You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Trivial question about American Collection items.

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles

Unlike the Bismarck, Dunkirk and French collections*, this one has an open timeline. Therefore it would seem that the duplicates will NEVER be converted.

So... what happens when I complete my collection (as I did last night; the camo is great, by the way) with no duplicates remaining? Do the items just stop dropping? Or do I accumulate them forever if I don't turn the collection off?

(Which reminds me, I have the Yamamoto collection accumulating because I got two Yamamoto crates with my Steam-bundle Ishizuchi; I should go turn that back on now!)

* Necessary qualifier here: they DID have a closed timeline, but the timeline was reopened when the crates became available for coal. I feel sort of bad for those who bought the twin brothers of Jean-Jacques Honore and Jack Dunkirk solely because they missed out on the originals.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
856 posts
14,297 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Unlike the Bismarck, Dunkirk and French collections*, this one has an open timeline. Therefore it would seem that the duplicates will NEVER be converted.

So... what happens when I complete my collection (as I did last night; the camo is great, by the way) with no duplicates remaining? Do the items just stop dropping? Or do I accumulate them forever if I don't turn the collection off?

(Which reminds me, I have the Yamamoto collection accumulating because I got two Yamamoto crates with my Steam-bundle Ishizuchi; I should go turn that back on now!)

* Necessary qualifier here: they DID have a closed timeline, but the timeline was reopened when the crates became available for coal. I feel sort of bad for those who bought the twin brothers of Jean-Jacques Honore and Jack Dunkirk solely because they missed out on the originals.

Once it's collected it stop dropping of course.

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

The items have stop dropping in the normal containers.

Edit:   After I completed the American collection.

Edited by wtfovr

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
1 minute ago, wtfovr said:

Go to your "Collections" tab and open the one for the American Collection. Make sure it is still set to "collect". Sometimes after a patch/update, it turns itself off for some reason. 

[WOLF6]
Members
767 posts
4,879 battles

I guess my original post should have mentioned that It was after I completed the collection.   The collecting / not collecting switch is grayed out now.

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
3 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

Since I haven't completed the collection they are still dropping for me. Recieved a duplicate today.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
2 minutes ago, Sped_Gax said:

Since I haven't completed the collection they are still dropping for me. Recieved a duplicate today.

I haven't gotten any duplicates after completing the collection from normal "daily" crates ever. However sometimes there are events where you earn a collection container (there have been several over the past couple of months) for completing the mission. Also don't confuse "patches" with collection items. I routinely get a duplicate patch in daily containers. I think they pay out like 15k in credits when you get one. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
6 minutes ago, wtfovr said:

The collecting / not collecting switch is grayed out now.

Interesting. I will go look at that when I fire the game up tonight. It will be interesting to see, now that the American collection is complete, if the Yamamoto collection has turned itself back on.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Interesting. I will go look at that when I fire the game up tonight. It will be interesting to see, now that the American collection is complete, if the Yamamoto collection has turned itself back on.

You have to turn on the other collection manually. A collection will turn itself "off" once completed but to get another one going you have to turn it on, it won't start automatically. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
23 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

You have to turn on the other collection manually. A collection will turn itself "off" once completed but to get another one going you have to turn it on, it won't start automatically. 

This is what I was anticipating, but thank you for the extra incentive to make sure it's switched on before I start earning any more crates. (ETA: Done.)

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,442 posts
20,374 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

This is what I was anticipating, but thank you for the extra incentive to make sure it's switched on before I start earning any more crates.

Yeah always check that after an update. It does not affect everyone either, just does it sometimes. Probably a stray psychotic bit of code but I have seen posts here and on Reddit about it ever so often and always after an update. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
29 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah always check that after an update. It does not affect everyone either, just does it sometimes. Probably a stray psychotic bit of code but I have seen posts here and on Reddit about it ever so often and always after an update. 

Less of an issue here, since I was the one who had manually turned it off, but will be handy to remember when 0.7.8 rolls around.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,228 posts
14,300 battles

Once you complete a collection, its items stop dropping. If you've completed all random-container collection, you'll stop getting any drops at all.

This means that unless you're actually in a hurry to receive the collection reward, you should make a point of never buying any of the collection items with duplicates. This maximizes the time you'll continue receiving 15k credit bonus drops from duplicates in your containers. Eventually, you'll pull all the items in the collection, and they'll stop on their own.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
1 minute ago, Edgecase said:

Once you complete a collection, its items stop dropping. If you've completed all random-container collection, you'll stop getting any drops at all.

This means that unless you're actually in a hurry to receive the collection reward, you should make a point of never buying any of the collection items with duplicates. This maximizes the time you'll continue receiving 15k credit bonus drops from duplicates in your containers. Eventually, you'll pull all the items in the collection, and they'll stop on their own.

Point taken. I got a bit greedy here and wanted the camo quickly, just in case forever didn't mean that. But I'm going to let Yamamoto run to its own conclusion. 

The French, Dunkirk and Bismarck collections are another matter - who knows when Wargaming is going to rotate them out of the shop? I'm flogging coal hard for this reason, because I've got just one buy of five Dunkirk crates left before I get Jack. I was going after the other collections next, but 0.7.8 dev notes suggest they're going to offer the space commanders in the Arsenal (if I've read that correctly), and I know how pleased my kids would be if I could pick up the Fishy one.  Will be interesting, if that is the case, to see how much they go for.