You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Old_Lead_BoTToM

MM is really very BAD Why not fix it!!!!!!!!

16 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
1,463 battles

this crap is happening all the time now and its getting old fast. i see complaints all the time about MM and now i am one of them! 

i dont [edited] much but this was the last straw today after loosing 10 strait to teams like this. and FYI one red player was even AFK!

i dont know if i'll be back...tier 1 to 4 have been fun and mostly evenly matched . not so much tier 5.

tier 5 shouldnt play tier 7 IMOP 

i wonder if this is a WG ploy to use up free xp or to buy premium ships to get past T5BadMM.thumb.png.1b6e456ea62a12c7509a29d0ddea9ef2.png

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[TBW]
Members
7,527 posts
13,808 battles

Tiers 3 and 4 are protected tiers and mucks up the whole MM, just wait til tier 8.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[O_O]
Members
5,087 posts
11,441 battles

Playing a tier 5 against a few tier 7's isn't impossible.  Actually, if you play smart you can still do very well.  Consider it a challenge.

You can either get pissed off about it, throw a fit, and quit...or rise to the challenge, get better, be an asset to your team, and have fun.

Members
703 posts
12,953 battles

My personal longest losing streak is like 12 in a row.

My personal longest winning streak is 19.

You take the good with the bad, it evens out.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,486 posts
15,379 battles

@Old_Lead_BoTToM Nope there is nothing wrong with matchmaker since it has been fixed long ago because it was much worse with 3 tier spreads. Tier 4s vs tier 7s but you'd love that wouldn't you mopping up 4s with a 7 over and over. So get over it we all deal with the same thing as you and are grateful that they didn't just leave it the way it was.

Oh yea if you choose to leave Can I Have Your Stuff?

Sub_Octavian is a developer message him and give him a nice laugh!

[WDS]
Members
1,633 posts
8,416 battles

I love tier 5 you do see a lot of tier 7 ships every game . Plus it seems like there are 2 CVs in every game but its a fun tier and I'm playing the GC which is such a good ship . You have to play the hand your dealt that's it .

[INTEL]
Members
7,119 posts
29,307 battles

T5 sees a T7? Great! More point for the low tier. I love it.

It is common, nothing new so I don't know why the Op is complaining (and he has so many battles! sheesh!)

Obviously some ships can take it better than others. A Giulio, or a Kamikaze shouldn't complain much.

Members
21 posts
1,463 battles
3 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

T5 sees a T7? Great! More point for the low tier. I love it.

It is common, nothing new so I don't know why the Op is complaining (and he has so many battles! sheesh!)

Obviously some ships can take it better than others. A Giulio, or a Kamikaze shouldn't complain much.

23K battles? when do you find the time to cut the grass?

thanks for the replies. i guess i am just too new to complain....

and no MUDXX you cant have my crap!! im keeping it, maybe i'll sink you with it LOL

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
6,052 posts

You mean like when I have to get 5 'Defended' flags, and all my battles are either Standard (with no reds getting to the cap), or Epicenter (no defended ribbons).

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,472 posts
10,565 battles

I think this is almost a t6 match, so in a T5 its completely okay....

[-BRS-]
Members
2,617 posts
16,009 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Lead_BoTToM said:

this crap is happening all the time now and its getting old fast. i see complaints all the time about MM and now i am one of them! 

i dont [edited] much but this was the last straw today after loosing 10 strait to teams like this. and FYI one red player was even AFK!

i dont know if i'll be back...tier 1 to 4 have been fun and mostly evenly matched . not so much tier 5.

tier 5 shouldnt play tier 7 IMOP 

i wonder if this is a WG ploy to use up free xp or to buy premium ships to get past T5BadMM.thumb.png.1b6e456ea62a12c7509a29d0ddea9ef2.png

You got a lot of good points

I asked those questions myself at times

Edited by silverdahc

Members
1,246 posts
6,778 battles
21 minutes ago, Old_Lead_BoTToM said:

23K battles? when do you find the time to cut the grass?

thanks for the replies. i guess i am just too new to complain....

and no MUDXX you cant have my crap!! im keeping it, maybe i'll sink you with it LOL

There will often be some very good players in the tier 5 range, and with just 265 battles under your belt, it can leave you feeling more than a little bewildered. 

But take heart, even the good players get on a losing streak every now and then. We all do. Just play your way through it. When it gets too frustrating, find something else to do and come back later. Trust me, this happens to all of us.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles

I miss the days when I could beat up on tier 6's with my tier 3 St Louis.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
7,119 posts
29,307 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

I miss the days when I could beat up on tier 6's with my tier 3 St Louis.

Queue Edith and Archie Bunker singing: "those were the days!"

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
10 posts
1,187 battles
On 8/2/2018 at 4:18 PM, Cuesta_Rey said:

There will often be some very good players in the tier 5 range, and with just 265 battles under your belt, it can leave you feeling more than a little bewildered. 

But take heart, even the good players get on a losing streak every now and then. We all do. Just play your way through it. When it gets too frustrating, find something else to do and come back later. Trust me, this happens to all of us.

At least you are not sitting like me...I have been 20 games in the hole since Closed Beta.  I just came back last month and now 25 games in the hole last I checked.  I just go with the same rule I did in WOT; if I lose four in a row I get off or play CO-OP.  Actually, COOP allows me to test new concepts after watching some YouTubers; then I try in Random.  Eventually I may break 50%, but don’t be in a rush to go to the next tier.  I sure am not until I get more proficient.