You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cuesta_Rey

American Cruiser Collection

9 comments in this topic

Members
1,246 posts
6,780 battles

In the American Cruiser Collection, is there no way to use your duplicates or did I just miss it? Getting a lot of duplicate items, but don't see any way to use them as we have in past collections where you double click to use.

[PSP]
Members
8,209 posts
20 minutes ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

In the American Cruiser Collection, is there no way to use your duplicates or did I just miss it? Getting a lot of duplicate items, but don't see any way to use them as we have in past collections where you double click to use.

Go to an empty place and left-click. However, before you do so, count up your empties as the more you have the more likely it will be that you get another duplicate. Wait until you get enough to compete the collection before using them.

• Cool 1

Members
1,246 posts
6,780 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Go to an empty place and left-click. However, before you do so, count up your empties as the more you have the more likely it will be that you get another duplicate. Wait until you get enough to compete the collection before using them.

At this point, I have not completed a single element of the collection, but have more than a dozen duplicates. 

Do you mean complete an element (sub set) or the entire collection?

Members
1,456 posts
8,401 battles

unless you are in a hurry to get the minor benefits(like 2 flags), i would say wait and just keep stocking up on duplicates.  i have 60+ currently.  I could spend around 30 to finish it, but why pass on free credits?

• Cool 1

Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sound advice there. Its what I've done. 

• Cool 1

[N-W-T]
Members
1,437 posts
6,060 battles

Keep in mind each duplicate is work 15,000 silver.  I have 46/48 items, and 52 duplicates.  No plans on cashing in duplicates... I'll just wait however long it takes to get them from crates.  I'll probably get well over $1M credits after I actually get done. I've already moved my Cleveland captain to the Seattle, so I have no need of its freedom camo at this point anyway. 

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,105 posts
11,451 battles
1 hour ago, Cuesta_Rey said:

At this point, I have not completed a single element of the collection, but have more than a dozen duplicates. 

Do you mean complete an element (sub set) or the entire collection?

It will cost 5 duplicates to get one uncollected item.  Don't spend any duplicates until you have enough to buy all remaining missing items at once.

If you buy one early, tomorrow's item may be the one you just spent 5 duplicates for.  Since you already have it, you will get one duplicate.  You just blew 4 duplicates into the wind.  To prevent throwing duplicates away, extending your collection time, and possibly not finishing it at all, don't spend any duplicates until you have enough to buy all missing items.

• Cool 1

Members
1,246 posts
6,780 battles

Okay, I understand what you're saying now. Wait until I can complete the entire collection with the duplicates. IE, if I need 3 more items and have 15 duplicates, use them then. Makes perfect sense.

I didn't realize the crummy "award" for just completing one subset. A flag? Whoopy ding!