You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
sasquatch_research

Customer Appreciation Idea

27 comments in this topic

Members
1,898 posts
9,842 battles

Hey

How about a customer appreciation reward for those who support Wargaming through purchases of Ships, doubloons, premium time, etc.  The more you spend in a given yearly period can earn rewards based on money spent, maybe like signals/camo, maybe even free premium times, perhaps even a free ship, all based on what players spend for say 2018, at the end of the year, you collect your prize as a way of showing appreciation to those spending money.  Have certain items for say,  $500, $750, $1000, $1500 increments spent.; Just a suggestion for marketing value and a way of giving back to those who support the game financially.

Pete 

• Cool 1

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
44 minutes ago, sasquatch_research said:

Hey

How about a customer appreciation reward for those who support Wargaming through purchases of Ships, doubloons, premium time, etc.  The more you spend in a given yearly period can earn rewards based on money spent, maybe like signals/camo, maybe even free premium times, perhaps even a free ship, all based on what players spend for say 2018, at the end of the year, you collect your prize as a way of showing appreciation to those spending money.  Have certain items for say,  $500, $750, $1000, $1500 increments spent.; Just a suggestion for marketing value and a way of giving back to those who support the game financially.

Pete 

That's not a good idea.

Edit: I'll explain a little why. First why would WG need to give us stuff based on money we willing chose to spend on the game? Second if there are certain items for increments spent, then people that can will just spend large amounts just for that reward. They way that they did stuff for Alpha and Beta testers worked cause it before official release of the game. But since the game is long out of CBT there is no need to have WG give you stuff as appreciation for spending your money willingly.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
66 posts
6,614 battles

Honestly, I really don't want to know how much I've spent on this free to play game. I'd probably be very disappointed in myself.

Members
3,783 posts

I don't think it's needed.  There are enough rewards in this game given to players as is.  Can't you be happy with that?  Yes you make a purchase in the game.  But what happens if you get locked for bad behavior?  Then where does the reward go?  Down the drain with the rest of your money that you spent.  So my simple thing is there is enough rewards for players in game as is.  They just have to earn them.  No need for a reward for someone putting money into the game.

[SYN]
Members
7,415 posts
12,523 battles

The trick is to just not play the game for a few months and await your free premium ship email. WG prefers to reward those that don't actually play their game or support it.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

The trick is to just not play the game for a few months and await your free premium ship email. WG prefers to reward those that don't actually play their game or support it.

I am going to have to take time away from the game for business reasons occasionally.  (crosses fingers).

[-BRS-]
Members
415 posts
12,725 battles
10 minutes ago, SirGerg said:

Honestly, I really don't want to know how much I've spent on this free to play game. I'd probably be very disappointed in myself.

I cringe at the very thought of that myself

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
1 minute ago, Gary_P said:

Marry and accountant, she'll keep track of it for you.

Members
1,898 posts
9,842 battles

Hey

The amount a person decides to spent on a "Free" game is completely up to that individual, and the amount of time and effort is completely up to them also.  But there is nothing wrong with rewarding Customer loyalty, participation, whatever you want to call it.  I never said anyone should get something not available to everyone, but a simple show of appreciation should be considered a good thing.  Maybe those that oppose the whole idea are the ones who are unwilling to spend money in support of the game that so many enjoy and spend many hours participating in.    Obviously everything belongs to Wargaming and they can do what they like, it was just a thought for those who are loyal at supporting the game and buying the products they sell, nothing more, nothing less.

Pete

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
52 minutes ago, Panic512 said:

That's not a good idea.

Edit: I'll explain a little why. First why would WG need to give us stuff based on money we willing chose to spend on the game? Second if there are certain items for increments spent, then people that can will just spend large amounts just for that reward. They way that they did stuff for Alpha and Beta testers worked cause it before official release of the game. But since the game is long out of CBT there is no need to have WG give you stuff as appreciation for spending your money willingly.

I can tell you have never been in the sales and marketing industry. Companies ALWAYS take care of their whales. I worked at a telecommunications distributor and my guy who spends 5k a month with me could buy that same 8 pack of Phones for a Vodavi PBX system 8-12% cheaper than you joe customer walking in off the street. My guy who spends 10k a week with me gets those phones 6% cheaper than the guy who spends 5k a week. I work in insurance now, the guy who does his home and auto together gets a better price than the guy with just auto. The guy with the home, auto, PUP, gets a better price than the Home and Auto guy. The Home, Auto, PUP, Life guy gets a better price than the Home, Auto, PUP guy. That is how business works in the real world. The fact that Wargaming does not take care of their whales tells me that they are very shortsighted in their sales goals. One good whale is worth a couple of hundred FTP players who might spend $40 or less on this game while they play it.

Members
182 posts
2,612 battles

Mechwarrior Online does this and all it seems to accomplish is making those without the desire to spend money in game mad at those who do and vice versa. 

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I can tell you have never been in the sales and marketing industry. Companies ALWAYS take care of their whales. I worked at a telecommunications distributor and my guy who spends 5k a month with me could buy that same 8 pack of Phones for a Vodavi PBX system 8-12% cheaper than you joe customer walking in off the street. My guy who spends 10k a week with me gets those phones 6% cheaper than the guy who spends 5k a week. I work in insurance now, the guy who does his home and auto together gets a better price than the guy with just auto. The guy with the home, auto, PUP, gets a better price than the Home and Auto guy. The Home, Auto, PUP, Life guy gets a better price than the Home, Auto, PUP guy. That is how business works in the real world. The fact that Wargaming does not take care of their whales tells me that they are very shortsighted in their sales goals. One good whale is worth a couple of hundred FTP players who might spend $40 or less on this game while they play it.

A discount is different than giving free stuff as was originally suggested.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

They already give stuff away just for playing the game with no money spent. { Missions and Campaigns }

Because a player decides to buy his way past the hardships of the Grind doesn't make them "Special"

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
Just now, Panic512 said:

A discount is different than giving free stuff as was originally suggested.

Companies give free stuff to their whales all the time. We do a customer appreciation dinner every year for 25 clients.....I will let you guess which 25 clients get invited.

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
7 minutes ago, Belthorian said:

Companies give free stuff to their whales all the time. We do a customer appreciation dinner every year for 25 clients.....I will let you guess which 25 clients get invited.

Everybody does that.  But that dinner is the in game equivalent of a few flags.  Yeah, they'd take them, but most of them have them already.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
14 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Everybody does that.  But that dinner is the in game equivalent of a few flags.  Yeah, they'd take them, but most of them have them already.

I think they should let the whales have submarines in the game as a reward!

hehehehehehehe Disclaimer the above post was intended as humor and not to be taken seriously. That would be an awesome April fools joke....to post that people who have spent more than X are going to get Subs in the game. It would be fun to watch all the people with pitchforks and torches rioting through the forums. 

Edited by Belthorian
  • Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
4,786 posts
2,718 battles
1 minute ago, Belthorian said:

I think they should let the whales have submarines in the game as a reward!

hehehehehehehe Disclaimer the above post was intended as humor and not to be taken seriously. That would be an awesome April fools joke....to post that people who have spent more than X are going to get Subs in the game. It would be fun to watch all the people with pitchforks and torches rioting through the forums. 

It worked.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
8 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Think about credit cards and their point reward system. If Wargaming had something like that I would probably spend more for steeper discounts on items in the premium store.

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

It worked.

It does kinda bug me that someone who has never spent a dime on this game can buy a ship for the same price as I can, even though I have 47 premiums. 

[NSEW]
Members
1,086 posts

Every company has their own strategy. One cannot take one theory/practice of another model and apply it whole sale to another company's needs/direction. 

There is a reason why, higher education/college/university education (theory) doesn't directly translate into real world application (practice). With the exception of MBA programmes.

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
630 posts
1,623 battles
1 hour ago, Captain_Kylere said:

Mechwarrior Online does this and all it seems to accomplish is making those without the desire to spend money in game mad at those who do and vice versa. 

I was going to mention MWO as well...they have their annual loyalty program based on the various packages or credits that one purchased during the year, which can include a free unique mech, which are ultimately available for purchase later on by everyone else.  Unfortunately, as you pointed out, a certain entitled crowd feels they should be getting everything for nothing...I suppose as an employer, I should give the same bonus to my employees that sat on their behinds as well as to the other employees that worked theirs off...

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
4,146 posts
7,153 battles
2 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

They already give stuff away just for playing the game with no money spent. { Missions and Campaigns }

Because a player decides to buy his way past the hardships of the Grind doesn't make them "Special"

It does to WG!

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
3,273 battles

How do we know that they don't already have something in place?

Back when I had Prem Time through ship bundles and new Prems I noticed what can easily be denied "higher drop rate" on super containers. 

Who's to say that's not the actual case? Buy more stuffs, "trigger more flags", acquire more Super-Containers. 

It's been months since I last earned one via TYL, it's also been months since my last Bundle + PremTime. 

Coincidence? Very much "Yes." Because proving that it's not, is knowing insider information. Anything else is conspiracy theories about Pay2Play having better RNG, hence Pay2Win. 

But that's due to the Free to Play mindset. And those few who don't Patronize developers for the good work they do in entertaining us. 

[P2W]
[P2W]
Members
1,240 posts
4 hours ago, Gary_P said:

3 hours ago, Belthorian said:

It does kinda bug me that someone who has never spent a dime on this game can buy a ship for the same price as I can, even though I have 47 premiums. 

4 hours ago, SirGerg said:

Yea. I could go through and add all of these purchases up but I probably don't want to. It goes back to 2/8/17 because I started with premium time when I started playing .. it's a gateway drug.

EDIT: Their decision to nerf dubloon payouts on ships you already own would cut about half of these purchases.

oomBwbw.jpg

Edited by w4spl3g

Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,264 battles
16 hours ago, w4spl3g said:

Yea. I could go through and add all of these purchases up but I probably don't want to. It goes back to 2/8/17 because I started with premium time when I started playing .. it's a gateway drug.

EDIT: Their decision to nerf dubloon payouts on ships you already own would cut about half of these purchases.

oomBwbw.jpg

Yep, the Wargaming sales and marketing guys are not too bright. Trying to grub for every coin they can they are going to lose a LOT money in the long run. As a fellow whale I bought the steam packs.....because they were a fantastic deal. If the Doubloon vale was not there I would not have bought them at all. So Wargaming would rather NOT have my money. Whales are NOT stupid, just because we have money to spend on a game does not mean we spend it recklessly. We wait for good deals to come out and load up. Take the ship of the day promo they were doing. I bought one EVERY day they were 50% off. They must have sold a ton of them because they had a perceived undervalued commodity. They reduced it to -30% off, guess how many ships I have bought..........ZERO. Whomever came up with the idea to nerf doubloon payouts for premium ships on ships you already own should be FIRED immediately for being a moron. That guy couldn't sell ice water to a man in the desert dying of thirst.