You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KamiSamurai

0.7.8 Public Test Bug Reports

82 comments in this topic

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
13,196 battles

Greetings Captains!

The 0.7.8 Public Test is now starting, so please provide any bug reports you may encounter here. 

Please also check out Wacko's little guide on how to report a bug here: 

Spoiler

If you're fairly certain you've encountered a bug, we'd like to encourage you to submit it to the Game Support section of the WoWS ticket queues, within section where bugs are asked for, or to create a post within this sub-forum.

Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

I do ask that you please provide any and all information that you can when reporting an issue. 

Something that I have noticed that really helps in tracking this sort of thing is if you fill out the following information: 

Issue: This is where you should explain the problem that you're having.

Expected Result: Tell us what should be happening.
How to Replicate: Give us examples on
 how to reproduce this bug.
Screenshots/Replay/Supporting Info: Screenshots and Replays go a long way, so having this ready to go will really help. 

Just some friendly reminders of what a bug is NOT:

An aspect of game design that you disagree with ("This ship needs to be buffed" "That ship needs to be nerfed" "The ocean is the wrong shade of blue")
Items that you feel are missing from your account (almost always this is a problem with your payment method for premium stuff or an interface confusion for the rest)
Historical Inaccuracies
Issues related to your installed mods. - Remove your mods, if you gave any, and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit.
We reserve the right to add to this list :trollface :

Forgot to mention, Remove your mods and try again before sending in a bug report as mods tend to be the culprit. 

For each report please attach the python.log file from your Public Test client. That will help us to better understand the nature of the issue you're experiencing.

If possible, it would be perfect if you could attach our Special Public Test version WGCheck tool report ( you can find the tool attached to this message). 

You can find the instructions on how to use that tool here(instructions are given for the live server, however, they will be identical to Public test): 

Spoiler

Below I have included a download link to our WG Check tool. This diagnostic tool can be used for World of Tanks, World of Warships, and World of Warplanes.

This tool can be used as a way to run a diagnostic check on your game client, check to see if you're missing any game files (it will try and repair them if possible), and to gather necessary information our support team might need to address any tech/bug related issues. 

Once you have downloaded it, open the zip file and run the WGCheck.exe. After it has launched, please select the World of Warships icon and locate its directory. The default location is **C:\Games\World_of_Warships**

- Check the box labeled, *Add game client to the firewall exceptions*.

- Check the box labeled, *Extended network diagnostics*.

- Start the integrity check by selecting the orange *Start Diagnostics* button.

Be patient, it will take some time to finish.

In many instances, this should repair or at the very least diagnose what issue you may be having. 

If it doesn't resolve your issue, then I would like to ask that you please submit a support ticket to our CS team and please send us the WGCheck log that generates after the program has completed its check.

If the file size is too large for the support system, you may have to place it within a .zip file.

Lastly, if you have any mods installed on your PC, please remove them and run the check tool again (check your game client as well to see if removing the mod helped) before sending your info to us here in support. 

WGCheckQA_EN.zip

[SSN]
Members
271 posts
12,458 battles

I went to select the St Petersburg port. the game crashed. i tried to screen cap the displayed error, but that was not for reason successful.   WGCheckQA_En files attached. there was a .zip file but it is way too large for an upload.

WoWS_report.wgc

relaunched the game... 2nd try to change the port was successful.

Edited by Lancer240
added info

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
13,196 battles
18 minutes ago, Lancer240 said:

I went to select the St Petersburg port. the game crashed. i tried to screen cap the displayed error, but that was not for reason successful.   WGCheckQA_En files attached. there was a .zip file but it is way too large for an upload.

WoWS_report.wgc

relaunched the game... 2nd try to change the port was successful.

Thanks for the report.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
223 posts
3,164 battles

i cant get the arsenal to load it starts loading and just never loads

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.08.02 - 11.21.13.76.png

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles

When I loaded into the game it had the UI scaled to max even though I have a 1920x1200 monitor (which the game has no trouble recognizing).  I tried the "define" button which I assumed was the auto calculate that it talked about in the public test article.  It just set it to max again.  So there is definitely something wrong with the auto calculate on start and maybe the define button for my monitor resolution at least.

For reference what it looks like on start vs normal scaling in the normal client (about 1/4 or 1/3 on the bar when I do it myself on PT).

terrible UI scaling.png

normal UI scaling.png

Edit: I messed around with it a bit and it seems like roughly 105% is right not the 150% that it gave me on launch.  100% is definitely too small and 110% is slightly bigger than normal.

Edited by mrh308

[ZR]
Beta Testers
1,134 posts
13,196 battles
2 hours ago, mrh308 said:

When I loaded into the game it had the UI scaled to max even though I have a 1920x1200 monitor (which the game has no trouble recognizing).  I tried the "define" button which I assumed was the auto calculate that it talked about in the public test article.  It just set it to max again.  So there is definitely something wrong with the auto calculate on start and maybe the define button for my monitor resolution at least.

For reference what it looks like on start vs normal scaling in the normal client (about 1/4 or 1/3 on the bar when I do it myself on PT).

terrible UI scaling.png

normal UI scaling.png

Edit: I messed around with it a bit and it seems like roughly 105% is right not the 150% that it gave me on launch.  100% is definitely too small and 110% is slightly bigger than normal.

