You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aeries1

What Tiers Would You Like For Ranked

1st Set of Ranks  

108 members have voted

1. 1. 1st Set of Ranks

• T1
    • T2
    • T3
    • T4
    • T5
    • T6
    • T7
    • T8
    • T9
    • T10
  2. 2. 2nd Set of Ranks

• T1
    • T2
    • T3
    • T4
    • T5
    • T6
    • T7
    • T8
    • T9
    • T10

44 comments in this topic

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles

I think a decent portion of players are getting a little burnt out on T10 games, especially our comrades who play a lot of clan battles.

What ranks do you think would be fun instead of the same high tier ships we have been doing for a while?

For my vote I went with T2 then T4.

Haven't played any 2s in forever, but some low tier Big Race action would be fun.  T2 you also have both AP and HE unlike T1.

For the final set I went with T4.  Some really fun boats in T4 and would would be a blast to take some out in a semi-competitive nature.

Low tier.  No frills, no gimmicks, minimal consumables, few dominate premiums, just a more bare bones competitive nature. 

That's me, how about you.  Vote and discuss.

P.S. WG, just think of all the doubloons you would sell with players transferring all their 19 point captains to low tier boats.  :Smile_coin:

Edited by Aeries1
  • Cool 3

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
12 minutes ago, Aeries1 said:

P.S. WG, just think of all the doubloons you would sell with players transferring all their 19 point captains to low tier boats.  :Smile_coin:

Once you start piling up the 19-point captains, you quickly pile up enough elite commander XP that you can instant retrain any captain you want. :cap_book:

I tend to agree--I'd like to see low tier ranked battles.  First, because the ships tend to be more balanced & therefore offer more variety, second because the smaller maps would make for more active battles, and finally because the general lack of consumables, combined with the less punishing guns you're facing, would remove much of the hesitation to push forward that you see in higher tiers.

Obvious potential issues are obvious: using low tier ships for ranked would allow much newer players to enter the fray and "spoil it" for more experienced players, and using low tier ships for ranked could remove some of the impetus to grind your way to the tier 10s (while purchasing premium time and lots of signals & camos to make it easier, of course).  My answer to that is it couldn't be all that difficult to only allow players with at least one tier 10 ship in port to play ranked.

Edited by Harv72b

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
12 minutes ago, Aeries1 said:

I think a decent portion of players are getting a little burnt out on T10 games, especially our comrades who play a lot of clan battles.

What ranks do you think would be fun instead of the same high tier ships we have been doing for a while?

For my vote I went with T2 then T4.

Haven't played any 2s in forever, but some low tier Big Race action would be fun.  T2 you also have both AP and HE unlike T1.

For the final set I went with T4.  Some really fun boats in T4 and would would be a blast to take some out in a semi-competitive nature.

Low tier.  No frills, no gimmicks, minimal consumables, few dominate premiums, just a more bare bones competitive nature. 

That's me, how about you.  Vote and discuss.

Members
5,201 posts
9,061 battles

I don't play ranked much, but variety is important. A lot of people will experience burnout with nonstop T10. 

• Cool 2

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles
2 minutes ago, Harv72b said:

Obvious potential issues are obvious: using low tier ships for ranked would allow much newer players to enter the fray and "spoil it" for more experienced players, and using low tier ships for ranked could remove some of the impetus to grind your way to the tier 10s (while purchasing premium time and lots of signals & camos to make it easier, of course).  My answer to that is it couldn't be all that difficult to only allow players with at least one tier 10 ship in port to play ranked.

That one is easy, limit it to Rank 14, or whatever the highest number is now, accounts.  

Besides, if you run a stat mod or just check the "average" player at T10 you might be surprised.

Now granted I don't play T1 - 3 anymore and even when starting a new line just spend a few k free XP up to T4.  That being said I see far better players, even newer players, in the lowish to mid tiers than I do T10.  The most horrid stats and WR I have ever seen are in T10.  I didn't think it was possible to play 10k games with a 34% WR and a 300 PR, whelp I was wrong.

Low tier or bust :Smile_medal:

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
91 posts
5,705 battles

Tough decision.... I really enjoy most ships at tier 7, but with ranked, some ships break it or leave it frustrating(Belfast comes to mind even though I love her). Tier 8 is nice since you can kill 2 birds with one stone and run a lot of premiums making credits and ranking up. Tier 9 would be great as the second set of ranked ships, they are mostly enjoyable ships and I don't recall ever seeing that tier in ranked. I am not a fan of low/mid tier ships, but I would reluctantly accept tier 6.

