You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Need to report act of great CV cruelty!

10 comments in this topic

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles

Had shark mission to shoot down 8 bombers so thought of that should be easy enough for my 3 squadrons of Shokaku Fighters right? Well enemy CV decide to have sick sense of humor by assigning his bombers to do tight orbit over a major AA CA that was nested up tight against an island with their side right up against it to prevent my team from shelling it or from my being able to bomb it, and any time I attempted to strafe those bombers I got my fighters vaporized. So after couple times of that had to just wait and eventually he had to use those bombers, but if he never did that would have been so frustrating. As it was he kept those bombers there 2/3 of the match.

Ordinarily not entirely good idea since a player like me will be smart enough not to burn all their fighters on such a trick and the CV doing it is not that useful on supporting their team with bombing runs, but man was it annoying with the Shark missions going on. It was devious I will give them that. 

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

Sounds like you got match Meta'd. 

Or he might have had the same thing so he knew to play keep away. 

Anyways. Might have been better to have used you FTRs to keep the Strike wing locked down in their staging area. 

At the very least you're still protecting your Battle Group through Air Denial. 

Thoughts to counter for next time?

Force the correct engagement in your favour. Don't force to play their play. 

Channel your inner gamer tag Thrawn..

-Merlin

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
12 minutes ago, Ivlerlin said:

Sounds like you got match Meta'd. 

Or he might have had the same thing so he knew to play keep away. 

Anyways. Might have been better to have used you FTRs to keep the Strike wing locked down in their staging area. 

At the very least you're still protecting your Battle Group through Air Denial. 

Thoughts to counter for next time?

Force the correct engagement in your favour. Don't force to play their play. 

Channel your inner gamer tag Thrawn..

-Merlin

Yeah that is why I only probed at them a little, and meanwhile my bombers were hitting enemy ships hard and my other  fighters were shredding their fighter squadrons that tried to intercept me.  That is why they finally had to have their Bombers break away from that CV because they just could not afford not to assist in dealing damage, that and they figured out I was smart enough not to fall for their little game over and over like some players might.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

Wanna know what is worse? Watch all four of your DDs get sunk by the same CV one at a time.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,083 battles

no great epic game in my CV...this week...

EXCEPT complaints from other players :Smile_izmena:

[WOLF3]
Members
19,777 posts
18,185 battles

That's not CV cruelty!

This is CV cruelty!

zqFmACM.jpg

On 1/12/2018 at 6:29 PM, REZ_0311 said:

Good thing U.S. CV's got balanced.

The funny part is I still remember that match.  I was nestled up behind an island between Caps A & B with my NOLA using Hydro and Radar.  The reds really hated that as it spotted them behind the island and our guys further on the flanks were shooting at them.  The Midway tried several times to nuke me when it became apparent I didn't have AA spec nor even Defensive Fire.  Our Hakuryu was on point each time obliterating the Midway bombers.  Even with AS Hakuryu, he was a nightmare for the enemy DDs.  His AS Hak harassed them mightily, maybe even bagging 1 of them at least.  With the enemy DDs dealt with and the Midway "deplaned" this was a big sweep.

I'm wagering that the red players seeing their DDs get picked apart and their own CV's aircraft getting wiped out, would have made a depressing feeling.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

All these CV threads makes me miss the countless hours I put in back in CBT. 

Sadly the only thing that might put me back in a CV as the CAG is boredom -or- a Unique Commander.. Possibly Spruance or Nagumo. 

Of course give them 1 or 2 skills that would Assist for the non-CV players. Maybe CatCON, BoS, and/or High Alert.

A skill like TAE could be restricted to TBs only. A Specialized AS? 

The almighty question is do I want to be in the saddle for 1v1 Micro'ing battles knowing I willingly missed the boat on Prem CVs.

[STW-M]
Members
3,093 posts
7,320 battles

I generally like to hang out my bombers over AA ships until I find a nice target for them, since I usually have my fighters off somewhere else.

With that being said, I have no clue why he kept the bombers over the AA ship after your fighters died.

Ah well, I can't imagine he did too well that match: one doesn't get very decent damage by hanging out your bombers over a friendly AA ship for the entirety of a match.

1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's not CV cruelty!

I'm not sure if this is a case of one CV player being blatantly outclassed or just a case of AS Hakuryu bullying Midway and its 2 tier 9 fighter squadrons.

(I am also currently suppressing a large amount of salt about USN CVs and AS loadouts)

[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
10 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

I generally like to hang out my bombers over AA ships until I find a nice target for them, since I usually have my fighters off somewhere else.

With that being said, I have no clue why he kept the bombers over the AA ship after your fighters died.

Ah well, I can't imagine he did too well that match: one doesn't get very decent damage by hanging out your bombers over a friendly AA ship for the entirety of a match.

I'm not sure if this is a case of one CV player being blatantly outclassed or just a case of AS Hakuryu bullying Midway and its 2 tier 9 fighter squadrons.

(I am also currently suppressing a large amount of salt about USN CVs and AS loadouts)

Likely because after I had more fighters scrambled from my CV to take the place of the lost squadron since I was also keeping a base spotted in case a DD were to slip into the area and to provide eyes to spot CAs and BBs moving nearby. And of course waiting for the enemy Bombers to finally leave the AA bubble. I could afford to wIt since my Shokaku was AS load out that battle so pretty much had a fighter squadron patrolling each of the 3 Cap zones and having my bombers make frequent trips to enemy ships and back to my CV for reloading.

Honestly I would have no problem and actually be delighted if I saw another CV leave their bombers over a stationary CA most of the battle since they can’t hurt my team there. Only reason I hated it today was because of the Shark Mission I had for that battle.

Best way I have found to operate CV forces is to group up bombers into easily manageable wolf pack that can sneak around while the fighters operate independently to provide protection from enemy bombers which usually draws the attention of enemy fighters as well. Depending on my targets and way teams have deployed I can always pull bombers back for a moment here and there to lure or evade enemy fighters using AA ships in my team, but those maneuvers only last briefly. And then back to attacking or reloading I go.

[O_O]
Members
1,090 posts
8,083 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Had shark mission to shoot down 8 bombers so thought of that should be easy enough for my 3 squadrons of Shokaku Fighters right? Well enemy CV decide to have sick sense of humor by assigning his bombers to do tight orbit over a major AA CA that was nested up tight against an island with their side right up against it to prevent my team from shelling it or from my being able to bomb it, and any time I attempted to strafe those bombers I got my fighters vaporized. So after couple times of that had to just wait and eventually he had to use those bombers, but if he never did that would have been so frustrating. As it was he kept those bombers there 2/3 of the match.

Ordinarily not entirely good idea since a player like me will be smart enough not to burn all their fighters on such a trick and the CV doing it is not that useful on supporting their team with bombing runs, but man was it annoying with the Shark missions going on. It was devious I will give them that. 

lol...pretty good tactics ...all is fair in love and war....lol  :Smile_teethhappy: