You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Fast_Battleship_Iowa

Exchange previously owned special upgrades for coal

Exchange special upgrades for coal  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like the ability to exchange extra special upgrades for coal?

2. 3. What is the minimum amount of coal you'd like to get when exchanging a special upgrade?

14 comments in this topic

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,484 posts
5,762 battles

I've got a ton of special upgrades I won't use (smoke generator modification 1 especially) and it'd be really nice if I could exchange them not just for credits, but for coal. Personally I'd be willing to exchange existing special upgrades I own for 5,000 coal.

What do you think?

Edited by Cruiser_StLouis
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,274 posts
10,797 battles

I’ve thought the exact same idea, just never gotten around to typing it up. 

Right now I have 5 of the always useless damage control mods and 2 of the almost always useless spotter mods. 

I think a 2-1 exchange rate would be reasonable, as everything else in the game sells for 50% of purchase price. 

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles

I posted 5000 for the minimum but I think it should be varied based on the special upgrade. Only one I own is for the spotter plane which I'm currently not using. 

Members
5,465 posts
6,174 battles

I've also wanted to post about this myself, but I've just been too lazy to do so, lol.

I think this is a great idea. I feel that the minimum coal exchanged should be 7,000 or 8,000 which is roughly half of the cost of a special upgrade in the arsenal, not counting discounts from coupons.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,274 posts
10,797 battles
34 minutes ago, Yoshiblue said:

What if you could auction it off to clan mates instead? 

Couple thoughts. 

1. That would require them to develop an auction system for in the game. 

2. Nobody is gonna pay coal for a Damage Control Mod. (Or many of the other mods.)

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
5,872 posts
8,927 battles

i feel like anything over 3 or 5k each is pushing it just a bit and 17k per special upgrade feels beyond pushing it, but thats just me, but then again, you can buy them for 17K in the Arsenal right? and usually selling things in the game is half what you payed for them, so i believe 8.5K coal for each special mod sounds about right if we go by that logic

Edited by tcbaker777

Members
3,296 posts
3,601 battles
42 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

Couple thoughts. 

1. That would require them to develop an auction system for in the game. 

2. Nobody is gonna pay coal for a Damage Control Mod. (Or many of the other mods.)

Well to be honest, it was just spur of the moment response. What i'd actually do is allow clans to set up a sort of shop that allows them to stock it up with goods they don't want and allow other clan mate to buy it with X currency. They won't get anything out of it though save for maybe some coal or something for putting something in. 

Edited by Yoshiblue

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,452 posts
20,379 battles

Yeah since there are now more currencies coming, I say fine, lets be able to trade in the Flint & Black for steel, upgrades for coal, etc. No point not to do that now IMHO. Not sure how much those things cost when you buy them with the silly new resources but getting half price when you sell makes sense and is what you get when you sell a ship for credits. Wargaming wants a new economy, lets do this new economy right. They want that crap to be meaningful, put your coal/copper/steel/etc where your mouth is. Tired of all the [edited] footing about. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
10,760 posts
15,957 battles

OK, lets look at this; trading something for something else instead of playing, and using up camo and consumables which cost money which you give to WoW, therefore costing WG part of it's income. Yeah, holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
3,117 posts
4,527 battles
14 hours ago, HazardDrake said:

I’ve thought the exact same idea, just never gotten around to typing it up. 

Right now I have 5 of the always useless damage control mods and 2 of the almost always useless spotter mods. 

I think a 2-1 exchange rate would be reasonable, as everything else in the game sells for 50% of purchase price. 

This seems like a win for everyone. WG drains coal from players, players get mods they want.