You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Gneisenau013

0.7.8 - Public Test Feedback

77 comments in this topic

[WGA]
Administrator, Developers
1,304 posts
7,327 battles

Ahoy Public Testers!

Please provide feedback on the following items on this session of the Public Test!

World of Warships Anniversary
Ranked Battles
French Cruisers
Interface

For reporting bugs, please post those items here:

#anchorsaweigh

[ZR]
Members
5 posts
12,276 battles

For the UI scaling i feel like it has no significant change (it doesn't make big difference to the original scale)

Can we have maybe like 50% UI scaling for the lowest setting and maybe around 125% for the largest? Just curious.

[5IN]
Members
53 posts
9,298 battles

Sorry...but I really cannot get past the issues with the PTS server enough to really evaluate the patch itself. I guess the reload booster is a neat idea, but it just seemed useless in game. But I really can't tell because my ping was so horrible. The gameplay was almost like a slideshow, and that was even after I lowered the graphics settings on my PC. The worst part about the PTS is the in port UI...it is even worse than ever. Adding modules and upgrades and all else to a ship was exceeding laborious...with some actions actually taking seconds to get a response on screen. I do not have these ping and port UI issues to nearly this extent on my regular client.

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts

So far unimpressed by reload booster on French guns.  Its just too short to get off more than a couple salvos, assuming their are no interruptions (like turret traverse).  Perhaps a much longer action time (say 30 seconds) with a more modest reload boost would be popular.

Edit:  After moving up to the Henri IV, the booster is more useful but still very situational weapon.  I found that after my second salvo, an immediate exit maneuver was necessary before an enemy could retrain his guns on my weakly armored cruiser.  If the booster's action time is to remain the same, I think an upgrade module would have to be made available for it to be a desirable consumable choice.   

Edited by ancientpistol
updated comment
  • Cool 2

[WOLF9]
Members
8,951 posts
4,184 battles

I really don't like the change in "UI scaling??"  The UI sizing was fine; now much less fits on the screen.

For instance, in the 3 or 4  row setting on the port carousel, in 0.7.7 nine ship icons fit across my screen.  In 0.7.8 PT only seven.  All features are larger.

I tried playing with the settings and got it a little better, but not enough.  (I think it initialized to 1600xsomething).

Monitor native resolution: 1920x1200 (16:10).  Setting this manually or to automatic makes no difference.

NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Edit:  [I thought I'd updated this already.]  The scaling slidebar works fine, now that I've actually found it.  Sorry for the downbote.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 1

[TF_16]
[TF_16]
Members
32 posts
7,648 battles

What can i say !!!  the game just gets better and better .......  !!!   nice job !! love the game ....     (((world of war ships)))  can you all go to world of warplanes and give them some help ??? 2.0 sucks )))

[KSD]
Members
926 posts
5,464 battles

French Cruisers

I dont really get the point of having just a 15 second reload boost? you can use it just to get 2 salvos out in the time of 1. thats basically it and you might just really use it if you're dying and just want to inflict max damage.... that slot can be used better by better things.

Ranked Battles

Please change the ship tier required for the ranked battles. The clan battle season just got over and literally everyone is bored of playing tier 10 ships 4 days out of 7 a week. Please dont make ranked battle just a revenue maker for Wargaming, we like to have fun too. if you want reference, then you can go to any youtube world of warships streaming channel, and you can see that everyone is bored of playing tier 10's. Many people might have a burnout and just leave the game.... (if that's what you want)

A suggestion could be to include tier 6 in the ranked battles. It has a lot of fun ships with firepower too, and could make for an interesting matches.

Anniversary

can we have some cool camo's for some lower tier ships too? as I said no one wants to keep playing tier 10 7 days a week, and what use is a special camo if you get bored of tier 10 ships and want to go to lower tier and have fun. The meaning of a cool camo just got lost in wargamings search for revenue builders.

Edited by lungiwear
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[STURM]
Alpha Tester
2,215 posts
13,439 battles

Love the reload boost on the French ships, has massive burst potential, good stuff.

But! you can't actually get the reward for win 5 battles, because it takes only 4 wins in tier 10 ships to get to R1 on the PTS

• Funny 1

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,492 posts
15,387 battles

I will give you some feed back if the PT 7.8 ever finishes downloading so far 12 hours in and only 15% into to 16000 mbs Ridiculous and once again having my 7.7 game client hijacked so I can not even play WoWs while this PT stuff downloads!

