You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
elpumpo

USS Iowa 232.5m reasearch instead odf 175M?

11 comments in this topic

[RTS]
Members
2 posts
5,419 battles

Why is IOWA cost 232,500 research instead of a 175,000 as advertised on screen??????

I been  grinding daily with the North Carolina in order to get 175000 research points in order to research the Iowa.  I finally got it and when I click on the Iowa to research it, it shows I need 232,500 instead of 175,000.  What the "H" gives???

Can anyone shed some light on thnis please..............thank you

• Funny 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,727 posts

have you researched everything on the No.Carolina?     This came up both times when  I went after Worcester,Minotaur  when I bypassed Neptune,Seatle

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Privateers, Members, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers, Supertester, WoWS Wiki Editor
5,856 posts
6,742 battles
9 minutes ago, MasterDiggs said:

Did you research the B hull? If you didn't then it will add the 2 together for you.

This.  and you definitely want to put the B hull on your North Carolina too.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
2,286 posts
5,846 battles

Geez OP literally just made this thread and immediately signed off, couldn't even spare like 5 min to see an answer.

• Funny 1

[FML]
Members
2,532 posts
12,070 battles
1 hour ago, elpumpo said:

Why is IOWA cost 232,500 research instead of a 175,000 as advertised on screen??????

I been  grinding daily with the North Carolina in order to get 175000 research points in order to research the Iowa.  I finally got it and when I click on the Iowa to research it, it shows I need 232,500 instead of 175,000.  What the "H" gives???

Can anyone shed some light on thnis please..............thank you

You need the B Hull first - once you have that, then you need 175k to get the Iowa. 

Edit:Masterdigs totally beat me to it. Sorry!

Edited by UltimateNewbie

[SQUAD]
Members
8,140 posts
8,404 battles

The research amount indicates what it will be once you have the previous ship fully researched, meaning all hulls, fire control, and engine mods. If you don't, it adds what still remains to the research cost of the next ship in the line.

I admit a certain curiosity as to how you didn't know this, after having played over 4700 rounds. Perhaps this is just the first time you've tried to move on without fully researching a ship.

[N-W-T]
Members
1,426 posts
6,032 battles
1 hour ago, Vader_Sama said:

Geez OP literally just made this thread and immediately signed off, couldn't even spare like 5 min to see an answer.

Because he's embarrassed that 5000 battles in, he still doesn't understand how unlocking ships work. 

[PVE]
Members
705 posts
5,772 battles
4 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I admit a certain curiosity as to how you didn't know this, after having played over 4700 rounds. Perhaps this is just the first time you've tried to move on without fully researching a ship.

I can see how it could be easy to forget about it. The North Carolina A hull is a huge upgrade from the Colorado and as far as A hulls go its quite comfortable (better than Iowa's A hull).

[RTS]
Members
2 posts
5,419 battles

Thanks to all of you for your responses........................No HULL B was the problem *(dumb overlook on my part)