Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

I've suggested it before but: "DC Assist"

48 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles

I think I brought this subject up in Alpha, and have discussed it in my clan but was curious.  Has WG looked into "Assisted DC?"  Case in point, a BB is flooding/burner, a Destroyer or Cruiser pulls along side and inside a certain area of influence hit's their "R" key and put's out the BB's fire/flooding?  You would get XP/Credits for helping a team mate.  I know, I know, crazy to think that players in a random battle would work together.... But Just a thought.  I think it would change a game dynamic A LOT.

  • Cool 18

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,281 battles

I don't know if a one-shot effect would play out well, but maybe it just reduces the burn timer by half.  It'll never completely extinguish the casualty, but ... you know ... assist.

-R

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,257
[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles

Not sure about randoms or co-op, but it could be very interesting to drive a "fire/repair ship" in a scenario with this sort of power. We already have heal auras around bases and AI ships in ops, and Space Battles modelled an area of influence in which fires only last one second, so the mechanic is there.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
Members
4,725 posts
8,129 battles

This has been mentioned often.  Is a team mate gonna stop in the heat of battle to do this?  I dunno.  Maybe. Maybe not.  I know in tanks a team mate will sometimes push you back upright if you have rolled over IF he can do it without risk to himself. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
4 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I don't know if a one-shot effect would play out well, but maybe it just reduces the burn timer by half.  It'll never completely extinguish the casualty, but ... you know ... assist.

-R

I can see that, maybe HALF the length that the fire/flood goes? or HALF the DC cool down of the target ship?  OR half flooding time, and put a fire out?  All I know is, with the current meta being what it is(CRUISERS/BB'S AND DD'S STARTING FIRES) it is NOT uncommon for a BB to have 3 fires, put them out and IMMEDIATELY have 3 fires again... so I think having say the cruisers or DD's having the ability to put them out would be awesome.  And the fact that they would burn their DC and put it on cool down would make them have to have some strategery (thats a word I promise) too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
Just now, dmckay said:

This has been mentioned often.  Is a team mate gonna stop in the heat of battle to do this?  I dunno.  Maybe. Maybe not.  I know in tanks a team mate will sometimes push you back upright if you have rolled over IF he can do it without risk to himself. 

Well I mean in another tank game, whose name is not to be mentioned here, you can assist in repairs and people do it... and thats randoms too, I dunno.  Hopeful I guess?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
527
[MIA-P]
Members
2,173 posts
10,908 battles

On one hand, I love this idea and have wanted it in game for ages.  On the other hand, it could make some divisions and CB BBs nigh unkillable.  Teamwork is great, but teamwork is also OP :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
15 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I think I brought this subject up in Alpha, and have discussed it in my clan but was curious.  Has WG looked into "Assisted DC?"  Case in point, a BB is flooding/burner, a Destroyer or Cruiser pulls along side and inside a certain area of influence hit's their "R" key and put's out the BB's fire/flooding?  You would get XP/Credits for helping a team mate.  I know, I know, crazy to think that players in a random battle would work together.... But Just a thought.  I think it would change a game dynamic A LOT.

Destroyers and Cruisers both have lower DC cooldowns. This really only benefits BBs and they're, on the whole, already far too strong. So no thanks.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281
[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

There was a World of Tanks game mode where a tank shot healing rounds, and as the heavy hitter was taking hits, light tanks supporting the heavy tank could keep the heavy tank alive by shooting it with healing rounds.

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
Members
4,725 posts
8,129 battles
Just now, thegamefilmguruman said:

On one hand, I love this idea and have wanted it in game for ages.  On the other hand, it could make some divisions and CB BBs nigh unkillable.  Teamwork is great, but teamwork is also OP :Smile_teethhappy:

YES!  It's just not fair to have to play a red team that actually works together and cooperates. I mean that is like CRAZY. Totally unfair. :Smile_glasses:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
3 minutes ago, thegamefilmguruman said:

On one hand, I love this idea and have wanted it in game for ages.  On the other hand, it could make some divisions and CB BBs nigh unkillable.  Teamwork is great, but teamwork is also OP :Smile_teethhappy:

I think if you make it so that it burns your own DC and puts it on cool down, and ONLY on cruisers/DD's,  I don't think "unkillable" would be likely.  PLUS I think it would start to make some people actually focus on certain ships first, not just the BB's cause ya know, I've seen people shooting at BB's at 18km's and ignoring the DD's and Cruisers under 10....  :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
4 minutes ago, w4spl3g said:

Destroyers and Cruisers both have lower DC cooldowns. This really only benefits BBs and they're, on the whole, already far too strong. So no thanks.

