Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Billy2Hawks

Extended Break?

13 comments in this topic

[SANK]
Members
298 posts
6,004 battles

Yup, this event was literally my jumping the shark for this game. Yes this is a rant, to blow off steam. I have gotten to where I don't even want to log in. I tried last night, played a game or two, and tonight I bailed on a game before it ended. It was a rollover victory for the other team, it was not competitive, or close, or fun. What it was, was a waste of 7.5 minutes of my time.

I have had issues with team composition and RNG on shots. You know the kind of RNG where you shoot a cruiser from about 14KM hit amid ship and 3 of the shots bounce. Or the RNG where you shells literally land all around the ship but don't hit it. I have been having strings of games like that. You know the kind where you are shooting in the right place, but RNG has just decided you can't hit or do damage to anything.

Let's not get into retainability of players. I decided to actively recruit players a few weeks ago. We had 18 players, and it dropped to 16 because I kicked someone who had not logged in for about 130 days, and one left the Clan. Now I have 16 players. 5 of us have logged in in the past 2 weeks.

I have just started the T9 grind, and have been playing for a year. I have a crap load of premium ships and like 140 days of premium, and I just can't bring myself to log in, and am seriously considering being done with this game.

I don't have to win every game, but I would like it to be competitive, and easily 50% or more of my games are not competitive. The RNG even extends to how I try to play the game. Do I move forward? Well damn, all of my team is in the back, and the enemy is focus firing on me. Do I hang back? Oh look my team is rushing in and dying, and now the enemy is focus firing on me. What even sucks more, is that I cannot seem to find a decent tier either, this kind of RNG/Play seems to be prevalent through all of the tiers.

Let's not even get started on the Sharks event, which I am pretty sure will be an Eagles event in about another week. I would say that the event should have used RNG to place players on teams, but I am pretty sure that the RNG would have put 75% of players on Sharks anyways.

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles

I've been in co-op for over a month because I don't want to play with the kids out for summer. Give that a try.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,369 battles
1 hour ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I've been in co-op for over a month because I don't want to play with the kids out for summer. Give that a try.

I was going to suggest the same thing but some people really don't care for co-op at all. I just wanted to say that the daily missions are all doable in PvE so you can at least keep up with those to farm the rewards. It takes more battles to get the xp you need but it is fun, you hardly ever lose a match, and the games take around 5 minutes each to complete. Tier 8+ can be brutal economically speaking but the lower tiers are pretty profitable and you never need to use premium consumables or signal flags. Just remember in co-op you are competing against the other human players to farm damage, not against the bot team since all they do is get spanked almost every match.

Edited by Taylor3006

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

You suffer from a classic case of high expectations. You expect more from the game than it can give to you. Accept it for what it is without expecting the unlikely to occur and your feelings of dissatisfaction will "mysteriously" vanish. That, and it's probably for the best to take a break. Variety is the spice of life. A cliched quotation but very true nonetheless.

[POP]
Members
1,208 posts
15,064 battles
15 minutes ago, Hiroe said:

Variety is the spice of life.

I used to think the same thing, but it turns out that Saffron is actually the spice of life. Who knew?

Edited by Alabamastan
  • Funny 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
1 minute ago, Alabamastan said:

I used to think the same thing, but it turns out that Saffron is actually the spice of life. Who knew?

Whenever I hear that word I think of the Pokemon city. Saffron City!

Members
971 posts
18,486 battles
2 hours ago, Billy2Hawks said:

What even sucks more, is that I cannot seem to find a decent tier either, this kind of RNG/Play seems to be prevalent through all of the tiers.

No, not all the tiers. There's still a place where fun resides; where competition is stiff; where you are FAR less dependent of team mates' actions. A place of parity and pleasure. A place that costs nothing to enjoy and gives silver and containers, to boot. Sure, you won't progress through whatever the silly event of the week/month is, but you certainly WON'T put it all down and STILL not progress through whatever event is running. A place that will reinvigorate you to again choose that tier 9 American cruiser for another few, possibly frustrating rounds. You may even get to know the community there and be missed when you start spending time in other tiers. Where is this place? What is this game?

Tier 1 Random.

The fun never left, you did. Be like MacArthur and return!

nCrNWK8.jpg

Edited by theLaalaa
Punctuation, what else?
  • Boring 1

Alpha Tester
10,267 posts
4,606 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I was going to suggest the same thing but some people really don't care for co-op at all. I just wanted to say that the daily missions are all doable in PvE so you can at least keep up with those to farm the rewards. It takes more battles to get the xp you need but it is fun, you hardly ever lose a match, and the games take around 5 minutes each to complete. Tier 8+ can be brutal economically speaking but the lower tiers are pretty profitable and you never need to use premium consumables or signal flags. Just remember in co-op you are competing against the other human players to farm damage, not against the bot team since all they do is get spanked almost every match.

I've been grinding that damned Halsey chain in co-op and simultaneously doing the Yamato upgrade(and occasionally Montana too), and just grinding captain points. I've tried to mention that in Admiral what'shisnuts topic but I don't seem to be getting much traction there.

So: Tier 10 co-op for me is viable to make coins(at least with a premium account). It isn't going to be as efficient I reckon as a tier this/that random loss, but less blood pressure spikes.

Anything else I will defer to the PVE clanners numbers crunching if they so desire to shenaniganize them.

[WOLF3]
Members
19,741 posts
18,118 battles

If you're burning out, you either need to seriously change your WoWS habit for a while or truly take a break from the game.

Personally, I've come and gone from the game numerous times.  The longest was December 2015 - April 2016 (I missed out on Imp.Nikolai I and Mikhail Kutuzov's initial sales).  I've had breaks of several days to even a month.  Do other things.  Then come back.

For me, the madness in the quality of the teams has greatly upset me.  I thought I had seen in the past the worst skill and decision-making possible in the game, but the last few months have made the typical "Weekend Warriors" in the past look like Unicums.  I can look in Match Making Monitor and I am literally being buried by red stats surrounding me.  Almost my entire Battles played has been PVP, but it's gotten too stupid.  So in the last 2 months now, I've been doing Ops and Co-op, wondering if I want to ever play with the idiots in Randoms again.  Now, I'm not saying everything's perfect in Ops and Co-op.  Far from it.  But usually 1-2 decent players can pick up the slack of an entire team of idiots.  That doesn't happen in Randoms.

"How does one have 80+ battles in Scharnhorst and record a 23% Win Rate???"

How does one have lots of experience in Montana and average only 26k Damage, so low that people tell the guy to find some ship to Ram instead of actually fight.  He'd do more damage that way.

Those players are out there and more common than you want to believe.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,369 battles
29 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I've been grinding that damned Halsey chain in co-op and simultaneously doing the Yamato upgrade(and occasionally Montana too), and just grinding captain points. I've tried to mention that in Admiral what'shisnuts topic but I don't seem to be getting much traction there.

So: Tier 10 co-op for me is viable to make coins(at least with a premium account). It isn't going to be as efficient I reckon as a tier this/that random loss, but less blood pressure spikes.

Anything else I will defer to the PVE clanners numbers crunching if they so desire to shenaniganize them.

I too have been working on the Halsey campaign in co-op and without premium time, it is punishing economically. The only ship that I can reliably make credits with is my Missouri and as a cruiser main, I find her to be boring so I have kind of just given up on focusing on the campaign on the 4th leg of it. Just will take so much time that I don't think about it any more and focus on the daily missions instead. I try and remember to use Big MO once a day and figure eventually I will finish but am talking a year or better. I don't have any tier 10s and don't expect I will ever bother with anything beyond tier 8 on the tech tree. I have the tier 9 USN DD (Fletcher maybe?) but haven't used her since I finished upgrading her. I hate upper tier gameplay honestly, even in co-op mostly due to credit loss. I do actually play lots of PvP at tier 8 because I don't care if I win or lose (give not one crap about stats) because as a tier 8 you end up in lots of tier 10 matches. All I have to do is blap a few rounds into a tier 10 and win or lose, I make boatloads of credits. The XP on a loss in PvP is about the same as a win in PvE but on a win, the difference is staggering. The problem now is those daily missions where it only counts on a win and I just don't have enough time to play more than a few hours a day so I do the dailies in co-op to farm those rewards quickly. And you are right, fewer blood pressure incidents!

[TDRB]
Members
2,666 posts
7,658 battles

You know the kind of RNG where you shoot a cruiser from about 14KM hit amid ship and 3 of the shots bounce. Or the RNG where you shells literally land all around the ship but don't hit it. I have been having strings of games like that. You know the kind where you are shooting in the right place, but RNG has just decided you can't hit or do damage to anything.

I mostly play the Operation of the Week. I too have RNG problem and the bad seems to come in strings.  One day driving a BB I nail the enemy CV with a single broadside at more then 18km and finish in the top 3. The next couple of days my BB shells are bouncing off a cruiser that is broadside to me less than 8km away or they straddle the cruiser.

[DNTZ]
Members
291 posts
13,943 battles
5 hours ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

I have done exactly this!  It has allowed me to grind my VIIIs and IXs while getting the daily 'coal' that require wins.

I hosted a LAN party 3 weeks ago - I averaged over 50k/.75 kills per game and won 2 and lost 23 during the afternoon/evening stretch.  Absolutely brutal.   The part that made it tolerable is that I had 5 close friends over, we had good food, and beverages.  If I had played solo I would've been pissed off.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,441 posts
20,369 battles
Just now, BruDog1970 said:

I have done exactly this!  It has allowed me to grind my VIIIs and IXs while getting the daily 'coal' that require wins.

I hosted a LAN party 3 weeks ago - I averaged over 50k/.75 kills per game and won 2 and lost 23 during the afternoon/evening stretch.  Absolutely brutal.   The part that made it tolerable is that I had 5 close friends over, we had good food, and beverages.  If I had played solo I would've been pissed off.

The entire point of a game is to have fun and having fun with friends is even better!

Sign in to follow this