You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

My favorite tactic in the game

29 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,507 posts
6,157 battles

Is people sailing backwards slowly.   Sometimes they get "sneaky" and turn left or right as they sail backwards.  It's still stupidly easy to predict, but it makes them feel better I guess.  :cap_look:

I *LOVE* hunting down backwards-sailers and punishing them for thinking it's a good tactic.  It makes it so easy to rack up huge damage totals.  It's like shooting fish in a bucket.   :fish_happy:

My favorite is when I flank them in my battleship and come rolling up on their broadside at close range while they are trying to bow-camp somebody. . .  and they don't change anything.  I'm thinking "how exactly do you think this is going to end for you?"  They find out quickly.

Anyway. . . thanks backwards-sailers for making it so easy for the rest of us!  :cap_like:

• Cool 1

Members
4,724 posts
8,094 battles

I always sail with bow to the rear. Gee I thought the screws were there to "pull" you along as you sail. Tks for setting me straight. I should do better now i think.:Smile_honoring:

• Funny 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
19,756 posts
10,986 battles

There are times when it makes sense but far too often I see ships that should be moving forward doing it.

Members
3,783 posts
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Is people sailing backwards slowly.   Sometimes they get "sneaky" and turn left or right as they sail backwards.  It's still stupidly easy to predict, but it makes them feel better I guess.  :cap_look:

I *LOVE* hunting down backwards-sailers and punishing them for thinking it's a good tactic.  It makes it so easy to rack up huge damage totals.  It's like shooting fish in a bucket.   :fish_happy:

My favorite is when I flank them in my battleship and come rolling up on their broadside at close range while they are trying to bow-camp somebody. . .  and they don't change anything.  I'm thinking "how exactly do you think this is going to end for you?"  They find out quickly.

Anyway. . . thanks backwards-sailers for making it so easy for the rest of us!  :cap_like:

Dag Gum Backwards drivers,  Man they are so much fun to shoot.  Talk about a Citadel magnet when I'm in my Missouri.  Lol  Time to rack up the damage!!

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

My favorite is racing destroyers with my air dropped torpedoes. My torpedoes win 89% of the time.

• Boring 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
644 posts
6,208 battles

but... sometimes.. you legit oops and you can not turn around because "broadside".  

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

You are forgetting one thing, the French and Italian ships are faster in reverse than forward....................................hahahahahahahahahaha

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
16 minutes ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

The trick is to be moving forward and make people think your going backwards..

Hey did you ever watch the show Frasier? There was an episode where Eddie was eating out of a bag of Cheetos. Frasier was mad and told his dad "Leave and take your Cheetos stained dog with you" EVERY TIME I see a post from you I think of Eddie the Jack Russell Terrier with orange stained fur on his face and chest lol.

Members
855 posts
3,736 battles
55 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Hey did you ever watch the show Frasier? There was an episode where Eddie was eating out of a bag of Cheetos. Frasier was mad and told his dad "Leave and take your Cheetos stained dog with you" EVERY TIME I see a post from you I think of Eddie the Jack Russell Terrier with orange stained fur on his face and chest lol.

ROFL.... well they made me change my name from Slumlord Trump so I went Slumlord Cheeto because Trump looks like a Cheeto.

• Cool 1

Members
3,031 posts
4,322 battles
2 hours ago, Vangm94 said:

My favorite is racing destroyers with my air dropped torpedoes. My torpedoes win 89% of the time.

I think my Leningrad is up to the challenge, lol.

A kaga might be tough though.

I like to sit broadside to HE spamming conquerers. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
1 minute ago, StoneRhino said:

I think my Leningrad is up to the challenge, lol.

A kaga might be tough though.

I like to sit broadside to HE spamming conquerers. 

I wanna say 3 or 4 DDs can outrun them

• Kamikaze (maybe)'
  • Fujin
  • RU DD
  • RU DD

These 3 or 4 ships are the only ones to ever outrun my torpedo drop. Fun Fact: If you stop moving, you won't die.

Edited by Vangm94

Members
3,031 posts
4,322 battles
9 minutes ago, Vangm94 said:

I wanna say 3 or 4 DDs can outrun them

• Kamikaze (maybe)'
  • Fujin
  • RU DD
  • RU DD

These 3 or 4 ships are the only ones to ever outrun my torpedo drop. Fun Fact: If you stop moving, you won't die.

IJN converging manual drops are cheating. 

Matsuki can do it sometimes with speed boost but you can't touch the rudder at all.

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles
1 minute ago, StoneRhino said:

IJN converging manual drops are cheating. 

Matsuki can do it sometimes with speed boost but you can't touch the rudder at all.

I don't manual drop DDs. I auto "cross-drop-chase" all DDs and most of them get hit. The good ones know how to stop.

[KP]
Members
370 posts
202 battles
3 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

I got a whitherer just off an Izumo a couple days ago. He got sneaky and pulled forward with about 9K health left before my 3  fires finished him off. 

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
18 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

ROFL.... well they made me change my name from Slumlord Trump so I went Slumlord Cheeto because Trump looks like a Cheeto.

ROFLMAO....Why would they make you change your name from Slumlord Trump....there is NOTHING offensive about it. I wonder if it was butthurt Trump fanboys complaining or did Putin see it when he was playing a game of Warships and demanded they change the name because Trump is a friend lol. 

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
21 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

If you come around a blind corner in a Nelson or Dumbkirk and find yourself facing three or four enemy ships, you have a decision to make:

1. Try to pull a U-turn which will expose your broadside, or

2. Throw her in reverse and try to farm as much damage as possible.

I go for the latter option.

:cap_rambo::cap_viking:  :cap_rambo:

[187]
Members
1,344 posts
8,041 battles
50 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

ROFLMAO....Why would they make you change your name from Slumlord Trump....there is NOTHING offensive about it. I wonder if it was butthurt Trump fanboys complaining or did Putin see it when he was playing a game of Warships and demanded they change the name because Trump is a friend lol. 

The only "Butthurt" people are those still in denial about the fact that Trump is the president of the U.S., people were tired of Hillary and her ineptness. To be the secretary of state and use a private email server and then having it destroyed with hammers is proof of her ineptness and the fact she tried to cover it up is proof she knows it was criminal....she's a dooche bag and so are those who still mourn her loss.

Edited by C_D
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
9 minutes ago, C_D said:

The only "Butthurt" people are those still in denial about the fact that Trump is the president of the U.S., people were tired of Hillary and her ineptness. To be the secretary of state and use a private email server and then having it destroyed with hammers is proof of her ineptness and the fact she tried to cover it up is proof she knows it was criminal....she's a dooche bag and so are those who still mourn her loss.

You won't get any argument out of me on that. I am glad the Clinton crime family is not in power. However there is still NOTHING offensive about the name Slumlord Trump.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
15 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

You won't get any argument out of me on that. I am glad the Clinton crime family is not in power. However there is still NOTHING offensive about the name Slumlord Trump.

Can you name one--just one--slum owned by Trump?   He specializes in the high end of the market.

[BROOK]
Members
1,634 posts
20 hours ago, Slumlord_Cheeto said:

So you're a still a fanboi of Crooked Hillary the most corrupt presidential candidate in US history?

Brace yourself for 8 glorious years under Trump. Vive el Presidente Senor Trumper!

:cap_haloween:

[WOLF9]
Members
3,745 posts
1 hour ago, Belthorian said:

Don't know why it won't let me delete the quote, but whatever.

For the OP:

Thank WG for making High tier cruisers and BB's so huge and clumsy and their sides so vulnerable.   When you find yourself facing something you do NOT want to expose your broadside to- at all- what else are you gonna do??   You try to turn around, you'll eat obscene amounts of damage.  Charge forward, and all they have to do is wait for you to pass, then BLAMMO!!!  So you have 2 choices, try to ram, or go in reverse and try to bow tank.   The former is no good option if the red is distant- or there are many of them.  The latter also has flaws- which you pointed out.

I call it making lemonade out of lemons.   Get as much damage as you can before the cumulative damage sinks you.

Some ships, like Nor -Cal and the Iowa sisters also only really have good armor on the bow- the part you're trying to keep pointed at the enemy.  Certain Froggie BB's also only have guns on the front- which also reinforces that playstyle.

I don't particularly like it either, but that's the way WG designed the ships and the game.  I can't fault players for trying to play the way the game seems to want them to.