You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mbanta62

update 7.7.0

16 comments in this topic

[CHIEF]
Members
10 posts
2,574 battles

I thought that when update 7.7.0 came out that the british DD's were suppose to be added to the tech tree and so far they have not showed  up only British BB's and CA's and one premium DD  but no Destroyers or aircraft carriers but I have not heard any thing about them and I do not play carriers so that is not important to me.  I was just wondering about the Brit destroyers.  

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,751 battles

There you go, this was an estimated calculations on the next years plan

IMG_3840.JPG

Edited by JessieTheKitty
  • Cool 1

Members
4,123 posts
8,680 battles
16 minutes ago, JessieTheKitty said:

IMG_3840.JPG

2018 - 0.7.9 -19.09 CV Rework?

Are you sure that is not supposed to the year 3018?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
3 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

0.7.7 is correct in a way (Sharks vs Eagles instead of Elements)

However, 10th Rank season looks like it's coming in 0.7.8, and given that the UK DD's are in WG-CC hands now, they could be released then too. Against that is the dissatisfaction most of the WG-CC's are expressing against the lack of speed boost (which I accept is WG trying to introduce a new destroyer meta), and the torpedo salvo options being single/ripple-fire and wide spread rather than single/narrow as in UK CL's and the Gallant. The torpedo thing might be able to be resolved without waiting until 0.7.9, but if they decide to reintroduce Speed Boost it may take another patch of testing in order to balance properly.

Members
4,094 posts
15,015 battles
3 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

IMG_3840.JPG

No mention of Alaska? :Smile_sad:

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles

This patch should hopefully bring Harugumo and Kitikaze, and if it doesn't I'll throw a hissy fit and cry on the forums. I really question the legitimacy of that list. The RN DDs are already in testing and I just can't see them coming out in november. I'd say they're probably 0.7.9 or 0.7.10 at the latest. 

Members
1,204 posts
3,156 battles
1 minute ago, ReddNekk said:

No mention of Alaska? :Smile_sad:

Alaska isn't "major update worthy." Probably going to get added for testing next patch and then possibly introduced in the patch thereafter. 

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles
4 hours ago, mbanta62 said:

I thought that when update 7.7.0 came out that the british DD's were suppose to be added to the tech tree and so far they have not showed  up only British BB's and CA's and one premium DD  but no Destroyers or aircraft carriers but I have not heard any thing about them and I do not play carriers so that is not important to me.  I was just wondering about the Brit destroyers.  

There will be no more carriers introduced until the CV rework is complete, date TBD.

Brit DDs are in the hands of testers and will be released with 0.7.8.  (That's what they tell us though I don't see mention in the PTS announcement.)

The screenshot above of future plans had dubious provenance so should be taken with a spoonful of salt.

[SYN]
Members
4,921 posts
11,844 battles

Literally said "Oh, god..." when I read the note for patch 0.8.4.

Sigh...

Oh, well.  We will see how that turns out.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,788 posts
3,942 battles
4 hours ago, JessieTheKitty said:

IMG_3840.JPG

That chart was generally considered to be dubious, since almost anyone could come up with it based on current hints and teasers. As well, it was never confirmed to actually have been from an actual ex-WoWs employee. Furthermore, we'd already be fed major information updates on the CV overhaul by now, giving players advance warning of what to expect, as it supposedly changes everything; from AA considerations to CV play.

Also, considering how far the RN DDs are already, they're more likely to be finished up and released by the end of August or early September. Heck, more testing has been done with them than with Kitakaze and Harugumo, going by the rise in RN DDs in Randoms.

Then there's also the fact that WG said there would be another ship line this year; at least one more, if not two, depending on balancing and workload. Italians were tentatively confirmed for Winter 2018 earlier this year (Dec 2018~Feb 2019).

There's also the longstanding rumors that the VMF BB line is also due out this year, after previous Q&As said it was pushed to 2018.

Edited by YamatoA150

[INTEL]
Members
1,513 posts
10,481 battles
43 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

The screenshot above of future plans had dubious provenance so should be taken with a spoonful of salt.

But it's a spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down.

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,062 posts
5,833 battles

if the vmf BBs are coming this year(maybe december),then i better start saving up on free exp.

[CHIEF]
Members
10 posts
2,574 battles

iDuckman and everyone that replied thanks for the info I was a little confused  I appreciate all the info it helped a lot.  

Members
581 posts
5,134 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

There will be no more carriers introduced until the CV rework is complete, date TBD.

Brit DDs are in the hands of testers and will be released with 0.7.8.  (That's what they tell us though I don't see mention in the PTS announcement.)

It seems unlikely that both DD lines will be released concurrently. Further, unless the IJN line has been put on hold, they should precede the RN line. I’d wager 0.7.9 for the RN DD’s.  As we all know, virtually anything is possible with release dates (or the lack of a release)...so who really knows?  I wouldn’t count on any date or update until we see it on the final version PTS.

[WOLF9]
Members
8,957 posts
4,184 battles
1 hour ago, ClassicLib said:

But it's a spoonful of sugar that helps the medicine go down.

.. which assumes that you want it to go down...

21 minutes ago, Uber_Ghost said:

It seems unlikely that both DD lines will be released concurrently.

The IJN "line" is two whole ships.

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if the RN DDs were pushed to 0.7.9.  There likely will be an Event surrounding the release of which we've as yet heard nothing.  Yep, I'm starting to come over to your side.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
16 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Still, it wouldn't surprise me if the RN DDs were pushed to 0.7.9. 

Given the simultaneous demands for speed boost restitution, narrow-spread torp salvo option and some sort of solution for needing IFHE on the Tier IX/X ships (e.g. some sort of invisible calibre buff to sneak the guns over the line for anti-destroyer work), an extra patch to tune that all up would not surprise me.