Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Got my second tier 10!!!

21 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
3,745 posts

Des Moines is MINE!!!  FINALLY!

This is the ship I've wanted most since I began playing.  Particularly once I decided I strongly dislike CV squadrons and love to shoot them down, lol.

No thanks to the NU-META...  It took 6 or 7 matches to accumulate the handful of xp required, when it SHOULD have been 2 good games or 3 decent ones max.  Particularly using a ship as dangerous as Buffalo...  But oh well- all's well that ends well, right?

It's all fitted out and ready to go- just waiting for a good opportunity!   I was too burned out on hi-tier Cruiser play last night to even consider it, lol.

I gave it what I'd consider an all purpose US CA build:   Enhance it's strengths, durability, and utility.

19 point captain:

Preventative Maintenance:  Keeping those AA guns alive!  Also the engine and rudder.

Expert marksman- enhancing the main battery

Adrenaline Rush- enhancing the main battery

Superintendant  extra heal, DFAA and radar

Demolitions expert  Enhancing it's offensive output and anti-DD capability.

AFT  Boosting it's AA and secondary range

Concealment Expert- So it lives longer!!

Upgrades:

Auxilliary Armament 1:  Keep those 3" guns alive as long as possible!

Damage Control 1:  survival

Aiming Systems Mod 1:  Keep those shells on target!!!

Steering gears 2:  Torpedo beats, and "HAHA! - you missed!"

Concealment upgrade:  U no C me.

AA upgrade 3:  Cuz those 3" guns weren't nasty enough, lol.

Consumables"

I have it set up for DFAA and Radar.

What's next?  Not really sure.   I have both Roon and Richelieu as well as Martel to work on.  Plus I just started Bismarck last night.  

No real ambition to get the German tier 9 or 10- Bis was the goal here.

Roon and Martel both need set up, and Des just took a massive chunk outta my credits, so...  Also, both captains could use some extra grinding.  (and Eugen is just FUN to play!)

Richelieu, going for Republique?  Maybe.   Kinda burned out on the hi-tier meta though...

I guess my next tier 10 will be Hindenburg- and I really want that ship!   Then Repub for #4

I may just work on the low tier Frenchie BB's- I just got the tier 4, and have had the tier 5 since the pre-release missions.   I only have 1 "good" French BB captain, and it's in Lyon- a keeper ship.   Normandie is just a 10 pointer, and the tier 4 has a 4 or 5.

Martel's captain is likewise a trifle behind, as I FXP'd La Glass after a dozen matches or so to get Algerie.  I just couldn't stand being so fragile- and it was a dead end ship...  I like it more, now- and mainly play it for OPS and just for fun.  It wouldn't bother me TOO much to play Algerie some more! lol.  (another favorite CA)

• Cool 4

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
12 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Congrats:Smile_honoring:

[WOLF2]
Members
1,279 posts
8,625 battles

Grats!    I would really like to get the DM.   Maybe a little more focused effort.   Grind was mostly spent in June and July for the missions, Halsey campaign, grinding 750k xp for the Kronshtadt and getting more 19pt skippers.    Gave a half-hearted attempt recently to get the Minotaur.   Just 55k xp away.     I feel like I have ADHD, as my play is all over the board.    Once I focus, I should be able to get Mino and then do that fun Buffalo grind to the DM.       

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
12 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

This is the ship I've wanted most since I began playing.  Particularly once I decided I strongly dislike CV squadrons and love to shoot them down, lol.

No thanks to the NU-META...  It took 6 or 7 matches to accumulate the handful of xp required, when it SHOULD have been 2 good games or 3 decent ones max.  Particularly using a ship as dangerous as Buffalo...  But oh well- all's well that ends well, right?

It's all fitted out and ready to go- just waiting for a good opportunity!   I was too burned out on hi-tier Cruiser play last night to even consider it, lol.

I gave it what I'd consider an all purpose US CA build:   Enhance it's strengths, durability, and utility.

19 point captain:

Preventative Maintenance:  Keeping those AA guns alive!  Also the engine and rudder.

Expert marksman- enhancing the main battery

Adrenaline Rush- enhancing the main battery

Superintendant  extra heal, DFAA and radar

Demolitions expert  Enhancing it's offensive output and anti-DD capability.

AFT  Boosting it's AA and secondary range

Concealment Expert- So it lives longer!!

Upgrades:

Auxilliary Armament 1:  Keep those 3" guns alive as long as possible!

Damage Control 1:  survival

Aiming Systems Mod 1:  Keep those shells on target!!!

Steering gears 2:  Torpedo beats, and "HAHA! - you missed!"

Concealment upgrade:  U no C me.

AA upgrade 3:  Cuz those 3" guns weren't nasty enough, lol.

Consumables"

I have it set up for DFAA and Radar.

What's next?  Not really sure.   I have both Roon and Richelieu as well as Martel to work on.  Plus I just started Bismarck last night.  

