Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

Questions about which line to do next

18 comments in this topic

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

I need a T10 ship to play in CB. I have Yamato (which I often can't play) and Gearing (which I don't like because of all the radar). I'm thinking about Harugumo or Khaba as gunboats, and Des Moines. I know DM is very good in CB but I'm not sure about Khaba and I don't know about Harugumo. I can only afford to keep two T10s at any time and since I'm keeping Yamato I don't need another battleship. I'll have to wait and see how Harugumo does but as of now do you think Khaba will be better in CB?

[B2P]
Members
568 posts
15,707 battles

Go for a cruiser.  They are the bread and butter of CB.  DesMoines, Moskva, Zao or Hindy are probably the most popular cruisers for CB.

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles

Zao is love, I'd trade all my t10 cruisers for the Zao....Heck I'd trade all my t10 boats for the Zao. 

Edited by Slumlord_Cheeto

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
10 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Breakdown and buy a few Port slots, problem Solved.

I have 39 open port slots and 3 non premium ships right now. 

[DAKI]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,269 battles

Khab and Haragumo are trash for CBs. Both have the some of the traits DDs need but not all of them. You're better off with a Shima or Radar Yue Yang for DDs in CBs (my top picks). Otherwise get a Zao or Hindenburg, or a DM if you need Radar 

Beta Testers
1,714 posts
3,833 battles

Zao was a great line to grind for me and I am sure it is great for CB with it's long range torpedo option now. I would take some time reading the wiki honestly  and deciding from there.

[COOP]
Members
811 posts
4,283 battles

I would personally go either Hindenburg or Des Moines for a second T10. Both are useful in current competitive meta and have a long track record of finding a niche in the game.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
1 hour ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I have 39 open port slots and 3 non premium ships right now. 

Then why you limit yourself to only two tier tens?

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Breakdown and buy a few Port slots, problem Solved.

tenor.png

Just get all the Tier X's.

Edited by Troa_Barton

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
19 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Then why you limit yourself to only two tier tens?

Because then I woud have no ships to grind. 

• Funny 1

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Oh I'm sure they will add more...

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
2 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

Ten Nations Three ship Types with many more Nations expected and you have nothing to grind for?

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
3 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

Ten Nations Three ship Types with many more Nations expected and you have nothing to grind for?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQDfUprVA1CXZTSqVfBMH

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
1 hour ago, Troa_Barton said:

Oh I'm sure they will add more...

1 hour ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

I don't have the credits to be able to keep everything in my port. Right now I'm sitting on 3 million credits with Kiev and Leander as the only ships that have something after them. I have Akizuki, Gearing, and Yamato but those don't go anywhere at the moment (and Aki already has enough XP). If I bought another T10 without selling Gearing, I would either have to take at least 50 battles to grind out the credits, and that isn't fun because I had to do huge credit grinds to get Yamato and Gearing, and I don't want to do another one. 

[CHMC]
Members
367 posts
8,796 battles
49 minutes ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I don't have the credits to be able to keep everything in my port. Right now I'm sitting on 3 million credits with Kiev and Leander as the only ships that have something after them. I have Akizuki, Gearing, and Yamato but those don't go anywhere at the moment (and Aki already has enough XP). If I bought another T10 without selling Gearing, I would either have to take at least 50 battles to grind out the credits, and that isn't fun because I had to do huge credit grinds to get Yamato and Gearing, and I don't want to do another one. 

I'm really trying to see where you're coming from here but it really doesn't make any sense.

Ships don't cost you anything to have in your port. If you're talking about being able to take them into battle and losing credits on repairs then get a perma camo and run the economic signals, premium ect.

Grinding through a line should net you more credits than you spend on the ships, and you are in no way obligated to keep all of them.

If you free xp your way to Tier X why would you do that if you're not wanting to run out of ships to grind?

Grinding the money / xp to buy things is an integral part of this game, you might as well enjoy it.

Use or get a premium ship you enjoy and play it, throw on a captain with 19 points and farm some elite comander xp while you're at it. Get a nice little nest egg and proceed up the line, use a premium ship to retrain the commander between ships and that will keep you out of the red.

If you don't want to spend money I get that but if the grind is what dissuades you WG will gladly alleviate this... For a price.

Hop on the public test for some good signals and a pittance of premium time.

You already have some Tier X's for ranked there's no rush but the one you place on yourself.

Lastly and I know this is cliche but just play to have fun and don't worry about how much you have, do stuff when you have the money not break your spirit trying to earn enough.

P.S. Never ever sell a premium ship or a Tier X just don't do it. Balance passes come and go and your preferences in ship characteristics will change.

(example: I hate the Khaba as it is now but I'm going to hold on to it)

Edited by Troa_Barton

Sign in to follow this