Can you please do the Wgcheck and post the results. 

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts

The General News announcement and the in-game combat mission offer rewards for ranked battle victories in Tier X ships.  Selecting Ranked battles restricts players to Tier VIII ships.  Am I missing something?

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
4 minutes ago, ancientpistol said:

The General News announcement and the in-game combat mission offer rewards for ranked battle victories in Tier X ships.  Selecting Ranked battles restricts players to Tier VIII ships.  Am I missing something?

Like normal ranked you have to play the tier 8s first and then tier 10s.  You start at rank five and at rank 4 you start using tier 10.

18 minutes ago, KamiSamurai said:

Can you please do the Wgcheck and post the results. 

WoWS_report.wgc

[WOLF5]
Members
724 posts
24,544 battles

The audio for opening the Wows Birthday containers is out of sync with the animation. Audio is a good 1 to 2 seconds before the effects on screen. 

[FFLY]
Members
80 posts
11 minutes ago, h9k_a said:

The audio for opening the Wows Birthday containers is out of sync with the animation. Audio is a good 1 to 2 seconds before the effects on screen. 

And presumably WG will come up with audio more appropriate than the sound of locks and hinges.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles

Combat missions, Reward on Main Account 4 does not show what ship(s) are required. Am I missing something here?

[-TXT-]
Beta Testers
1,590 posts
17,823 battles
4 hours ago, mrh308 said:

terrible UI scaling.png

normal UI scaling.png

This for me as well.  It was like the game was totally ignoring my 1920x1200 settings in the game.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
1 hour ago, h9k_a said:

yeah had this issue too.  I also had a container that didn't come up the elevator the whole way.  Some serious lag going on with the container openings.  

6 minutes ago, CageyBee1954 said:

Using cntl+lmb does not set priority target on aircraft.

It does but I was having major issues getting it to work consistently.  It often took a dozen clicks to get it to stick.  Was not an issue earlier in the day just the last couple games.

24 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Combat missions, Reward on Main Account 4 does not show what ship(s) are required. Am I missing something here?

Its the two you buy in the arsenal.  Edinburgh is the Arctic and Z23 is bottom of the ocean.

broken elevator.png

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,762 posts
10,986 battles
11 minutes ago, mrh308 said:

Its the two you buy in the arsenal.  Edinburgh is the Arctic and Z23 is bottom of the ocean.

broken elevator.png

Thanks mrh, that should be in the requirements though.

Members
9 posts
3,205 battles

The IGN and USA ships are the only ones that are not "ghosted" in the port.  You can select and play them, but they do not display correctly.  I have attached a screenshot of this.

shot-18.08.02_20.09.14-0402.jpg

[WOLF9]
Members
8,951 posts
4,184 battles
11 hours ago, mrh308 said:

When I loaded into the game it had the UI scaled to max even though I have a 1920x1200 monitor (which the game has no trouble recognizing). 

I have the same problem.  In PT client 7 ship icons fit across the bottom.  In live client 9 fit.  Both report the same resolution, but objects in PT are ~20% larger.

WGCheck attached.

WoWS_report.wgc

Edit: Turned the scaling down to 100% and it's almost back to what it was.  Now 8 1/2 icons fit.  I can live with this.

Edited by iDuckman

[INTEL]
Members
10,029 posts
28,181 battles

image.thumb.png.cc626afa197ccd6602074cd25c749186.png

What was I issued??? lololol

UPDATE: now happened to me twice.

Edited by Taichunger

[INTEL]
Members
10,029 posts
28,181 battles

image.thumb.png.58b806465c94d53ebe6de8e08718739b.png

In fact this seems to be a drawing bug for items in that location. Happened differently here.

[INTEL]
Members
10,029 posts
28,181 battles

Sorry but Ranked on the PTS is every bit as stupid and aggravating and pointless and unrewarding as Ranked on the regular server. No thanks. 

Members
22 posts
5,872 battles

Manual aiming doesnt work on this update.... tried it on two different ships.   I have it on several ships on the regular wow and it works fine.

[-BMV-]
Members
380 posts
7,247 battles
10 hours ago, ksgeezer said:

The IGN and USA ships are the only ones that are not "ghosted" in the port.  You can select and play them, but they do not display correctly.  I have attached a screenshot of this.

You have it filtered to only show IJN and USN ships.  Change your filter.

[STURM]
Alpha Tester
2,215 posts
13,439 battles

You can't get the win 5 battles in tier X ships in ranked battles reward, because it only takes 4 wins to get to rank 1 on the PTS.

As you can see in the screenshots, i have the Edinburgh ice camo, which is only available at R1, but i can't actually get the mission done, because R1 is tier 5.

shot-18.08.03_17.32.15-0262.jpg

shot-18.08.03_17.40.55-0250.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
13 hours ago, CageyBee1954 said:

Using cntl+lmb does not set priority target on aircraft.

Noticed this myself.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,804 posts
7,044 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Sorry but Ranked on the PTS is every bit as stupid and aggravating and pointless and unrewarding as Ranked on the regular server. No thanks. 

There's no reason for this vitriolic level of negativity, but I will agree that the effort for below-average to average players is probably not worth the reward for this mission. In my case, I have limited playing time and higher priorities on the live server.