Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GB_Ghostryder

Instead of tracking tiers, how about Captain skills

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[CGB]
Members
7 posts
5,280 battles

I know I'm gonna get raked over the coals for this, considering the saltiness of the community (Start spamming hate mail now, seal clibbers).  Not one to really complain, I think this is a great game and have spent many hours on it with varying degrees of success.  Doesn't seem to be ship related though.  Seems to be the Tier system is based solely on ship tier and not Captain skills.  Drop a level 15  Cap into level 1ships, they will still dominate (although if they have a soul, they'll feel a bit guilty).  Worse at higher tiers, say 6 and above.  I don't mind the T8's, I can generally take them in a 6, especially if it is a low to midranged CPT.  That's still a fair fight to me.  But a mid (say level 5 CPT) in a T7 boat doesn't have a chance in hell against a T9 Ship and Lvl 15 CPT.  

  Just saying.  Oh, before all those fingers start flying, not really going to read any responses.  There is enough hatred in the world.  Just thought I'd park this here.

Great game by the way.  I still play when I get blown out of the water without a prayer of firing a shot.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,065 battles

actually...i want more Capt skills points beyond 19.  at least 4 more pts. could you additional skills for certain ships. lol ^_^

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,348
[YORHA]
Members
4,145 posts
7,150 battles

I don't see any reason to disagree with you.  In fact I would go as far as to say... oh wait.  You aren't reading the responses.

Okey-Doke.  No point in wasting precious pixels.

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
117
[MLPVA]
Members
250 posts
3,321 battles

It doesn't matter how many points a captain has at tier I, they still won't have a snowballs chance in hell against anything Tier III and above.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
906
Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I've never felt like they matter much. There are so many other factors that are much more consequential. Tier is one of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,883
[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
19 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

actually...i want more Capt skills points beyond 19.  at least 4 more pts. could you additional skills for certain ships. lol ^_^

Yeah I can think of some of my ships that would be so overpowered with just 4 more skill points. But that is exactly why we do not get those 4 extra points lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,065 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I can think of some of my ships that would be so overpowered with just 4 more skill points. But that is exactly why we do not get those 4 extra points lol.

haha...well given the fact that i drive ships that have been nurffed or under powered in the first place. a little more could help.  but yeah, there are some that will make ships or player that will abuse it and inflate the firepower of ship that really didn't need anymore help with the additional skills.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,883
[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
Just now, Shinnidan said:

haha...well given the fact that i drive ships that have been nurffed or under powered in the first place. a little more could help.  but yeah, there are some that will make ships or player that will abuse it and inflate the firepower of ship that really didn't need anymore help with the additional skills.  

Lol but your idea sent my mind deviously over to Bismarck, Warspite...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
167
[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,065 battles
5 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Lol but your idea sent my mind deviously over to Bismarck, Warspite...

yeah, an you got me thinking about my MO and Tirpitz lol :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
427 posts
1,608 battles
57 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yeah I can think of some of my ships that would be so overpowered with just 4 more skill points. But that is exactly why we do not get those 4 extra points lol.

But if you had them so would everyone else. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
266
[PAT]
Members
1,643 posts
3,706 battles

So as long as I have a one-point captain, I can make my Taiho fight Kawachis?

I love this idea, WG GIT ON IT!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
561
[CVA16]
Members
2,763 posts
7,642 battles
2 hours ago, GB_Ghostryder said:

I know I'm gonna get raked over the coals for this, considering the saltiness of the community (Start spamming hate mail now, seal clibbers).  Not one to really complain, I think this is a great game and have spent many hours on it with varying degrees of success.  Doesn't seem to be ship related though.  Seems to be the Tier system is based solely on ship tier and not Captain skills.  Drop a level 15  Cap into level 1ships, they will still dominate (although if they have a soul, they'll feel a bit guilty).  Worse at higher tiers, say 6 and above.  I don't mind the T8's, I can generally take them in a 6, especially if it is a low to midranged CPT.  That's still a fair fight to me.  But a mid (say level 5 CPT) in a T7 boat doesn't have a chance in hell against a T9 Ship and Lvl 15 CPT.  

  Just saying.  Oh, before all those fingers start flying, not really going to read any responses.  There is enough hatred in the world.  Just thought I'd park this here.

Great game by the way.  I still play when I get blown out of the water without a prayer of firing a shot.

    • Ghost Dog Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

    One Ghost to another, You may be saying things we all think. It's the forum bud. We all don't agree but it's a cool place to talk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
314
[5IN]
Supertester
1,984 posts
9,202 battles

People are spamming hate mail now?  It's probably not a "new" thing, but I don't know.   I think I got one once, and it ended up being something of a misunderstanding.  This being the Internet, you have to deal with many unique personalities...  its kind of like the bar.  People get drunk and gain false courage.  No different here.. people hide behind anonymity, so it's along the same lines.