No real ambition to get the German tier 9 or 10- Bis was the goal here.

Roon and Martel both need set up, and Des just took a massive chunk outta my credits, so...  Also, both captains could use some extra grinding.  (and Eugen is just FUN to play!)

Richelieu, going for Republique?  Maybe.   Kinda burned out on the hi-tier meta though...

I guess my next tier 10 will be Hindenburg- and I really want that ship!   Then Repub for #4

I may just work on the low tier Frenchie BB's- I just got the tier 4, and have had the tier 5 since the pre-release missions.   I only have 1 "good" French BB captain, and it's in Lyon- a keeper ship.   Normandie is just a 10 pointer, and the tier 4 has a 4 or 5.

Martel's captain is likewise a trifle behind, as I FXP'd La Glass after a dozen matches or so to get Algerie.  I just couldn't stand being so fragile- and it was a dead end ship...  I like it more, now- and mainly play it for OPS and just for fun.  It wouldn't bother me TOO much to play Algerie some more! lol.  (another favorite CA)

If I could suggest a ship. Moskva is a good ship, Most of the ships in her line are fun, Shchors is a little difficult cause she is change in playstyle a little but fun none the less.

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,683 battles

Congrats on the DM!

If it was your Buffalo I deleted early in the match with my Hindy last night I apologize (well not really but it sounds good doesnt it? ) 

[AAA]
Members
502 posts
8,192 battles

Pretty much the same build but I switched out the AA modules and AFT for reload and Radio location. Now I am a good DD hunter :D

[NAB]
Members
416 posts
9,175 battles

Congrats!  It's always a little bittersweet for me because I feel guilty playing my T10's knowing I should be grinding a different line...

[NWNG]
Members
2,818 posts
4,676 battles

congrats on your second tier 10. I currently don't even have my first, but I am working on it. At the moment I am at Yugumo, heading to Shimakaze, but Kitakaze and Harugumo are likely to be released soon, and personally I would like Harugumo to be my first tier 10, because I already have a 19-pointer for the ship, so I put a kibosh on the Yugumo grind.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,745 posts
5 hours ago, MizzenMast said:

Congrats on the DM!

If it was your Buffalo I deleted early in the match with my Hindy last night I apologize (well not really but it sounds good doesnt it? ) 

Nah- these were in pve,  and I don't recall being teamkilled, lol.  

I NEARLY was in Bismarck's maiden voyage, by a torp salvo launched at a CO I was brawling.  Colly-rado was already dead long before the torps came near- the only ship there was ME.  Luckily I was already starting a turn, so didn't have to wait thru the rudder lag, lol.   They barely missed me.

Speaking of Hindy, I found one of it's weak spots quite by accident the other day with Buff.  He was turning away from me at fairly close range, and I landed a salvo right under his rear turret at appx a 45 deg angle away from me.  2 citadels, and some normal pens.   I'm pretty sure it left a mark, lol.    I would have shot sooner but my guns weren't quite reloaded yet!    I was surprised he never dropped torps on me- he couldn't have missed.   I figured I was a dead man, and just blasted away hoping to make killing me as painful as possible.

Honestly, I don't really feel up to any more high tier grinds right now.  I think I'll stick to Monty and Mo to work on the Halsey campaign (and replenish my credits!), and enjoy some lower tier fun.   Colorado is calling my name.  So is Wyoming.

[SF-E]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
191 posts
9,497 battles

Congratulations! Since you already have the Roon, you may want to get the Hindenburg. She is a very strong and versatile ship.

[PSP]
Members
8,191 posts
6 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Congrats!

I got very lucky this week and was given over a month of Premium time in supercontainers. This allowed me to grind out the Des Moines quickly. It's my second tier 10 too, after the Gearing.

I've pretty much got it completely spec'd out but for the commander, which is only a 14-pointer. Currently, I'm up to about 90k damage and one or two kills a game but I hope to get better.  

I'm still waiting for a plane to pester though. Since unlocking it I've not seen a CV. 

[WOLF3]
Members
19,720 posts
18,080 battles
7 hours ago, HQ_21 said:

PM does not help keep your AA guns alive.

I remember when I used to believe this.  I was sad to learn the truth :Smile_teethhappy:

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

DM and Hindy are both great cruisers! They just play different. One hugs islands waiting to pop radar the other rains fire from distance until it is time to push.

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,683 battles
12 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Honestly, I don't really feel up to any more high tier grinds right now.

If you doing it PvE I dont blame you! 

I have largely avoided PvE but when I got my Kiev I though I would try a few matches while retraining my Cpt in the Leningrad. Sure the matches go by very fast but talk about peanuts for rewards after the match was over, sheesh! I did like 3 PvE matches & said "forget this!" & went back to randoms where I can get 3-4x the XP in a single match.

Sign in to follow this