Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
loco_max

French Cruisers Tier VI to X changes in 07.8

14 comments in this topic

Members
209 posts
6,181 battles

From the Developer Bulletin 07.8:

During the Public Test of Update 0.7.8, you can look at French cruisers from a different perspective—starting from Tier VI, the ships are equipped with the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable. This will bring in more opportunities and make the game tactics more diverse. But remember that the effect that the new consumables will have on your battle performance will depend on the situation and your ability to choose the correct moment for using the consumable.

For most cruisers of the French branch, the introduction of this consumable means an immediate improvement for their characteristics. But for Charles Martel and Saint-Louis, we had to increase the reload time of the 203 mm/55 Mle 1934 guns to 12 seconds, otherwise these guns would have been too effective for their tier.

For the Saint Louis:

• Main battery reload time: –50%;
  • Action time of the consumable: 15 seconds;
  • Cooldown time: 120 seconds for Main Battery Reload Booster I, and 80 seconds for Main Battery Reload Booster II;
  • Number of charges: three for Main Battery Reload Booster I, and four for Main Battery Reload Booster II.

Guys, this is not good news for the T6/10 French Cruisers Drivers!

[LOU1]
Members
3,595 posts
9,571 battles

Note that only CM and Saint Louis had their reloads increased.  The other cruisers stay the same.  It will be interesting to see the effect on my CM.

Members
209 posts
6,181 battles

Henri-IV already have reload booster, with the current device we do have one salvo every 10.8 seconds (Wiki). With the proposed nerf and reload booster-II we'll have 2+6.7=8.7 salvos in 15+80 seconds=95 seconds, 4 times per game. Currenlty we can deliver 95/10.8= 8.7 salvos (in 95s) during the entire game...During the cooldown time Henri-IV will be firing every 12 seconds...

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,913 battles
34 minutes ago, loco_max said:

Guys, this is not good news for the T6/10 French Cruisers Drivers!

Please use a normal, easy to read font next time.

And how is this not good news? The tiers 6, 7, and 10 are getting a new consumable that let's them do burst damage much better with no drawbacks.

And the tiers 8 and 9 are getting the same consumable, but since they are already doing well, they get a slight nerf to go with it.

In short, it is an un-arguable buff for 3 out of 5 ships, and it sounds like an overall buff for the other two.

Edited by Baskerville77
  • Cool 1

Members
209 posts
6,181 battles

a consumable reload boost for T8/9/10 is not good news at all, we do have optional reload boosst that are not consumable and can be used the entire game. Besides to use these consumables reload boosts four times per game you have to paid extra, we already do have reload boost that works well. Henri IV is also nerfed. 

Sorry for the font..

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,913 battles
Just now, loco_max said:

a consumable reload boost for T8/9/10 is not good news at all, we do have optional reload boosst that are not consumable and can be used the entire game. Besides to use these consumables reload boosts four times per game you have to paid extra, we already do have reload boost that works well. Henri IV is also nerfed. 

Sorry for the font..

Okay, I have no idea what you are talking about.

First, are you talking about the upgrade that boosts rate of fire at the cost of turret traverse? Cause that isn't going away.

Second, you can always use the free version of the consumable if you want, at no cost. Just like all consumables.

Third, how is Henri IV getting nerfed? I can't find any information on that at all. All it looks like is happening to it is it gets a fifth consumable, and that is as far from a nerf as can be.

Members
209 posts
6,181 battles

'First, are you talking about the upgrade that boosts rate of fire at the cost of turret traverse? Cause that isn't going away'.

So according to you (how do you know this by the way), we are going to keep the optional reload boost and on top of this a reload boost consumable? If this is the case, Henri IV did not get nerfed, for sure.

By the way be civilized and lower your tone.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,637 posts
11,700 battles

This change is talking about a new consumable:

A4QNo4B.jpg
This consumable will be additional to the ships, it does not cost you any slots or other equipment, you can run it with Engine Boost at the same time for instance.

