You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
The_Really_Good_Man

Clan Wars Bravo Teams

11 comments in this topic

Members
421 posts
7,406 battles

After tonight, is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of typhoon quality teams slugging it out in some of the lower leagues? I know that the Bravo team is the secondary team, but are there typhoon ranked clans duking it out in the Bravo team to seal club?

[NGAGE]
Supertester
2,088 posts
11,598 battles

Yes there are, it was pointed out as a potential issue since the playtest before clan battles season began.  It doubly hurts the season by making higher rank queues sparser than they already on.

• Cool 2

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,784 battles
26 minutes ago, The_Really_Good_Man said:

After tonight, is it just me or does it seem like there are a lot of typhoon quality teams slugging it out in some of the lower leagues? I know that the Bravo team is the secondary team, but are there typhoon ranked clans duking it out in the Bravo team to seal club?

Just sit there and get farmed. They need their steel. 

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,492 posts
9,692 battles

Not really.  Storm will see Typhoon teams as normal.  There are just many teams in Typhoon > Compared to Hurricane. Remember the season is shorter than last.

Members
414 posts

I don't see what the point in it would be. If they want to farm their rewards, they're still going to be put up against players in the respective league MM. A bravo team that makes it to typhoon is still going to be playing alpha teams in typhoon.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles

I don't know what clans you think are using the Bravo as seal clubbing, but some clans are actually using it as a chance to have both alpha and bravo in the same league so that if there are enough players on, they can get two teams going at once. I don't see how it would be seal clubbing to have to get up to the ranks with a bravo team to where the alpha team is.

[ARP]
Members
63 posts
1,744 battles
2 hours ago, The_Really_Good_Man said:

Of course they are, clan battles is by far the best way to grind free experience since a win is always set to a fixed number (2500 base exp) with all the flags and camouflage set up you can gain 20k+ free exp per win!

Also it allows them to try out different set ups and since they are the "better" clans they will usually outplay a "lesser" clan.

Anyways, there is no such thing as seal clubbing in clan battles since the "better" clans will progress through the leagues pretty fast by collecting "easy" wins.

Also it allows the lesser clans to experience how clan battles should be played, learn from those clans and adapt it into your own strategy to get better yourselves. 

No pun intended when I am talking about "lesser" and "better" clans, but when you're playing competitive you need to draw the line between them.

Members
414 posts
1 hour ago, Panic512 said:

I don't know what clans you think are using the Bravo as seal clubbing, but some clans are actually using it as a chance to have both alpha and bravo in the same league so that if there are enough players on, they can get two teams going at once. I don't see how it would be seal clubbing to have to get up to the ranks with a bravo team to where the alpha team is.

what would be the point of that? Bravo team wouldn't be gaining points for the clan. They should just run two alpha groups.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,227 posts
14,287 battles

About a week ago, a lot of Hurricane/Typhoon clans were leveling their Bravo ratings so they could get Typhoon credit on them. They would have had to climb from Squall II, so it's not unlikely that a lot of people would have seen them on the way up. I don't think it was good for the game that this phenomenon existed, but with any luck, it's mostly passed now.

Hopefully in the future, WG will implement some kind of "leash" on the distance between the two ratings so you don't have Hurricane clans in Squall. I'm sure most of those clans weren't particularly thrilled to have to play those games to get their ratings into the steel reward zone either, so it would be a win-win.

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
9 hours ago, pinkship9001 said:

what would be the point of that? Bravo team wouldn't be gaining points for the clan. They should just run two alpha groups.

So that if tyere are enough people on, they can still do CWs if the alpha team is full.