Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
makubaka

Master Card Bans Wargamming Payments

37 comments in this topic

[PHRA]
[PHRA]
Beta Testers
3 posts
4,937 battles

I am beyond pissed. But here is the gist of this.... MasterCard has put a Block on making Direct Card payments  To Wargamming. It was all well and good at the start and through the month July until about the 28th. Wargamming it's self took my ticket and explained to me MasterCard was the problem. I thought ok maybe low balance issues. Nope. Another game took the same card number. I called and can not get the Wargaming Ban removed. Explained to me its because Mastercard is afraid of fraud, from this Company. I read that as Russia. Is now beyond pissed has gone nuclear. I am sure many of you can trace my thought patterns,  US citizen or not. And Wargamming if you remove this post so it doesn't spiral out of control, I understand. I needed to vent. I Needed for other players that run across this issue, WARGAMMING IS NOT AT FAULT.

PS I REALLY wanted the Mass this month in a big Wargamming gets lots of my money bundle. Now. . . . . .   

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles

That’s funny, I purchased doubloons this morning using my MasterCard lol.

Also, easy way around it @makubaka. Just link your card to PayPal and purchase that way.

Edited by renegadestatuz
  • Cool 4

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,933 posts
4,570 battles
8 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

That’s funny, I purchased doubloons this morning using my MasterCard lol.

Also, easy way around it @makubaka. Just link your card to PayPal and purchase that way.

I agree with this!

Also, OP can call Master Card to talk to a representative as well to explain this situation.  There is no need to get overheated :cap_rambo:.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,585 posts
33,349 battles

What is Direct Card?

I know that credit card companies usually put a ban/restriction on international charges.  A call to the card issuer to allow these types of charges is usually all it takes to resolve this  problem.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles

@renegadestatuz PayPal adds a % fee to your purchases since WG is considered an international company. I was pretty pissed when I saw it in my statements.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
7,656 posts
8,088 battles
Just now, GoldPile said:

@renegadestatuz PayPal adds a % fee to your purchases since WG is considered an international company. I was pretty pissed when I saw it in my statements.

Really? I’ve never had or seen a fee when using PayPal. But I have when using any of my cards directly.

I’ll take a look next time I use PayPal. Thanks buddy.

[NMKJT]
Members
3,723 posts

If you use PayPal enough there are no fees.

I think the Op is wrong in two points. It's not Mastercard blocking the payment, it's the issuing bank, which I have run into. And I bet it's not targeting WG, but Cyprus banks as there is a lot of money laundering for Russian Oligarchs being funneled through Cyprus, which is where WG had its financial switch.

I encountered the same thing years ago with tanks. Fortunately there are options 

[M-O-M]
Members
165 posts
5,368 battles

If VISA follows suit and the practice becomes widespread, WG will lose a fortune overnight and their WOWS $20 gift cards will be the means to a transaction.  No fees on those either.

njroc

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles

Since not a lot of people believe my testimony about PayPal charging a fee for WG purchases, here's my proof.

ZLxI5tE.png

[NMKJT]
Members
3,723 posts
1 minute ago, GoldPile said:

Since not a lot of people believe my testimony about PayPal charging a fee for WG purchases, here's my proof.

ZLxI5tE.png

I didn't doubt it; simply said after a certain amount of business PayPal waives charges. You don't appear to reach the threshold

Members
1,528 posts
10 battles

I paid with a master card before and they canceled the card and sent me a new one because they thought it was fraud lol.

• Funny 1

[WOLF7]
Members
11,873 posts
31 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

No, it does not...never has.

Where do you live? I've always used Paypal for any Wg transactions, and never once been charged a fee....

Edited by awiggin

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
51 minutes ago, makubaka said:

I am beyond pissed. But here is the gist of this.... MasterCard has put a Block on making Direct Card payments  To Wargamming. It was all well and good at the start and through the month July until about the 28th. Wargamming it's self took my ticket and explained to me MasterCard was the problem. I thought ok maybe low balance issues. Nope. Another game took the same card number. I called and can not get the Wargaming Ban removed. Explained to me its because Mastercard is afraid of fraud, from this Company. I read that as Russia. Is now beyond pissed has gone nuclear. I am sure many of you can trace my thought patterns,  US citizen or not. And Wargamming if you remove this post so it doesn't spiral out of control, I understand. I needed to vent. I Needed for other players that run across this issue, WARGAMMING IS NOT AT FAULT.

PS I REALLY wanted the Mass this month in a big Wargamming gets lots of my money bundle. Now. . . . . .   

I had multiple conversations with my bank before they stopped disabling by card after store purchases, mostly because there is no cart and making several in a row sets off fraud alerts. My bank said that WG uses the credit processor Accenture which is affiliated with fraud and that also triggers locks. The bank uses a 3rd party anti-fraud service called Falcon something and yours probably does too. I should point out I do not use the card directly and have always used it through Paypal.

11 minutes ago, Wombatmetal said:

I didn't doubt it; simply said after a certain amount of business PayPal waives charges. You don't appear to reach the threshold

Paypal charges for currency conversion fees.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,852 posts
7,254 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

No, it does not...never has.

Where do you live? I've always used Paypal for any Wg transactions, and never once been charged a fee....

You didn't bother to read my other post did you? U.S.

[KSC]
Members
1,042 posts
4,531 battles
36 minutes ago, GoldPile said:

That's strange, I've used paypal for every transaction I've ever done, and have never been charged any outside fees.  

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,839 posts
12,473 battles

I have an Amazon account and just use it, no issues at all.  All processed through Amazon Payments.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

I buy Subway Gift cards in any amount I desire for all my purchases from WoWs.

No Fuss  No Muss

I don't spend much and I am sure WG will not miss my Money as much as I will Miss World of Warships.

[H_]
Members
2,177 posts

International business is at the whim of the executive branch....  They could simply ban the entire game if they wanted.  The game is an electronic product we import.  A great many financial institutions are hedging on the security of US/Russian relations....

Personally, I will never use anything "electronic" with any foreign corporation......ever.      It's not a risk I am willing to take.....to play a game.

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[NMKJT]
Members
3,723 posts
10 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

They don't charge me. I just double checked and verified

[VOP]
Members
356 posts
8,013 battles
15 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

I had multiple conversations with my bank before they stopped disabling by card after store purchases, mostly because there is no cart and making several in a row sets off fraud alerts. My bank said that WG uses the credit processor Accenture which is affiliated with fraud and that also triggers locks. The bank uses a 3rd party anti-fraud service called Falcon something and yours probably does too. I should point out I do not use the card directly and have always used it through Paypal.

Steam has the same problem with no cart and buying several things in a row.  My card got knocked out right before Christmas a few years ago.  Now I just make one transaction, load up the Steam wallet, and work from there.  Maybe WG may implement something, anything, to make bulk purchases easier?

[VOP]
Members
356 posts
8,013 battles
14 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I buy Subway Gift cards in any amount I desire for all my purchases from WoWs.

No Fuss  No Muss

I don't spend much and I am sure WG will not miss my Money as much as I will Miss World of Warships.

I never understood, why Subway?  After all Taco Bell won the fast food wars.

• Funny 1