Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
real_icebeast

Potential Consumables

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

79
[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
5,147 battles

With the introduction of the Main Gun Reload Booster I realized we now have consumables that effect most soft stats in this game:
Main Battery Reload, Torpedo Reload, AA DPS, Ship Speed, Ship HP (heal), Debuff Dispel (Damage Con), Ship Spotting (Radar and Hydro), Torpedo Spotting (Hydro), Concealment, and Main Battery Range.

This led me to consider the remaining soft stats that are not currently affected by any consumables, assuming WG will use these next as for future ship lines/consumables:

  • Turret Traverse - Seems meh to temporarily boost but ok
  • Rudder shift - I could see this being useful
  • Aircraft Spotting - Again, meh, but might be useful after CV rework
  • Main Battery Accuracy - Pretty sure I could think of a few ships that would want a temporary reduction in dispersion
  • Secondary Battery Reload - Niche but hey, its a thing
  • Secondary Battery Accuracy - Similar
  • Secondary Battery Range - Similar (although why does spotter not do this, who knows ...)
  • Increased Dispersion of incoming shells - Basically, like Camo but a better, temporary buff.

This is probably not an exhaustive list of stats currently unaffected by any consumable.  If you have others, feel free to add.

Additionally, while the game currently has no way to buff or debuff other ships, you could consider some consumables that could do so.  I'm only going to list a few that I feel are semi-plausible without just being farcical.

  • Radio Jamming  - temporarily prevent a ship from receiving spotting information from allies
  • Blinding Light or some other ridiculous name - temporarily increase the dispersion of the target ship (very similar to the point above).
  • Coordinated Assault - temporarily decrease the dispersion of nearby allies against the same target (or something).

Anyway, I think the first list covers most of the potential consumables we'll see in the future from WG as it covers most of the stats currently not affected by consumables and this seems to be the direction WG is going.  Am I missing some obvious stat?  Would people want any of these consumables?  Are we already at consumable overload? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
5,147 battles
29 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Barn door stop rudder consumable for bbs!!!!! 

Lol that would be fun.  I'd assume there would be a temporary debuff to acceleration after using it, but WG never puts penalties on their consumables (e.g., TRB or MGRB should have some kind of penalty but they do not).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
32 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

With the introduction of the Main Gun Reload Booster I realized we now have consumables that effect most soft stats in this game:
Main Battery Reload, Torpedo Reload, AA DPS, Ship Speed, Ship HP (heal), Debuff Dispel (Damage Con), Ship Spotting (Radar and Hydro), Torpedo Spotting (Hydro), Concealment, and Main Battery Range.

This led me to consider the remaining soft stats that are not currently affected by any consumables, assuming WG will use these next as for future ship lines/consumables:

  • Turret Traverse - Seems meh to temporarily boost but ok
  • Rudder shift - I could see this being useful
  • Aircraft Spotting - Again, meh, but might be useful after CV rework
  • Main Battery Accuracy - Pretty sure I could think of a few ships that would want a temporary reduction in dispersion
  • Secondary Battery Reload - Niche but hey, its a thing
  • Secondary Battery Accuracy - Similar
  • Secondary Battery Range - Similar (although why does spotter not do this, who knows ...)
  • Increased Dispersion of incoming shells - Basically, like Camo but a better, temporary buff.

This is probably not an exhaustive list of stats currently unaffected by any consumable.  If you have others, feel free to add.

Additionally, while the game currently has no way to buff or debuff other ships, you could consider some consumables that could do so.  I'm only going to list a few that I feel are semi-plausible without just being farcical.

  • Radio Jamming  - temporarily prevent a ship from receiving spotting information from allies
  • Blinding Light or some other ridiculous name - temporarily increase the dispersion of the target ship (very similar to the point above).
  • Coordinated Assault - temporarily decrease the dispersion of nearby allies against the same target (or something).

Anyway, I think the first list covers most of the potential consumables we'll see in the future from WG as it covers most of the stats currently not affected by consumables and this seems to be the direction WG is going.  Am I missing some obvious stat?  Would people want any of these consumables?  Are we already at consumable overload? 

Most of if not all of the ones in the first set are modules you can equip on ships already. The last three are borderline cheats. Cause the other player wouldnt be able to do anything about them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
5,147 battles
13 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

Most of if not all of the ones in the first set are modules you can equip on ships already. The last three are borderline cheats. Cause the other player wouldnt be able to do anything about them.

 

I don't get your first point.  Literally every consumable in the game already is affected by upgrades.  AA DPS - AAGM3, Main Gun Reload Booster - MBM3, Torpedo Reload Booster - TTM3, Ship Speed - Well, none increase top speed but do increase acceleration, and there is the flag, Damage Control - DCSM2 and DCSM1, Ship and Torpedo Spotting - TASM1, Concealment - CSM1, Main Battery Range - ASM1 and GFCSM1.  

So why would WG not add consumables to systems already affected by upgrades when every consumable in the game is already affects systems that have upgrades?

While I would agree about your second point if Radar didn't exist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
2 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

So why would WG not add consumables to systems already affected by upgrades when every consumable in the game is already affects systems that have upgrades?

We don't need that many consumables in the game. Imagine what it would be like for a newer player to have to memorize what a couple dozen consumables do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
5,147 battles
4 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

We don't need that many consumables in the game. Imagine what it would be like for a newer player to have to memorize what a couple dozen consumables do. 

This is a separate point that I mostly agree with (which is why I noted it in my OP).  My point here was against the argument that we already have upgrades for the systems these consumable affect so we don't need these, in which I responded, every current consumable already has a corresponding upgrade so why does that disqualify the consumable (except speed boost, which makes me wonder why we don't have an Engine Mod that increases top speed ...).

It seems clear to me that WG will be adding more consumables (since we're getting another new one) so I just listed the most likely additional candidates, but I agree, we're already pretty close to consumable overload.

Edited by real_icebeast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
499
[NGA]
Members
1,760 posts
9,370 battles
10 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

Lol that would be fun.  I'd assume there would be a temporary debuff to acceleration after using it, but WG never puts penalties on their consumables (e.g., TRB or MGRB should have some kind of penalty but they do not).

TRB does have something of a penalty. Either you give up smoke. Or you only have one launcher.

Edit: Monoghan is the exception. But it only has two guns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
7 minutes ago, real_icebeast said:

This is a separate point that I mostly agree with (which is why I noted it in my OP).  My point here was against the argument that we already have upgrades for the systems these consumable affect so we don't need these, in which I responded, every current consumable already has a corresponding upgrade so why does that disqualify the consumable (except speed boost, which makes me wonder why we don't have an Engine Mod that increases top speed ...).

It seems clear to me that WG will be adding more consumables (since we're getting another new one) so I just listed the most likely additional candidates, but I agree, we're already pretty close to consumable overload.

Yea, but there doesn't need to be a consumable to correspond with every upgrade. Like Carbon stated that would be a lot of consumables, and honestly they aren't really needed. Radar isn't a cheat, but this is not the thread for that discussion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
79
[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
5,147 battles
17 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

Yea, but there doesn't need to be a consumable to correspond with every upgrade. Like Carbon stated that would be a lot of consumables, and honestly they aren't really needed. Radar isn't a cheat, but this is not the thread for that discussion.

Again, this is a slightly different point than your original point which I agree with.  However, it seems clear to me that WG will be adding more consumables so I listed the most likely candidates.  Of the list, the one I would most like is increased dispersion against ships targeting you, like camo.  This would help dds in their oh s moments like how they use smoke or speed boost.  I could also see a Main Gun Accuracy consumable be useful on high tier german BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×