You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CarbonButtprint

[Poll] Your favorite ranked tier

Your favorite ranked tier  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the one you most enjoy playing

• VI
    • VII
    • VIII
    • X
  2. 2. What about tier 9?

• Sounds great!
    • Please don't.

17 comments in this topic

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

I looked at the 0.7.8 bulletin and noticed that they didn't change anything for the new season of ranked. That means more tier 10. I'm okay with tier 10 clan battles but tier 10 ranked just isn't fun in my opinion. I wish they would leave it at tier 8, the games seem to be far more competitive and skill based. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about tier 10 ranked. 

Edited by CarbonButtprint

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,277 battles

Poll currently has three votes.  One each; VI, VII and VIII.  

I can see this will be productive.

-R

• Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
6,269 posts
10,480 battles

I'm one of the few who advocates a T9 Ranked season, only because A) its something different, and B) there are a lot of quality ships at that tier.  Certain it will probably never happen though, since most sell their T9's to get new shiny T10's.

Members
704 posts
12,970 battles

I would actually play ranked if they brought the tiers down to like 2 or 3, then it would be about skills and not "I win" toys. Clan battles should be high tier because it is team strategy and team toys, but ranked with all it's randomness.....

Although I do admit that tier 2 and 3 DDs would have a major advantage.

10 vampires on one side and all.

Members
614 posts
3 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I'm one of the few who advocates a T9 Ranked season, only because A) its something different, and B) there are a lot of quality ships at that tier.  Certain it will probably never happen though, since most sell their T9's to get new shiny T10's.

An Izumo-only Ranked battle would be a sight to see

• Cool 1

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,051 battles

Voted T6 and yes to T9, T9 is my waifu afterall, T6 seems to be when I feel I do the most in ranked.

Honestly what puts me off ranked, or just getting past R15 is the unconsistent grind. So I don't think making ranked T9 would improve it for me all that much, especially not if they started it at R10, which is far past the usual 15-14 I manage.

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles

I feel like tier 8 is a good tier for Ranked. Its a good mid point between the absolute mistake punishing potential of tier 10, but less potatoish than tier 6.

Members
5,456 posts
6,167 battles

T8 ranked is my favorite.

I'm surprised to see so many against the idea of T9 ranked. I'd love to see ranked at T9. There are a lot of good ships at T9(and just as many poor ones), and the only problems I foresee at that tier for ranked are the free exp ships throwing a wrench in things.

[BBP]
Members
341 posts
6,026 battles

First part of ranked: Tier 6.  No radar...

Second part...  Tier 8 or 9.  These ships usually get pushed into T10 matches so it is nice for them to have the stage to themselves.  

Members
1,662 posts
14,253 battles

For me tier 8 has the best mix of quality premiums and tech tree ships - so anyone can be competitive. Also, minimal OP ships (Kut may be a minor exception)

[WOLF2]
Members
249 posts
5,117 battles

I say we really mix it up.  T8 to rank 15, T10 to rank 10, then T2 the rest of the way.  Gate keep like WG wants but then we get the real game at T2.  Cruisers with basically no armor, mostly derp destroyers and no CVs or BBs (unless you roll Mikasa like a crazy person).  Small maps, fast games, it would be the greatest :cap_rambo:.  

[DAKI]
Supertester
2,172 posts
9,269 battles

T8 I feel is the best ranked tier. Nice mix and balance of tech tree and premium ships and is a middle ground between unforgiving atmosphere of T10 and the potato riddled nature of T6. T6 and below would be awful just like the last Ranked season was. No Radar present really sucks

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,277 battles

Well, now that the poll has more than three responses (yes, I deserved that) I'm going to go ahead and say that this seems pretty reasonably accurate to the sense I've gotten from the forums over the last two years.  Tier VI ranked was popular (I enjoyed it) and people are very hesitant to try a Tier IX ranked season.

Personally, why not?  One season of Tier IX play is probably less dangerous to the game than a third season of Tier VIII to 10, Tier X to 1 and Tier Whatever if you're really bored.  I understand that the Free XP ships are essentially handing the keys to an Abrams to a driver whose license was printed that morning, but Ranked play (and team play in general) has always had that wildcard element to it.  By the time we get around to it, there may well be a pair of Tier IX large cruisers in the game anyhow, so it ought to balance out reasonably well.

-R

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,727 posts
18 hours ago, CarbonButtprint said:

I looked at the 0.7.8 bulletin and noticed that they didn't change anything for the new season of ranked. That means more tier 10. I'm okay with tier 10 clan battles but tier 10 ranked just isn't fun in my opinion. I wish they would leave it at tier 8, the games seem to be far more competitive and skill based. I'm wondering what everyone else thinks about tier 10 ranked. 

Tier 6 Cleveland  Was  my   favorite till they UpTiered her now that they UpTiered her:Smile_sceptic:   It feels more like they nerfed her!:Smile_sad:  Now it seems like she isn't even as good as she was at Tier  6

[O_O]
Members
803 posts
5,277 battles
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Tier 6 Cleveland  Was  my   favorite till they UpTiered her now that they UpTiered her:Smile_sceptic:   It feels more like they nerfed her!:Smile_sad:  Now it seems like she isn't even as good as she was at Tier  6

I understand, and agree... a straight copy and paste of the original Tier VI Cleveland just adding radar seems like it should be a nerf.  For some reason (excepting some early games with the Tier VIII ship and one with my brother yesterday relearning how to play in a division) I'm having great games with the Cleveland, significantly better than I did at Tier VI.

I think it has a lot to do with her direct counter to the relatively-static Tier VIII+ meta.  I can't tell you how many battleships and cruisers I've crept up on and burnt to the waterline because they were barely moving and firing at my teammates significantly behind me.  Granted; it's high-risk, high-reward, but for now the rewards are well worth it.  We'll see what happens as the game evolves over time.

-R

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
2,727 posts
8 minutes ago, Mister_Rawr said:

I understand, and agree... a straight copy and paste of the original Tier VI Cleveland just adding radar seems like it should be a nerf.  For some reason (excepting some early games with the Tier VIII ship and one with my brother yesterday relearning how to play in a division) I'm having great games with the Cleveland, significantly better than I did at Tier VI.

I think it has a lot to do with her direct counter to the relatively-static Tier VIII+ meta.  I can't tell you how many battleships and cruisers I've crept up on and burnt to the waterline because they were barely moving and firing at my teammates significantly behind me.  Granted; it's high-risk, high-reward, but for now the rewards are well worth it.  We'll see what happens as the game evolves over time.

-R

Except now instead of facing Tier 5-6-8,   Now she face's  6-7-8-9-10  and really to all intents and purposes it was just cut n paste=Nerf