You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Aephx

How many battles per day?

25 comments in this topic

[IND8]
Members
70 posts
1,546 battles

I'm curious, on average, how many Battles do you play per day? And, do you have any particular method in how you play? Do you have any particular daily self goals you have set out to complete each session?

I'm not aware of how many battles I play per day, but it usually isn't many, unless the XP multiplier is high [200%+] :) But, I have 4 primary ships I'm really in to playing. So I usually log in and will play a minimum of 4 battles, 1 for each, sometimes 1 or 2 more. And I have 4 other ships I haven't spent much time on yet. If I have nothing else to do, Ill also put some XP on them as well. So I suppose on average I play 4-5 games, sometimes can be up to 8-10 games. Basically I will play each of my ships until I get 1 win on each.

I am asking this because I feel like my grind is starting to get a lot longer now, and I'm wondering just how much time people are putting in to their grinds. And I suppose if maybe I want to start putting in more time towards my main ships or not.

Thanks for your responses!

Edited by Aephx

[SIDE]
Members
794 posts
4,197 battles

I do between 3 and 6 games a day. Mostly just to get 2 containers a day I get a few good games

Members
462 posts
9,054 battles

10-15 or so I’d say.  I have ships I play for enjoyment and ships I play to level up a tech tree, and ships that have to be played for clan wars or ranked, and ships for missions.

I play lower tier sometimes to relax.

A lot of different reasons !

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles

It really depends.

If I play Randoms, traditionally I'd go until I get all 3 of my Daily Containers.  However, when Divisioned up, I can end up doing more than that.  I never really count matches per day as it fluctuates.  Sometimes I don't even get all 3 Daily Containers, just 2 of 3.

If you're playing Co-op, the battle count will be a lot higher as those games are very short.  Especially if the team is fully populated by players, it's quick.  The rewards are a lot less compared to PVP, so if I had to get equivalent rewards in Co-op compared to PVP I"d have to play a lot more.  1 decently played PVP loss is more rewarding than multiple good Co-op wins.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,707 posts
2,648 battles

5-10.  More than that and it becomes work.

On weekends, I might do two sessions apart and get 10-20.

Members
2,071 posts
509 battles

it depends.... if I lose three in a row.... I might not play till tomorrow... if I WIN two or three of them I might play a few more... depends on my mood, challenges, missions and luck...

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,683 battles

My goal is to get 2 containers a day. Sometimes that happens in as few as 3 matches. After that its mostly about how much time I have & if I am working/grinding something specific. I would guess on average I do 10 matches a day. 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,699 posts
18,076 battles

If you look at your Port Battles summary and you start having to scroll, it's probably time to call it a day :Smile_teethhappy:

6zrxG2f.jpg

Edit:  Also OP, the grind gets longer and longer each tier you climb.  The first tier where you start noticing a longer grind is Tier VII->VIII.  VIII->IX really gets long, but the IX->X grind is the real time consumer.  IX->X can get very bad if you have to play in a very sub-par Tier IX ship.  If you don't have the FreeXP's to quickly research modules in a VIII or IX ship, it gets real punishing.  These ships can be horrid experiences stock, especially High Tier (VIII-IX) ones.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[HYDRO]
Members
2,988 posts
4,596 battles

Until I get 2 containers, or during the Go Navy until I hit 350 points or get asked to switch team.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,481 posts
15,368 battles

3 to 6 battles an hour X 12 to 16 hours a day = a groupa battles. Yea that many a few or very quick losses or very quick wins and a few drag out the whole 20 minutes. I start with my tier 5 DDs and work my way through them to my tier 8, then repeat with CAs, BBs and CVs from tier 5 to my few 9s and 10.

[NWNG]
Members
2,817 posts
4,676 battles

I play enough battles to obtain two daily containers, the grind for the third is too much for me and my current time schedule. But with this shark.v.eagle thing going on, I am now playing to gain as many of those containers as possible, until I finally go, "okay this grind is too much." I do not know the average "battles per day" for I do not keep track of such knowledge.

[INTEL]
Members
7,119 posts
29,276 battles

As I have time, I make it a point to play at least enough to get the 3 daily containers, and whatever local mission I am pursuing (e.g. Chain 1 and Chain 2 at the moment).

If I am tired, or slow reaction time, I  do them in Coop. Battles are shorter so you can squeeze in many more, and wins are close to guaranteed (with a few exceptions).

