Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ruthless4u

Will world of warships legends impact the PC carrier rework?

8 comments in this topic

[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles

Stupid question time.

In the FAQs for legends, 

https://wowslegends.com/forums/topic/20-intro-faq/

It mentions carrier will be added, but to avoid confusion it will wait until the rework is finished on PC. If it's like the console version of WOT it will borrow assets heavily from the PC version. To the point they can ad very little unique content unless the basis is done on PC first.

With that in mind, in order to simply the concept and controls for the console version will it impact how the PC carriers are reworked?

Thoughts?

Edited by Ruthless4u

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles

Yup.  Most likely in the control scheme department. What we've already heard more or less confirms that,  with the ability to control flights directly.  This is most likely to avoid how difficult it is to make an RTS scheme work on console.

[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles
On August 5, 2018 at 12:04 PM, Palladia said:

Yup.  Most likely in the control scheme department. What we've already heard more or less confirms that,  with the ability to control flights directly.  This is most likely to avoid how difficult it is to make an RTS scheme work on console.

As long as we don't have to fly the planes ourselves I think I can manage.

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
Just now, Ruthless4u said:

As long as we don't have to fly the planes ourselves I think I can manage.

Yeeaaaa,  about that.  So far thats the implication.  We are taking control of the squadrons ourselves and making runs on enemy ships.  The goal is to make playing a CV as much like playing a normal surface ship as possible,  which is going to include how we attack the enemy.  One squadron at a time.

We'll see how it goes.

[OPRAH]
[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
5,499 posts
15,415 battles

@Ruthless4u I believe what this means is they will not be adding CVs to console versions until after they finish with and add the CV rework to the PC version. It stands to reason that we PC users will still use keyboard controls and they will find a way to make the PC rework CVs work on consoles using the console controller. I sure as H hope there is no plan to cause us to use a console type controller on our PCs.

[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles
33 minutes ago, Palladia said:

Yeeaaaa,  about that.  So far thats the implication.  We are taking control of the squadrons ourselves and making runs on enemy ships.  The goal is to make playing a CV as much like playing a normal surface ship as possible,  which is going to include how we attack the enemy.  One squadron at a time.

We'll see how it goes.

I don't see how one squadron at a time would work. To much time would be wasted landing and launching aircraft, the matches don't seem long enough.

Add to that countering what's already in the air( unless fighters are removed ) then players will spend their time trying to match what the other guy has in the air instead of attacking ships.

Maybe have friends play together and launch multiple squadrons but I don't see how 1 player doing it would work.

Members
2,082 posts
3,892 battles
35 minutes ago, Ruthless4u said:

I don't see how one squadron at a time would work. To much time would be wasted landing and launching aircraft, the matches don't seem long enough.

Add to that countering what's already in the air( unless fighters are removed ) then players will spend their time trying to match what the other guy has in the air instead of attacking ships.

Maybe have friends play together and launch multiple squadrons but I don't see how 1 player doing it would work.

We've got nothing else to go on right now.  This parts just guesswork,  but my wager is that fighters will be removed so players can focus on anti-ship combat,  and AA will be adjusted accordingly.  

Then again they could have scrapped the entire idea and gone back to the drawing board in the months since we last heard anything.   

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
Members
516 posts
362 battles
44 minutes ago, Palladia said:

We've got nothing else to go on right now.  This parts just guesswork,  but my wager is that fighters will be removed so players can focus on anti-ship combat,  and AA will be adjusted accordingly.  

Then again they could have scrapped the entire idea and gone back to the drawing board in the months since we last heard anything.   

Wish we had some info( as others do I'm sure lol)

I can't imagine the base being happy if they remove fighters if your allowed to fly other types. Oh well time will tell eventually, maybe.

Sign in to follow this