You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
zucchinibob

A Pet Thread

10 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Members
419 posts
3,486 battles

Friday, I got a new puppy!

D5oXN52.jpg?1

Her name is Molly. She is an 8 week old Brittany. She joins my 10 year old Hanna, who is also a Brittany.

XY53Usb.jpg

More Pictures:

Spoiler

Hanna:
hNN25SI.jpg

Molly:
djFWfcu.jpg

I made this thread to celebrate the special animals in our life. Feel free to post pictures of your own pets!

• Cool 1

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,329 posts

Cute doggos, how's the older dog handling a new pup in it's life? Can be pretty disruptive to the older pet when you throw a new on in the mix, seen it often with cats over the years, a few dogs too.

Myself I've had numerous pets over the years; Cats, Dogs, Horses, Guinea Pigs, Mice, Rabbits, Birds, Chickens, couple cows, a Turkey... my photo album is a damn zoo.
Currently though I only have my rabbit, Margaret Thatcher, had her about 6 years now and is a royal pain, anything that's on the floor is automatically hers, you should see the nest of sweaters under my bed. She's damn smart though, smartest animal I've ever had around, she litter-trained herself, learned how to open doors, gets her own food (as long as it isn't in the fridge) and even knows basic math (can identify which pile of snacks is larger and knows when you haven't given her the correct number of something, such as scoops of food or number of cranberries).

She loves to travel and comes with me when I visit family, she's really snarky and has attitude to spare but knows when and when not to bite people. Her favourite passtime aside from napping and snacks is hunting household pests like spiders and centipedes and watching movies, her favourite is Zulu.

She also is allow free reign of the apartment, since she doesn't chew on wires or anything, and is litter-trained. She thinks she's a cat too, she was raised around them and picked up a few of their habits like knocking things off tables and sleeping on my bed.

Here's a pic of her at about 2 years old:

thatchy_by_chobittsu_studios-dciynze.png

Couple years later, after I rolled a carrot under the bed at her:

0510142353_00_by_chobittsu_studios-dciyn

Here's one where we gave her a hat:

12398994_10153768226299717_944611318_n_b

And another with a much different hat:

13434055_847448885385343_260850841_n_by_

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
419 posts
3,486 battles
20 hours ago, Chobittsu said:

Cute doggos, how's the older dog handling a new pup in it's life? Can be pretty disruptive to the older pet when you throw a new on in the mix, seen it often with cats over the years, a few dogs too.

Hanna seems to have accepted the pup as a member of our family. Earlier today, the neighbor brought his weimaraner pup over, who basically went "ooo, a new doggy, better go check it out!" Hanna was really protective of Molly. The Hanna doesn't really play with the puppy. Molly will jump around and yip and run around, while Hanna just stands there and barks at both the puppy and us. I mean, Hanna's expression makes us think that she wants to play, but she doesn't seem to be sure about doing so.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,174 posts
4,949 battles

I wish my boys got along that well. I have four cats, two girls (Stormie and Shadow, sisters) and two boys (Scar (grumpy old man) and Rocky (loveable snuggle-bug)). Scar spent a lot of his life out on the street, so he's not enthused about having to share his turf with another male. Meanwhile Rocky just wants to play, and Scar (naturally) either simply doesn't want to play or doesn't understand that that's all Rocky wants. And of course, just to exacerbate the problem, both Rocky and Scar are lap cats and I have only the one lap. I have an appointment coming up in a couple of weeks to get Rocky neutered, hopefully that will help ease tensions a bit.

[STW-M]
Members
3,098 posts
7,342 battles
On 8/2/2018 at 5:27 AM, Chobittsu said:

Myself I've had numerous pets over the years; Cats, Dogs, Horses, Guinea Pigs, Mice, Rabbits, Birds, Chickens, couple cows, a Turkey... my photo album is a damn zoo

Do you live on a farm or something (no insult intended)? Where I live, my garden is pretty much the size of a full-grown cow.

Where do you even find and raise a live turkey, anyways?

Edited by Avenge_December_7

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,329 posts

Update, Margaret is displeased with the lack of updates to this thread.
Dj5cYzlU8AIRJGB.jpg

On 8/3/2018 at 7:23 PM, Avenge_December_7 said:

Do you live on a farm or something (no insult intended)? Where I live, my garden is pretty much the size of a full-grown cow.

Where do you even find and raise a live turkey, anyways?

Used to, but moved to the city a couple years ago. From birth I was raised in three places: Aircraft hangers, hockey arenas, and horse barns.
Our garden was about the size of a typical urban backyard, wire fence so no unauthorized rabbits could get in. We'd harvest the good stuff and let the pet rabbits have the rest. Thatchy loved to chill out in the cool dirt

The turkey was an odd egg. Our landlord, John, had a few he was raising for christmas dinner but raccoons killed all but one. Since one turkey wouldn't be enough for his whole extended family he opted for frozen stock and left the survivor to roam free on the farm (we only rented the house, he used the barn and other properties).  So.... I adopted it and trained it. She'd come when I called, would sit when commanded, and would patrol the fence of the chicken coop watching for escapees (They'd sometimes hop up the fences or tunnel under them). Thus she earned the name "Schultz", after another strange guard~
Jehovah's Witness came to my door once after I'd collected some eggs, I yelled for her and she came gobbling around the corner at full-tilt. I broke an egg on the Jehovah and Schultz went after her favourite yolky snack~     Much pecking and screaming was had~<3

[SOUP]
Privateers, Modder
8,329 posts
3 hours ago, The_Really_Good_Man said:

Petless, since allergies to fur makes long term pet commitments unfeasible:(

Solved your problem

28374518-skinny-guinea-pig-lying-in-prof