Members
1,484 posts
9,672 battles

I voted start in T2, move to T4(T5 would be good also). Less static play, less angst over progression and generally a more fun experience. If WG sticks with T10, other than one game to garner flags, I will be totally skipping this ranked season. Too much time spent grinding out the legendary mods at T10, plus clan battles.

• Cool 1

Members
636 posts
7,580 battles
36 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

I voted start in T2, move to T4(T5 would be good also). Less static play, less angst over progression and generally a more fun experience. If WG sticks with T10, other than one game to garner flags, I will be totally skipping this ranked season. Too much time spent grinding out the legendary mods at T10, plus clan battles.

Yeah will likely just gather my free flags like last season, go up to the 2nd leg, then stop.  Got zero desire to grind out 200 to 300 games to get to 1.  Could I, yes, am I willing to, no.  Not worth my time.  Work a lot with a long commute on top of it, when I play I want to have some fun, not grind myself into madness.

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
809 posts
8,166 battles

Voted tier 5 - tier 7.

The two tiers most affected by the changes to protect tier 4 players. Also two of the most fun tiers, IMHO.

[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,343 battles

I play for fun, not necessarily for prizes.  I had to add a German BB to see if I could get some Gamescom camouflage.  I enjoy practicing with new ships with 1 point captains.  That is where the challenge is.

As for Ranked, Tier 10 is not very populated with players.  You need to do events at Tier 4 to help keep the supply of fresh players coming in.  That is why I like it.

NJRoc

[NDA]
Supertester
5,182 posts
15,384 battles

Your poll is missing an important option. 

I Don't Care About Rank Battles. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles

I play mostly t-10 ships because I have got perma camos on all of them and I can grind lots of elite commander exp. This time also I will try not to rank out fast (just the steel would do, no need of Jolly roger flag :D) and keep grinding the commander exp as it doesn't affect stats (not a stat hound but still would like to have some decent stats). I have 15 19 pointers now and would want to grind a few more for some of my loved ships which needs specific builds to have fun :D

[STW-M]
Members
3,075 posts
7,269 battles

I am strenuously opposed to tier 7 ranked. There are too many ridiculous premiums at that tier.

Personally, I prefer tier 6 or tier 8, but tier 9 can also be fairly interesting.

• Cool 1

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,753 posts
11,289 battles

Tier means little to me. I just wish they'd overhaul the format.  10 seasons of salty forum posts and a fairly flawed system yet same crap format STILL.

How awesome would it have been. "It's our anniversary and we're giving you something to celebrate, an overhauled ranked system!"   - YAY!  --- squandered.

• Funny 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,621 posts
10,640 battles

T6 and T8.

At tier 6, every ship can have a fair chance against other. There is no broken premium or whatsoever.

At tier 8, it's pretty much the same thing. There is no broken ship, every ship can win against other.

Other ranked tier are just not always fun nor really well balanced.

T2-3 might be decent but I hate low tier ship so I won't enjoy it. 

T4 is good but we have Nikolai at that tier.

T5 is decent but we have GC.

T7... Do I really need to name all those stupidly broken ship or ship that have access to T8 conssumable and module ? 

T9 will be filled with Missouri. And usually people don't keep their T9 anyway so I don't see the point having T9 ranked. 

If WG wants to make T7 ranked they have to remove premium ship from participating. But considering according to WG it would be "unfair" for people who bought these broken ship,  playing T6-T8 ranked is IMO the best solution. 

Edited by AlcatrazNC

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles
30 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

If WG wants to make T7 ranked they have to remove premium ship from participating. But considering according to WG it would be "unfair" for people who bought these broken ship,  playing T6-T8 ranked is IMO the best solution. 

Any tier would be great of it was tech tree only. 

granted many players buy ships for ranked, and WG sells specific ships just for ranked (meaning a good ship right before or during that ranked season)

we are at a point where tier ten is the only option.

tier 5's will be kamikaze's

6 will be Perth's

7....Belfast's for those that have them 

and so on.

if it was tech tree only, all tiers would be great.