The only cost is 22,000 credits or 25 doubloons per battle if you use the Premium version.

Completely separately to consumables are upgrades:
dSzMHh6.jpg
This is an equipment option and will not change at all.

Henri has a base 12.25s reload. If she takes the Main Battery Modification 3 that drops to 10.78s.

The consumable will therefore drop reload to either 6.125s for an Henri without the MBM3, or 5.39s if it does have the equipment.

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,913 battles
7 minutes ago, loco_max said:

So according to you (how do you know this by the way), we are going to keep the optional reload boost and on top of this a reload boost consumable? If this is the case, Henri IV did not get nerfed, for sure.

By the way be civilized and lower your tone.

Yes, the Henri IV is keeping access to the main battery modification 3 in upgrade slot six. WG would notify everyone if they were removing the upgrade.

You just jumped to a conclusion based on absolutely no evidence.

If you do have evidence that they are removing main battery mod 3 from the Henri IV, please link it here.

Members
209 posts
6,181 battles

'WG would notify everyone if they were removing the upgrade'.

Hope that they will not...But you are so sure. Are you working for WG? I'm not intimidated by your tone, that is unnecessary arrogant.

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,913 battles
1 hour ago, loco_max said:

'WG would notify everyone if they were removing the upgrade'.

Hope that they will not...But you are so sure. Are you working for WG? I'm not intimidated by your tone, that is unnecessary arrogant.

Considering that WG clearly outlined the changes these ships are getting, both positive and negative, and the upgrade is not mentioned anywhere, I'm pretty darn sure it's not going anywhere.

Besides, WG has stated that they are trying to increase the capabilities of these ships, so why would they try to sneak a nerf under the table? Let alone one as blatantly obvious as removing an upgrade that many player have on their ship currently? Not only would that go against their intent to buff the ships, it would just make the fanbase revolt.

Finally, I have never seen WG remove an upgrade as an option after the ships have been released to the general public. Ever.

P.S. Your remarks about my tone are way off base. My first two posts were more of confusion about what you were saying. Your first post claimed that this was a nerf to the ships without pointing out why, and your second post was a confused jumble that I honestly could not make sense of.

It was only after you told my to watch my tone that I pointed out you were jumping to conclusions with no evidence. That was they only time I referred to you, besides asking you to link evidence for your claim.

TL;DR, I was only asking for clarification. You are the one who overreacted.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
109 posts
7,397 battles

Can someone more informed than I explain if the CM and SL are considered overpowered?  Why the 19 minute nerf in exchange for a 1 minute buff? 

• Cool 1

[STURM]
Members
463 posts
3,913 battles
1 hour ago, Fruta_mala said:

Can someone more informed than I explain if the CM and SL are considered overpowered?  Why the 19 minute nerf in exchange for a 1 minute buff? 

Well, the CM leads the tier 8 cruisers in winrate by almost a percentage point (52.62 vs 51.68 by Cleveland) and the SL is third in tier 9 with 52.63. (The Seattle has 53.72 in second. The Kronshtadt has 56.55, but it won't get nerfed because it's a premium.) They are not overperforming in a gamebreaking way at the moment, but they don't need just straight bugs by any means.

It looks like WG wants to boost the whole line with the consumable, but just slapping it on two ships that are already performing well might break the game. I think WG is trying to keep these two in particular at the same level with the reload nerf.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
8 hours ago, loco_max said:

Henri-IV already have reload booster, with the current device we do have one salvo every 10.8 seconds (Wiki). With the proposed nerf and reload booster-II we'll have 2+6.7=8.7 salvos in 15+80 seconds=95 seconds, 4 times per game. Currenlty we can deliver 95/10.8= 8.7 salvos (in 95s) during the entire game...During the cooldown time Henri-IV will be firing every 12 seconds...

Henri right now pre-patch has the reload module, not booster. The nerf to 12sec is not going to hurt her very much. Considering she is a more longer range HE spam type ship. 2 seconds more reload at her usual ranges won't hurt her.

Sign in to follow this