In any case, about the hate mail... if you are getting spammed, I would take it up with the moderators.  "Hate mail" isn't private... it may be between two (or more) parties, but it's still on WGs servers, and they don't take kindly to abuse.... I'm sure it's in the ToS somewhere...

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CGB]
Members
7 posts
5,280 battles

Okay, won't say this reaffirmed my faith in humanity, still hoping for a comet or something, but yes, I checked, and the overall comments aren't hateful.  Kudos to the community for that! 

  But am interested in Bonfor's suggestion-although I thik it would make the search a lot longer...But there is a wide disparity regarding Cpt skills and tiered ships-I do honestly see why it was set up this way, though...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,284 posts
3,574 battles

I'm scared to imagine the possibility of my Katori going head to head with an Iowa. (Can I get a Willy D. on the enemy team please?) 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,335
[WOLFG]
Members
4,778 posts
2,685 battles
1 hour ago, GB_Ghostryder said:

Okay, won't say this reaffirmed my faith in humanity, still hoping for a comet or something, but yes, I checked, and the overall comments aren't hateful.  Kudos to the community for that! 

  But am interested in Bonfor's suggestion-although I thik it would make the search a lot longer...But there is a wide disparity regarding Cpt skills and tiered ships-I do honestly see why it was set up this way, though...

I am not sure since I haven't been interested to try, but couldn't you also buy captain's points like you can get in to a high tier ship?

If so, all the captains points in the world won't save a guy who doesn't know how to drive a ship in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
174
[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
On 8/1/2018 at 5:56 PM, GB_Ghostryder said:

I know I'm gonna get raked over the coals for this, considering the saltiness of the community (Start spamming hate mail now, seal clibbers).  Not one to really complain, I think this is a great game and have spent many hours on it with varying degrees of success.  Doesn't seem to be ship related though.  Seems to be the Tier system is based solely on ship tier and not Captain skills.  Drop a level 15  Cap into level 1ships, they will still dominate (although if they have a soul, they'll feel a bit guilty).  Worse at higher tiers, say 6 and above.  I don't mind the T8's, I can generally take them in a 6, especially if it is a low to midranged CPT.  That's still a fair fight to me.  But a mid (say level 5 CPT) in a T7 boat doesn't have a chance in hell against a T9 Ship and Lvl 15 CPT.  

  Just saying.  Oh, before all those fingers start flying, not really going to read any responses.  There is enough hatred in the world.  Just thought I'd park this here.

Great game by the way.  I still play when I get blown out of the water without a prayer of firing a shot.

So if you wont engage the discussion you started, why post the thread in the first place but to whine about how it seems unfair?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
541
[DUCC]
Members
2,018 posts
7,082 battles
On 8/1/2018 at 6:56 PM, GB_Ghostryder said:

I know I'm gonna get raked over the coals for this, considering the saltiness of the community (Start spamming hate mail now, seal clibbers).  Not one to really complain, I think this is a great game and have spent many hours on it with varying degrees of success.  Doesn't seem to be ship related though.  Seems to be the Tier system is based solely on ship tier and not Captain skills.  Drop a level 15  Cap into level 1ships, they will still dominate (although if they have a soul, they'll feel a bit guilty).  Worse at higher tiers, say 6 and above.  I don't mind the T8's, I can generally take them in a 6, especially if it is a low to midranged CPT.  That's still a fair fight to me.  But a mid (say level 5 CPT) in a T7 boat doesn't have a chance in hell against a T9 Ship and Lvl 15 CPT.  

  Just saying.  Oh, before all those fingers start flying, not really going to read any responses.  There is enough hatred in the world.  Just thought I'd park this here.

Great game by the way.  I still play when I get blown out of the water without a prayer of firing a shot.

If you have a 5pt captain at T5, you're doing something horribly wrong.

Captain skills were an issue in the old system when CE required 15 points and nobody except T9-10 had it, but you can do 1-10 well before you reach T5. Unless you're doing meme builds, 10 points is more than enough for most ships. We all know SE and CE are the real culprits in the performance gap and those don't take long to get unless you're dumb.

BBs definitely do have some issues with the skills though. It's not easy to get a 14pt by T8, so you'll have high tiers with full fire prevention builds while you get melted easily. Doesn't help that the T10s have a higher chance to light you on fire because you have lower base fire resistances...

One of the most screwed up aspects in general with this game is that newer, bottom tier players have to play smarter and better than their more experienced top tier counterparts.

Edited by awildseaking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×