[TAC-B]
Beta Testers
139 posts
10,564 battles

A comment on the value of a "Reload Boost" that works for 15 seconds.....

The words 'completely useless' come to mind.  Or 'worthless'.   You get one quick reload every couple minutes.  One extra broadside.  Big whoop.

In the DDs, torp reload boost gives them torpedo damage potential in a few seconds that would have taken them 60-90 seconds to achieve (i.e. however long their next reload would have taken, absent the boost).  If you are trying to make this analogous to DD torp boosts, it should speed up about 60-90 seconds of damage potential for the cruisers as well.

Further, to nerf the baseline reload of any ship, based on its ability to access one extra broadside every few minutes is very, very inadvisable.  I don't play the upper tier French cruisers, so I don't have a dog in this hunt, but if the idea was to make the upper tier French cruisers better in hopes they will be more popular....I'd suggest serious tweaks to the approach.

• Angry 1

[DPI]
Members
48 posts

Anniversary:

Anniversary stuff is nice. Who doesn't like free stuff. Dasha as a commander is nice too. Would have been even nicer if she would have different languages for each nation. Wouldn't mind the accent. I got an error the first time I wanted to buy US Dasha for 2nd time. Question is should that even be possible? Tried it for other nations and could not reproduce the error, meaning i could buy several for the same nation.  Without Specifications this is really hard to test. Also when you buy Camo's, Patches or Flags there is no sound effect like when you buy a Commander. Bug or feature? 

Additional Content (Shipskin) Filter in Port:

Could not test it, since appart from the two skins you have to buy with copper (Rank 1) there are no other special skins on PTS. But i assume it is still not possible to mount those camo's and benefit from their perks when you have those filters active. Would have been nice if you could still use them but just not replace the looks with a Type 1, 2 or 5. Also still no filter for the French "The Maid of Orleans" Skin on Richelieu. I apreciate the artwork but it just feels wrong to see that much gold on a battleship,  sorry. 

Ranked Battles:

Don't like to see Tier VIII and X again. With the current Matchmaking that ignores player skill it is just a drag and already made me stop at Rank 10 in the last season.  The higher the Tier the worse it gets if the good and poor players are not distributed evenly between the two teams / sides. A lot of players these days seem to be out of their comfort zone in T8 and even more in T10.  T& or / would be way better, even if that would mean that certain Premiums should not be allow  to keep things balanced. The seasons with T6  and T8 only were far more enjoyable to me and I would like to see that again. It doesn't all have to be about Tier X! Due to the "crappy"... ahh sorry i mean random  Matchmaking i stopped playing ranked on the PTS after two games so can't provide any further feedback. 

French Cruisers:

So you nerf the relaod on  Charles Martel and Saint-Louis from 10sec to 12sec and in return give us a 15 second reload boost module with a cool down of 120/80 sec? Not a good trade. Both ships are not that powerful at all. Charles Martel already feels weak in T8. Saint-Louis is one of the few T9 that i actually like playing, but a 15sec reload boost every 2 min won't make it OP. But I guess we can't have nice T9 ships Like Saint-Louis and Alsace. 

A suggestion could be to include tier 6 in the ranked battles. It has a lot of fun ships with firepower too, and could make for an interesting matches

UI Scaling:

I play on a Ultrawide (3440x1440) Display and really like the ability to change the scaling. Good Job. Only minor cosmetic detail is that the ship Icons (top center) don't scale well:

200%

7V2eOJx.jpg

120%

ZCfvxu6.jpg

General Feedback: 

• Would also be very nice to see some updates on bugs that have been fixed with each PTS so we can test that too, for esample i am still waiting on an update on the Ship Rendering and Visibility Bug which is still a big Issue. While i like new free stuff i honestly would rather not have any events for a month but see some really annoying bugs/issues finally resolved. 
  • Some sort of comment post on the feedback we provide here would also be nice. Just so we know that our feedback is actually being read and we don't just waste our time. 
  • Funny 1

[TF77V]
Members
14 posts
8,664 battles

In port trying to upgrade US BB Iowa to Montana, but with the ship list set at 4 rows of ships in the modules display there is no Montana to upgrade to. Change the ship list to 2 rows and the Montana shows up. A minor irritation. Perhaps switching to 2 rows of ships automatically if the modules, signals, or cammo  list gets too long.

There is a building going up in Austin near I35 downtown. It seems to have red and white "razzle dazzle" cammo on the sides. Is this a coincidence with an Austin office opening or is it your building? 

