You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thirsty13_CCW

Clan Battles Match Making

41 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
192 posts
6,752 battles

What we have here is the last match of an advancement round where TF-62 is trying to advance into Gale League from Squall league. And who does MM choose to pair them with? A Hurricane League team with 6 rank one players and 1 rank 7 player. Needless to say it was one sided. Match making should simply not under any circumstances be placing teams from Squall into matches with Hurricane. Especially in an advancement round. That's the whole point of having the various leagues after all.

A clan member submitted a ticket to WG and received the following:

SOLVED
Hello, dear ********

Thank for your contacting.

This situation could occur if there were not too many clans available for creating the battle.

Should you have any further concerns, questions or problems, feel free to get back to us at any time.

Needless to say this is complete and utter bull. So I'm hoping to spur some discussion here and maybe get WG to listen to reason.

MM_ftl.thumb.jpg.25dc2960ec3e3fd3aa14c983332ff260.jpg

Edited by Ski206

[SCCC]
Members
236 posts
13,930 battles

There is only so many teams playing and very few in the top leagues.  If they were only matched in their own leagues they would only have 4 other teams to play against which is painful to everyone if they even even match up at all.  Thus, teams can be matched outside of their league so that everyone gets faster matches and much better rewards for punching above thier weight.  If you win against a higher ranked opponent you receive far more points than a lower ranked team.  If they win, they receive very few points. 

[TF-62]
Members
192 posts
6,752 battles
15 minutes ago, rabidrabit said:

There is only so many teams playing and very few in the top leagues.  If they were only matched in their own leagues they would only have 4 other teams to play against which is painful to everyone if they even even match up at all.  Thus, teams can be matched outside of their league so that everyone gets faster matches and much better rewards for punching above thier weight.  If you win against a higher ranked opponent you receive far more points than a lower ranked team.  If they win, they receive very few points. 

I'm sorry but that's bull. Especially in an elimination round. Otherwise lets just ditch the leagues and make it like Random battles where anyone can get matched with anyone. I'd very happily trade a smaller pool of teams and longer MM times for fair MM. Hurricane on Squall is in no possible way a fair match.

[-K-]
Members
1,133 posts
7,812 battles

I highly suspect you played their bravo squad which was in a league closer to yours.  Our Typhoon clan has seen nothing but Storm, Typhoon and Hurricane teams for the past few weeks, even with the MM timer runs to 3+ minutes.  I don't think it's actually possible for their Hurricane ranked team (Alpha for example), to play a team in Squall or Gale unless they are playing with their lower ranked squad (Bravo for example, which may still be down in Squall or Gale).

Edited by RightYouAreKen
  • Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
236 posts
13,930 battles
31 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I highly suspect you played their bravo squad which was in a league closer to yours.  Our Typhoon clan has seen nothing but Storm, Typhoon and Hurricane teams for the past few weeks, even with the MM timer runs to 3+ minutes.  I don't think it's actually possible for their Hurricane ranked team (Alpha for example), to play a team in Squall or Gale unless they are playing with their lower ranked squad (Bravo for example, which may still be down in Squall or Gale).

This is true as well.  Or should I say Right you are Ken!

Edited by rabidrabit
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,216 posts
14,274 battles

I agree with Ken's assessment, you most likely encountered them leveling up their Bravo rating. It's a highly annoying side effect of the new two-rating system for both you (since you have to fight super hard opponents) and them (since they'd rather be getting higher league rewards). I hope WG addresses this before next season.

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
16,128 battles

Looks like the same players I see from their Alpha....

I mean I see Show_me_your_cits and Bwray in that lineup.

Could still be Bravo but who the hell knows at this point lol

[-K-]
Members
1,133 posts
7,812 battles
Just now, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Looks like the same players I see from their Alpha....

I mean I see Show_me_your_cits and Bwray in that lineup.

Could still be Bravo but who the hell knows at this point lol

Players aren't assigned to Alpha or Bravo.  It's a selection for the div at the time of battle launch.  The same players could switch back and forth between Alpha and Bravo every game if they wanted to just by flipping the setting on the div.

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
16,128 battles
2 minutes ago, RightYouAreKen said:

Players aren't assigned to Alpha or Bravo.  It's a selection for the div at the time of battle launch.  The same players could switch back and forth between Alpha and Bravo every game if they wanted to just by flipping the setting on the div.

So maybe the players who normally run Alpha decided to play Bravo?

So your not facing Alpha just the players who normally run it.

[-K-]
Members
1,133 posts
7,812 battles
Just now, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

So maybe the players who normally run Alpha decided to play Bravo?

So your not facing Alpha just the players who normally run it.

Yep, could absolutely be, for whatever reason they decided.  Some reasons may be 1) to warm up, 2) to screw around for fun, 3) to try a new strat or comp, or 4) to level up their secondary squad to get it into Typhoon so they can do 1-3 and still earn Typhoon rewards without risking their primary squad's ranking.

[AP]
Members
1,231 posts
13,223 battles

would be easier if someone from apoc is here to clear things up, but my guess is they are done/happy/dont want to touch their alpha rating, and has started to work on getting their bravo to typhoon for flag missions

ratings are calculated separated so technically you are fighting a "squall" or "gale" team

btw this again proves WG support has very little idea about what's going on in this game...

Edited by jason199506

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
16,128 battles
14 minutes ago, jason199506 said:

would be easier if someone from apoc is here to clear things up, but my guess is they are done/happy/dont want to touch their alpha rating, and has started to work on getting their bravo to typhoon for flag missions

ratings are calculated separated so technically you are fighting a "squall" or "gale" team

Im guessing they got tired of sitting in que.

Players want to play not sit idle.... and bravo que times last night were hardly even a minute.

Which i do not blame them I would not want to sit idle forever either.

It is also very very likely that it was just a warm up game before switching over to Alpha for the rest of the night.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,732 posts
10,984 battles

Que dumps are less of an issue to me than the late season hurricane league players in "new" clans seal clubbing the squall & gale league teams.

[B2P]
Beta Testers
145 posts
8,401 battles
2 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

That actually makes sense. I wasn't there at the time, but from what I heard from a team of my clan mates last night is they encountered two Typhoon clans from Group I. The first group was a loss of only -9 points, but the second group later during the night was another loss at around -20 points. They were running a training team in Storm Group III at that time. For me personally, I was wondering if we encountered some bug since the difference in points from two higher league groups.

But yeah, that could just been a Bravo team that's around Storm Group I or Typhoon Group III. I think WG should at least update the UI to at least display if the team is Alpha or Bravo (with their current standing). That way it can help reduce any confusion about MM or point loss/gain.

[SALVO]
Members
20,472 posts
20,321 battles
2 hours ago, RightYouAreKen said:

I also agree with this assessment that the OP's clan probably ran into a bravo team from APOC.

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
567 posts
14,078 battles

Take it as a learning experience for your clan.  You will be more likely to see your mistakes by getting punished by a more experienced team than you would one at your own level.  It is good practice for what you will see if you make it into the higher leagues.  This is my clans first season of clan battles, I did not expect any miracles and I take every match as a learning experience.

[-TXT-]
Beta Testers
1,590 posts
17,776 battles

Is it true that in regular clan battles you can get matched only with teams at your level +/-1, but when you are doing the best of 5 you can get matched with any team from any level?

Also, having Alpha and Beta teams has turned out to be a really bad idea that, as Edge has suggested, WG has to "fix" before next season.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
3 hours ago, Ski206 said:

What we have here is the last match of an advancement round where TF-62 is trying to advance into Gale League from Squall league. And who does MM choose to pair them with? A Hurricane League team with 6 rank one players and 1 rank 7 player. Needless to say it was one sided. Match making should simply not under any circumstances be placing teams from Squall into matches with Hurricane. Especially in an advancement round. That's the whole point of having the various leagues after all.

A clan member submitted a ticket to WG and received the following:

SOLVED
Hello, dear ********

Thank for your contacting.

This situation could occur if there were not too many clans available for creating the battle.

Should you have any further concerns, questions or problems, feel free to get back to us at any time.

Needless to say this is complete and utter bull. So I'm hoping to spur some discussion here and maybe get WG to listen to reason.

MM_ftl.thumb.jpg.25dc2960ec3e3fd3aa14c983332ff260.jpg

They could be leveling a bravo team, but chances of playin them again are somewhat low. If your in the struggle just win a game or two to get back up and do it again.

[TF-62]
Members
192 posts
6,752 battles

Several people have suggested this was the B group with A group players and hence their B group rated closer to us. My question then why didn't wargaming know that or suggest that? The ticket that was submitted indicated that a Hurricane clan was matched with a Storm clan and their response can only indicate that they find that kind of matchup perfectly accessible.

If what we honestly have here is a group going seal clubbing then that speaks to a completely different issue with the Clan Battles system.

[CUTE]
[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,784 posts
9,627 battles

what WG can do to solve this is make it so everyone can see both clan ratings so you can see what clan rating your playing. 

[APOC]
[APOC]
Beta Testers
620 posts
11,387 battles

That is infact our Bravo rating.

[-BRS-]
Beta Testers
123 posts
13,797 battles

It was definitely the B side. It was also probably in the 1st hour since Roxien is the DD at the time. Most of us are interchangeable and have played together since Supremacy League so you will get the same level of play from A or B. Remember we fielded 3 teams last season and at least 2 did Typhoon or better (can't remember if the 3rd team did or not?).