better than Tech Tree ships, some aren't.  You don't need to buy Premium Ships to play the game.  Or even to do well.  There are just as many "OP" Tech Tree ships as Premium ones (I'm looking at you Conqueror).

4) If you think the Constitution of the United States has any relevance here then I suggest you go back and read it.  It doesn't.  

5) I can take care of my own "right", thanks very much.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 6

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
12 minutes ago, Nocroman said:

WG has some questionable and sometimes downright stupid business decisions/practices but I see no merit in your post.

1. No one makes you pay for a subscription or buy dubloons to continue playing, true they give benefits you cannot obtain from playing the game in a reasonable way.
  2. You can (or rather, could, it might not still be true) get subscription discounts sometimes directly sometimes indirectly via dubloon sales, it's certainly not true that the subscription costs 10x more than any other game, Warcraft charges $15/mo and has for a decade, I have a year subscription (238 days remaining actually) which cost me like $80 which is demonstrably less and certainly much less than 10x.
  3. I would very much like to see examples of your 3rd claim that gaming companies have been fined millions and/or have any employees (I'm assuming that's what you mean since corporations are incorporeal) sitting in prison for charging for items in an F2P game.
  4. This is a private forum and the 1st amendment does not apply as such.

This is most likely a troll post but, whatever, I'm bored.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

Members
972 posts
18,514 battles

How is it that I have Tier 9 boats and haven't payed a dime in a year and a half? I haven't payed anything at all ever on my EU, RU, and ASIA accounts.

You're so badly mistaken it's pitiful.

• Cool 1

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

You have choices, Grind the free side or buy the skip grind.

Nobody is forcing you to do either.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
Just now, CLUCH_CARGO said:

You have choices, Grind the free side or buy the skip grind.

Nobody is forcing you to do either.

There is someone forcing him, it's HIM!!! HIM is forcing HIM to do it!

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,500 posts
15,426 battles

@Nocroman Gneisenau013 may be able to help you gain a bit of satisfaction! No matter what you believe or have to say here The Game Is Free To Play period! As with many other games Premium content is included that one can purchase with real money but none of it is required. Has anyone from WGA came to your gaming room and demanded that you give them money to play this game? NO They Have not nor have they to any other player.

If you do not want to spend any money here feel to keep your wallet locked away. But please stifle your complaining about something that is nothing to complain about!

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
9,226 battles

I have all free ships, don't buy any dobloons or anything that's sold. I used to have premium ships and wasted lots of money on stuff. Guess what?....games the same pay or no pay. Paying for stuff doesn't make you a better player or even make the game easier or more fun...it just gets you more stuff that you don't really need.

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles

Been around since just after closed beta in '15.  Did not spend a single dime for 2 years, zero.  Made money most games, even in T10 with a free account and no premium time and that was way before T10 perma camo and a much harsher ship operating cost system..

I spend some money now on premium time and doubloons for a little extra credits and I like tinkering with captain builds.  Have bought all of 2 premiums.

Money is absolutely not required for this game and good players will take a crap boat and beat the snot out of a bad player in an "OP" premium any day.

You are very new still.  We all had our growing pains, part of learning the game.

Hang around ask, learn, and get better or create whine threads and quit soon thereafter, your choice.

Edited by Aeries1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,480 posts
12,810 battles

- Doubloons are not necessary to play

- Premium ships are not necessary to play, and are not necessarily better than tree ships.

- Premium time is not necessary to play.

Pretty much everything you said is outright false.

• Cool 1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
Just now, jason199506 said:

what do you pay for though?

I pay with time... and my bank