Members
10 posts
9,230 battles

When focus selecting ships that use manual secondaries, you now have to click on the ship directly, instead of any part of the ship icon. It's a very much smaller target and a lot more difficult to select in the heat of battle.

Why??

[TDG]
Members
1,650 posts
8,055 battles
1 hour ago, CageyBee1954 said:

Please standardize the consumables buttons so they are the same buttons for all ships. 

Or at least make this something we can select per ship.

• Funny 1

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts
11 hours ago, lungiwear said:

Ranked Battles

Please change the ship tier required for the ranked battles. The clan battle season just got over and literally everyone is bored of playing tier 10 ships 4 days out of 7 a week. Please dont make ranked battle just a revenue maker for Wargaming, we like to have fun too. if you want reference, then you can go to any youtube world of warships streaming channel, and you can see that everyone is bored of playing tier 10's. Many people might have a burnout and just leave the game.... (if that's what you want)

A suggestion could be to include tier 6 in the ranked battles. It has a lot of fun ships with firepower too, and could make for an interesting matches.

Ranked normally starts at Tier VIII, then switches to Tier X at Rank 5 (or 4, can't remember exactly).  Although I would like to see another tier added for new players (say tier VI for Ranks 223 to 16), the present arrangement seems equitable for all.

[TDY]
Members
7 posts
7,381 battles

UI Scaling

Some players -like myself- do not have a good screen resolution (mine is 1366x768), and it brings some problems:

In some ships that have lots of different consumables on the same slot, some are inaccesible because are off-screen. This problem appears in spanish, I've tried the english version and it enables me to access radar, but not premium radar on Edinburgh.

There is also another problem ingame when you collect too many different ribbons, and they end on top of the priority target indicator, so you don't know anymore how many ships are targetting you.

Can we please have a Decrease UI Scaling? The actual only goes above 100%, and cheap computers/laptops needs tops 80-90%.

o3qmhfmj7xd11.jpg

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts
5 hours ago, navydataman said:

In port trying to upgrade US BB Iowa to Montana, but with the ship list set at 4 rows of ships in the modules display there is no Montana to upgrade to. Change the ship list to 2 rows and the Montana shows up. A minor irritation. Perhaps switching to 2 rows of ships automatically if the modules, signals, or cammo  list gets too long.

You just have to scroll down to see your researchable ship.  I learned this after stacking my ships in port 3 deep.

[FOG]
Members
457 posts
5,534 battles

I found three bugs:

1) Could not "designate" [control-left click] on either planes or ships

2) In the Summary Sheet the bottom portion of the "Highest Scores" section was cut off with only the top line being displayed

3) During one battle the minimap did not show either a teammate or an enemy that was being engaged

[FOG]
Members
457 posts
5,534 battles
5 hours ago, The_Incomparable_Giacomo said:

When focus selecting ships that use manual secondaries, you now have to click on the ship directly, instead of any part of the ship icon. It's a very much smaller target and a lot more difficult to select in the heat of battle.

Why??

Interesting......I could not seem to select them at all as well as planes by clicking on the usual places....

[DARTH]
[DARTH]
Alpha Tester
119 posts
10,704 battles

Could not "designate" [control-left click] on either planes or ships, found this to be annoying.

I did like the chance to use 3840 x 2160 screen resolution.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,492 posts
15,387 battles

After almost 2 full days of downloading I was able to get in one battle before having to pause for lunch! First co op battle A Draw!

Back to the fray!

[DBL-D]
Members
7 posts
5,295 battles

The UI scaling is really nice, and the new consumable for the French cruiser line really doesn't change the playstyle of the cruiser or the game in any way.

However... I hate this ranked season. It is more of the same and nothing has really changed. Yeah having tier V for the final rank is cool, but starting at tier VIII and the going X is just boring. Its the same gameplay that most of everybody plays on all the time for every competitive aspect of the game. It is just boring. Ranked has not changed, and there will probably be a lot of people who just don't play it again for another season, because we are just getting more of the same. 

• Funny 1

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts

I know this is unrelated, but one UI change I would love to see is the ability to stack filters (daily bonus, captain, elite, etc.).  Also, the filters don't actually hide the ships in port, it just dims them.  So on every return to port you must scroll through all the dimmed ships to get to the ones you want (and the ones you would have liked to hide).  This seems minor, but it happens EVERY TIME the player returns to port.  Filters could give the player the opportunity to set up his port for the days missions, ships that need work, or just his or her favorites.  Seems an easy way to make players happy.

Edited by ancientpistol