[SHEEP]
Members
200 posts
3,976 battles

Tier 6 and 10 are the most balanced tier wise, 1 and 2 are lame, 3 has Albert, 4 has Nikolai, ark beta and iwaki alpha, 5 has cesare and kamikaze, 6 has Perth and Arizona, but they’re actually not really overpowered as some people think. T7 has Belfast, Atlanta, star saver sims, with an honorable mention to Scharnhorst. 8 has kutuzov and zeppelin, 9 is thrown way off by the 3 premiums especially Musashi. 10 is fine since Stalingrad isn’t out yet.

[WOLFB]
Members
2,621 posts
10,640 battles
3 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

Any tier would be great of it was tech tree only. 

granted many players buy ships for ranked, and WG sells specific ships just for ranked (meaning a good ship right before or during that ranked season)

we are at a point where tier ten is the only option.

tier 5's will be kamikaze's

6 will be Perth's

7....Belfast's for those that have them 

and so on.

if it was tech tree only, all tiers would be great.

Yes we all know if it was silver ship only, ranked could be done at pretty much all tier but it's just WG policy and one of their way to make money. What I tried to do was finding the less frustrating tier to play ranked and it ended up being T6 and 8.

At T6 I don't really see Perth as a real treat. I'm not saying the ship is weak but it has some real weaknesses and it can be counter. If I remember correctly, Perth has that special smoke consumable, allowing him to slowly move in his smoke to not get easily hit but at the same time, it forces him to move at 1/4 speed and stay in his smoke if he's in a bad situation.

At T8 people complained about Lo Yang but honestly outside of it's hydro, the ship isn't OP or anything.

Anyway, T10 might be the second most balanced tier for ranked, it still nontheless just freaking expensive. The ranked system is already frustrating enough, playing T10 where everything will cost you crap tons of credit will just add more salt to the game.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,052 posts
5,820 battles

tier5,and if anyone else use the excuse "smoke fest",a lot of ships have torps for that reason,torp the smoke line.

kamikaze?it's a terrible gun boat,the DD players just need to be above potato level. my okhotnik eat those things everytime.of course if you lose all your DDs,that apply to any DD,they become a real threat.

Edited by Cruxdei

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
4,456 posts
15,368 battles
11 minutes ago, AlcatrazNC said:

Yes we all know if it was silver ship only, ranked could be done at pretty much all tier but it's just WG policy and one of their way to make money. What I tried to do was finding the less frustrating tier to play ranked and it ended up being T6 and 8.

At T6 I don't really see Perth as a real treat. I'm not saying the ship is weak but it has some real weaknesses and it can be counter. If I remember correctly, Perth has that special smoke consumable, allowing him to slowly move in his smoke to not get easily hit but at the same time, it forces him to move at 1/4 speed and stay in his smoke if he's in a bad situation.

At T8 people complained about Lo Yang but honestly outside of it's hydro, the ship isn't OP or anything.

Anyway, T10 might be the second most balanced tier for ranked, it still nontheless just freaking expensive. The ranked system is already frustrating enough, playing T10 where everything will cost you crap tons of credit will just add more salt to the game.

If I am not mistaken, the Perth was the number two performing ship in tier 6 ranked when it was tier 6. Now with the Massachusetts with an Atlanta strapped to each side, that is all you will see.

As for the credits aspect, at tier ten, I never thought of that. But your right.....a money maker just to fund the repairs. 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,732 posts
18,095 battles
38 minutes ago, APA_204 said:

If I am not mistaken, the Perth was the number two performing ship in tier 6 ranked when it was tier 6. Now with the Massachusetts with an Atlanta strapped to each side, that is all you will see.

As for the credits aspect, at tier ten, I never thought of that. But your right.....a money maker just to fund the repairs. 

I doubt Massachusetts would be any more threatening than Bismarck, Tirpitz in VIII Ranked.

Unreliable guns past a certain range, good secondaries, mediocre AA (yes, because if your'e Secondary Spec, that AA on her is just about as good as Bismarck's in stopping a CV).  It's a format already done x2 before Mass arrived with Bismarck and Tirpitz.

[INTEL]
Members
10,013 posts
28,150 battles

T6 and T8. 

Though there is no reason that it couldn't be T7, with Belfast banned. If they can ban CVs from Clan Battles, banning the Winfast shouldn't be a problem. Every Belfast owner will understand. 

Another option would be to have Ranked be a different tier every day, T5-T10, in regular sequence, so everyone knows that if today is T6 tomorrow will be T7, and the day after T8.