You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Carbapenem_17

Tier X ship for ranked : Hindenburg, Worcester, Minotaur WHICH?

35 comments in this topic

[LHG]
[LHG]
Members
100 posts
7,413 battles

So I have no tier X ships at the moment for ranked battles and was hoping to grind one before the next season ends.

Hindenburg, Worcester, Minotaur are the three choices of ships that I am closest to getting.

Which is the most useful? Any suggestions?

[ZR]
Members
984 posts
12,146 battles
17 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

So I have no tier X ships at the moment for ranked battles and was hoping to grind one before the next season ends.

Hindenburg, Worcester, Minotaur are the three choices of ships that I am closest to getting.

Hindenburg would probably be the most solid and comfortable choice.  Radar mino and wooster are viable picks but are very team dependent.

Totally depends on you and what you are personally good at.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
807 posts
7,042 battles

Hindenburg and radar Mino. Mino over the the wostersauce as it has those nice torps.

[ISLA]
Beta Testers
362 posts
8,107 battles
21 minutes ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

The zao nothing to shrug off.  With her ability to stealth torp now i think she will be in a better spot then she was last season.   With the new buffs to the HIV she might be a good spot to this season.  I had some good games with her last season. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Looking at the Legendary Modules available to your 3 picks; Hindenburg. Probably the better ship to have for the long haul. 

Minotaur if you think there's going to be a fair number of CVs this season. And capable of playing DD if necessary. 

Worcester if you're consumable management is good. And you prefer staying at range. And also hate CVs. 

Minotaur and Worcester are coin flips. It depends if you prefer low probably, High Alpha + DoTs (torps; Minotaur) or high probably, low Alpha + DoTs (HE; Worcester)

Hindenburg on the other hand is a Heavy Cruiser capable of both AP, HE, and Torps. Te differences come down to consumable loadouts Smoke/Radar options, their concealment ratings, or whatever Higher Level cmdr you can place into it. 

[PNG]
Supertester, Beta Testers, Modder
5,783 posts
7,156 battles

The Hindenburg is the easiest to play and the hardest to counter. The Minotaur and Wooster will die if you make a single mistake. The Hindenburg can usually shrug it off.

[PRNA]
Members
288 posts
3,853 battles

In general? Hindy.

If you climb far enough up watch the meta carefully. If you start seeing a lot of Zao or Henri you may want to switch. Hindy is great, but one thing it's not great at is trying to burn down those two cruisers at ranges further than 13ish km. They dodge shells. You don't. It's not the worst fight ever, and you should have the option of disengaging, but watch out for them. If you see them a lot you may want to try the island game with Worcester or Minotaur.

Members
279 posts
72 battles
1 hour ago, Carbapenem_17 said:

I would say Hinden! Even tho there is a lot of strong ships they are almost always situational. You need to use smoke or islands to stay alive, Hinden kan spam fires from all ranges in open waters all game long and not just survive, also killing a lot of ships in the process. If you watch YT videos from guys like Flamu and such you always hear mentions of Hinden. Hinden is the exeption to most of the rules. You are a T10 tank, a firespammer and a DD hunter. Hinden is probably the only cruiser in game that can rush 2 T10 BBs and kill them.

If you want more tips on what that ship is capable of feel free to check out my Hinden playlist on my channel  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjTFH4vF-jnNdTSppCezDIw?view_as=subscriber

Try and do this kind of crapin Zao, Wooster, Minotaur or any of the other T10 cruisers?

[INTEL]
Members
7,125 posts
29,381 battles

Having all I would definitely say Hindenburg. Tanky, strong,  and fearless.

Mino and Wostersauce are way too fragile in my view. They can dakka-dakka with the best, radar is a plus, but if they are even looked at by, a BB they are history.

Another decent choice are Des Moines and Zao, but you did not include in the list. Even then I would pick Hindy.

Members
463 posts
9,130 battles

Hindenburg is my recommendation as a first T10 cruiser and especially for ranked.

Always welcome on a team, always able to contribute in any situation, forgiving for someone learning and a bully with an expert st the helm.

Has the smoothest learning curve with high initial effectiveness and extremely high top end.