[AFW-]
Members
266 posts
11,262 battles

1 to 2 containers a day, weekends can be nadda or 40 games

[13CLM]
Members
309 posts
1,967 battles

Weekdays, between 3-6, weekends 10 to 15. A lot depends on my free time. With two teenagers into fall sports, my play time is going to drop off soon.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles

At one point, I would play until I'd earned all 3 containers and completed all time-sensitive missions for the day (or felt that I had suitably progressed on the really grindy ones).  Nowadays, I just about have to force myself to log on and play the 3-5 battles it takes to earn the first 2 containers.  The grinds aren't really toward anything I want at present--more coal is always nice, I guess, but still needing 200k to get to the only thing I'd particularly like to buy with it (Salem) means that 300 here or 400 there doesn't really make a meaningful dent.  Finished all the destroyer lines and trying to force myself up a few cruiser lines so I'll have a bit more flexibility in clan wars, but eh...cruisers aren't really all that exciting for me. 

When I was actively grinding the DD lines, I'd do pretty much what you're doing--get my daily win on each ship and knock off for the day.  Generally this meant enough battles to max out the containers anyway.  I tried to save signals & camos which gave bonus XP for the higher tiers (t8&9) to maximize effect, and I never used free XP to skip anything.

I don't mean to be all whiny here, it's just that the game gets repetitive at times and hearing that next ranked season is going to follow the identical (broken) format that last season's did, doesn't help.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,469 posts
10,544 battles

I play to the second container during the week and 3 containers on weekend....easy gauge.

[RLGN]
Beta Testers
100 posts
1,810 battles

2 to 4, I quit playing after frustration sets in after a couple games of: dd swarm games, dual carrier love, or just too much shot straddling of reds

[NSEW]
Members
1,086 posts

It really depends on the availability of time, and willingness to stop the urge to quit; due to number of losses no matter what you try. Sometimes, you gotta call it and say tomorrow is another day/another start.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers
91 posts
5,704 battles

On the weekdays I allot myself max two hours. The goal is usually getting the 3 daily containers and or achieving 10k free xp earned(saving for the Alaska if/when it arrives hopefully as a free xp ship).  I try to play my Khabarovsk, Gearing, and Grozovoi trying to continue the legendary module grind. I follow up with Missouri and Kronshtadt for credits and free xp. If all goes well I finish in about 5-7 games but lately its taking the 2 hours to finish(good team play has been really lacking as of late). On the weekends I play 4-6 hours spread throughout the day and do my usual goals then hop in other ships I'm in the mood to play.

[ARP2]
Members
1,368 posts
3,637 battles

Based on how many games I've played and the length of time I've been playing, I averaged about five games a day.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,732 posts
10,984 battles
1 hour ago, MizzenMast said:

My goal is to get 2 containers a day. Sometimes that happens in as few as 3 matches. After that its mostly about how much time I have & if I am working/grinding something specific. I would guess on average I do 10 matches a day. 

Pretty much this but if I am just not into it and am not having fun I will bail after only a match or two. Other days I will do 15 - 20. Basically play enough to have fun but not so much that you burn out.

[TDG]
Members
1,649 posts
8,055 battles

Depends, I play longer when I have time.  Anywhere from 3 to 30 battles.

Normally, I'm looking for 2 containers.  Currently, I'm looking for the switch offer.

July and August, I am looking at the rewards for the daily series and play for as many as I can when credits, coal, or Free XP is available.

In general, I will look at the missions and challenges and determine if any of them are worth the effort for me to complete.  Most of the time, I just play for my base targets and received whatever I will without trying for the particular reward.

Finally, I have longer term targets and regular play will advance my progress toward them.  Here, I have identified a few of the Unique Upgrades that I would really like to have.  Some are for Tier X ships I already own.  The others will require a grind to get to Tier X before I can start on their specific mission series.  All of this requires time and effort.  I track where I am, what effort remains and how this looks related to the remaining time to complete.  (I've already determined I cannot acquire all of them.)

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,017 battles

hmm...that would depend on how much time i have.  

im in the office all day and i'm on patrol duty at nights. so i barely have time in between to my self roughly like 4-5 hours in between.  but when i do have time to play, i'd spend like 5-6 hours playing.  and depending on the type of match i play or what i want to to do.  i could roughly end up with playing 30 or more matches in that one night. :Smile_teethhappy: