You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

About Clans and Oil

9 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
3,015 posts
6,395 battles

In my opinion, the whole dynamic with clans and oil has become a bit stale. I think WG should add a few new ways to earn and spend oil, because there are some clans just stockpiling oil uselessly.

Earning

I think in some upcoming event, they should have another oil booster much like when they were newly released. Making this a regular event could encourage clans to bring players online regularly. Oil could be rewarded for kills, tanking, whatever the flavor of the month is.

Additionally, I think there should be a dedicated Oil container, only available to those in a Clan. Maybe 3 packages of 100 Oil? I'm not quite sure how the economics of this would work, but it would be an interesting way to boost a clans' oil input. Oil could also be seen in other containers, but should to be toggled on and off like a collection.

The Arsenal could see some kind of conversion from coal (or steel) into oil. Again, I'm not sure how this would translate economically, but it offers another way to help your clan.

Finally, there could be a clans-only operation. Star rewards (and perhaps missions as well) would be Oil only. A successful run with 7 clan members would be a hearty chunk of oil to spend. I'm not sure if this would negatively affect the MM pool for the operation of the week.

Spending

As new nations get introduced to the game, they should continually add facilities to the research area (I forget what it's called :fish_nerv:). Eventually, a Pan-American, Polish, and Commonwealth building should be added if new lines arrive.

I would add a building that unlocks access to the operation above, whatever that may be.

Potentially, the clan could build mines of some sort. These would give a daily login bonus of coal or steel, with upgrades increasing the amount. This encourages players to be on more often and would be scaled similarly to the daily bonuses we had all last month.

The wiki states that the bonus for servicing is planned for T9 and T10 ships, so that could be added as well.

What do you guys think? It just seems like an underdeveloped, but very attractive part of the game to me.

[OO7]
Members
4,456 posts
11,011 battles

They have dropped the ball on base development. Clans are swimming in oil right now and nothing to do with it... 

• Cool 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
2 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

What do you guys think? It just seems like an underdeveloped, but very attractive part of the game to me.

Well it is better that some of the ideas I have seen.

Just now, Ducky_shot said:

They have dropped the ball on base development. Clans are swimming in oil right now and nothing to do with it... 

BUT hey they a going to give us Copper!! Cool Right?:Smile_facepalm:

[_ARP_]
Beta Testers
629 posts
5,579 battles

I don't think there will be enough Pan-American, Polish, or Commonwealth ships in game for a while to need  buildings in the clan facilities.

[NWNG]
Members
2,817 posts
4,676 battles

t9 and t10 buildings would be the -10% credit reduction for purchasing the ship, not for the service cost. The Service cost reduction already applies to tiers 9 and 10, and applies to specific ship type, destroyer, cruiser, battleship and aircraft carrier. As for coal and steel: Coal is a maybe, while steel is a flat no. Steel should remain locked behind competitive play and super containers. Just being part of a clan shouldn't be enough to earn steel.

as for coal, purchase a building: From that point forward members of the clan, will gain 50 units of coal, in addition to 10 units of oil, per container.

A building similar to the experience modifiers, except it affects commanders, +6% commander experience. Nation specific as well.

A building that boosts credit income (yes the service cost reduction technically does this), +5% to credits earned, ship type specific like the dry-docks.

Upgradeable bonuses would be nice too. Service cost reduction could cap out at -20% with the upgrade being additional -2% per purchase.

+3% would become +6% experience for the current experience building, at a rate of +1% per upgrade purcahse

The new commander building I suggested would cap at +12%, with the first 4 upgrade purchases being +1%, and the 5th being +2%

The credit earning bonus I mentioned, caps at +10%, with upgrades being +1% per upgrade purchase.

Upgrades becomes more expensive as you purchase them.

[KWA]
Members
142 posts
8,901 battles

Honestly just being able to upgrade the existing buildings, similar to the HQ, for double the current reward and costing a metric ton of oil would be the most likely course for WG to take. Example: the research buildings would provide +6% instead of +3% but cost 8000 oil for the upgrade. Do this with all research centers and the dock and Boom oil is a commodity again.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,216 posts
14,274 battles

Just keep pushing guys! I'm sure there's something awesome behind Door Number 11!

xt8TEfX.png

:cap_like:

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

Give the Clans an Officer Training School. All Clan Members get Captains exp at a +3% on all Captains once the School is researched.

Then have Speciality Academy + 1% to all Captains Skills once this is researched.

Clan Members receive 1 Port slot in the Clan Port for display of the ship they Prize for all to view. {View includes Captain Skills and Modules used}

[187]
Members
1,334 posts
8,039 battles

I think most of the comments here fall on deaf ears in regards to suggestions...I don't know if it is a corporate thing with this Wargaming company or a Russian thing in that they don't seem to give a crapabout anything or anyone too much. A company that cannot or will not change and adapt is doomed...can't wait to see what someone else puts out in regards to naval games.