[INTEL]
Members
10,055 posts
28,229 battles

Hindy for sure. How good are you at Atlanta and Helena? That will help you think about Wooster and Mino. But the light cruisers are very situational, and Wooster doesnt have torps (Mino torps are lethal). Hindy can yolo BBs with its glorious torps, and cit cruisers at 12-15 kms with its AP. It plays like a light, fast BB. At the ranges Ranked is fought at, Hindy is in its prime -- hard to cit close to a BB, and capable of dealing enormous damage. Its sonar is also useful when hunting DDs. If you are competent in BBs you will be ok in Hindy. 

Moreover, Worchester will be stuck fighting behind islands for most of the match, whereas Hindy can range the map. Mino seems awesome with smoke from which to hose other ships with AP, until the smoke runs out, and then you are just citadels waiting to happen. 

All in all, in Ranked, Hindy will be very powerful. 

• Cool 1

[-RNG-]
Members
260 posts
5,710 battles

You may have noticed a trend here... Hindy is THE king! 

I like the Zao allot for CB as well but can be very situational. 

[TOG]
Members
3,453 posts
18,290 battles
45 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Moreover, Worchester will be stuck fighting behind islands for most of the match, whereas Hindy can range the map. Mino seems awesome with smoke from which to hose other ships with AP, until the smoke runs out, and then you are just citadels waiting to happen. 

The DM is going to be doing the island waifu also. What you will also have to consider is the "save a star" meta that is going to be prevalent. That is going to be based on your damage output. So, CA's that have high DPM consistently at all ranges and tough to kill is desired. Zao and Hindy fit the bill.

You also have to consider the impact the presence of legendary mods also. Hindy and Zao legendary mods are straight upgrades.

Edited by Bill_Halsey

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
16,128 battles

Lot of Hinde votes I see... But yet Zao and Wooster outnumber Hindes 2-1 in CB right now

Honestly I have seen more More Moskvas than Hindes the past 2 weeks.

But if you are new to cruisers in CB go with the HInde because it does take more damage and requires less skill to play.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[TOG]
Members
3,453 posts
18,290 battles
21 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Lot of Hinde votes I see... But yet Zao and Wooster outnumber Hindes 2-1 in CB right now

In a meta where you are all cooperating..Zao and Wooster works well. In Ranked where you have 7 random people working and the "save a star" meta is over their heads?

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,912 posts
4,186 battles

Hindy, its a great all rounder. 

Min and Worc especially min take some pretty good skill to pull off properly. Min has tools for almost every occasion except long range radar. But her hydro more then makes up for that. 

[-BRS-]
Members
1,584 posts
16,128 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

In a meta where you are all cooperating..Zao and Wooster works well. In Ranked where you have 7 random people working and the "save a star" meta is over their heads?

LOL might help if i read the title ehh Bill  :fish_book:  For Ranked yeah Hinde

Members
2,443 posts
9,116 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

You also have to consider the impact the presence of legendary mods also. Hindy and Zao legendary mods are straight upgrades.

There are no legendary mods which are straight upgrades.  If you don’t see little tip with the nerf, it’s because the legendary mod replaces an essential mod that provides key buff to the ship.  In the case of Zao the gun range mod gets replaced with legendary that provides significantly less gun range.

[INTEL]
Members
1,342 posts
11,264 battles

Hindy.

Mino is very situational. She may carry hard or be insta-deleted. Lack of HE makes her an easy kill by a bow tanking cruiser or bb if she gets caught in the open.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,243 posts
14,314 battles

All three ships are competitive, but Mino and Worcester are much harder to play effectively. Go with Hindenburg if it's going to be your first Tier X.

[UEFN]
Members
856 posts
15,997 battles

It isn't going to matter, trust me. Whether you rank out or not it's totally up to random luck and MM.   I had almost 900+ battles last season and over 800 of them were stuck in premiere league (rank 5 to 2).  

Flip a coin and play whichever ship you have the most fun with.

[OO7]
Members
4,485 posts
11,046 battles

Hindy for sure, most forgiving. 

I used z52 and republique to rank out last season and will likely try zao this season. 

[INTEL]
Members
10,055 posts
28,229 battles
18 hours ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The DM is going to be doing the island waifu also. What you will also have to consider is the "save a star" meta that is going to be prevalent. That is going to be based on your damage output. So, CA's that have high DPM consistently at all ranges and tough to kill is desired. Zao and Hindy fit the bill.

Yes, I forgot about that. I think I commented last time that I noticed Hindies were keeping their stars more often, not only because of their damage output, but because being alive late game meant they can cap to increase base XP.