I don't see how BB's are far too strong....  I've seen PLENTY of BB's get burned to the water in a very short time from becoming primary, AND when you consider at higher tier's, with current MM being 5 DD's, 4 cruisers and then only a few BB's...  I haven't seen the BB's as OP or too strong....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
4 minutes ago, dmckay said:

YES!  It's just not fair to have to play a red team that actually works together and cooperates. I mean that is like CRAZY. Totally unfair. :Smile_glasses:

RIGHT!?  Lord forbid we have teamwork!? :cap_popcorn:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I don't see how BB's are far too strong....  I've seen PLENTY of BB's get burned to the water in a very short time from becoming primary, AND when you consider at higher tier's, with current MM being 5 DD's, 4 cruisers and then only a few BB's...  I haven't seen the BB's as OP or too strong....

That is actually the point of fires and flooding. They already have innate fire resistance and insane torpedo belts (56% damage reduction on Musashi anyone?). Some of them have insane heals too and you can heal back most of fire damage. All this while having the best HP pools armor and guns in the game. They don't need buffs. At all. Ever.

Edited by w4spl3g
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Members
3 posts
2,253 battles

There are ships that provide repair functions, so I see no problem with a a Heal/Repair type capability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
1 minute ago, w4spl3g said:

That is actually the point of fires and flooding. They already have innate fire resistance and insane torpedo belts (56% damage reduction on Musashi anyone?). Some of them have insane heals too and you can heal back most of fire damage. All this while having the best HP pools armor and guns in the game. They don't need buffs. At all. Ever.

Um 1 BB line (and the least played line mind you) has the insane heal, I don't know what you're talking about when you say "innate fire resistance" BB's don't have less fire resistance than any other class, infact they have a higher chance of being set on fire because they have more surface area which means a bigger area for shells to land no which mean's more chance for fire...  I would agree that torp reduction is bad right now as I have NOT seen a "Liquidator" awarded in a LONG time.  Look I am talking about something that would help the player base PLAY BB's.  I mean right now, because of the torpedo spam and the HE spam, MOST (I would say upwards of 75%) of BB drivers sit in the back and watch the cruisers tank for THEM.

This is frustrating and annoying.  Especially since I am NOT one of those people, though I have started to shift to that as you don't get support when you are a pusher often.  I have myself been burned down VERY quickly on several occasions.  And I have started pulling 4 point skills off captains and started respec'ing for "Fireproof" as a result.  I watched a GK play correctly and push just yesterday, the other team had 2 Worcesters and several DD's and he just got burned  to the water he had 100K HP and was gone in a very short time.

I think your argument that BB's are "OP" isn't quite spot on.  Can they one shot a cruiser? YES, if the cruiser is dumb, can they one shot a DD, not typically, and with the new DD changes coming it'll be harder for BB's to deal massive dmg to DD's.  I don't think something to help a BB's staying power would be a problem.

Perhaps I am wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
Just now, airbornebob said:

There are ships that provide repair functions, so I see no problem with a a Heal/Repair type capability.

What? Where?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[REVY]
Members
1,261 posts
8,924 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

What? Where?

believe he means during operations....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
Just now, Lord_Slayer said:

believe he means during operations....

 

4 minutes ago, airbornebob said:

There are ships that provide repair functions, so I see no problem with a a Heal/Repair type capability.

Ah, I see, I'm talking randoms specifically!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
Members
4,725 posts
8,129 battles

Just one thing.  If you are a repair ship that stops to put out a fire and the enemy can target you well then your family is going to get a telegram that goes something like this:

"The War Department regrets to inform you that.....etc.etc."

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Alpha Tester
257 posts
9,498 battles
1 minute ago, dmckay said:

Just one thing.  If you are a repair ship that stops to put out a fire and the enemy can target you well then your family is going to get a telegram that goes something like this:

"The War Department regrets to inform you that.....etc.etc."

Well, here's the thing, I think you should be able to drive by someone and hit the "R" and have this take effect for a circle around the ship.  I would HOPE that WG wouldn't make this a park for "X seconds" kind of deal.  That would DEFINITELY make it pointless as both would take dmg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,298
[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,499 posts
15,415 battles

Often brought up and rejected not needed. The repair option added into the scenarios is as close as youll get and in those matches it is needed since no 7 ships is going to survive a 3 or 4 to 1 battle without it!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
Members
4,725 posts
8,129 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Well, here's the thing, I think you should be able to drive by someone and hit the "R" and have this take effect for a circle around the ship.  I would HOPE that WG wouldn't make this a park for "X seconds" kind of deal.  That would DEFINITELY make it pointless as both would take dmg.

How much more time would healing burning ships add to the length of the match? Might want to consider that. Maybe.  

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,032
Members
4,725 posts
8,129 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Often brought up and rejected not needed. The repair option added into the scenarios is as close as youll get and in those matches it is needed since no 7 ships is going to survive a 3 or 4 to 1 battle without it!

Ya you have the ability to put out fires now. Is another way to put em out needed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×