You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SavageTactical

Main Battery Reload Booster Opinion

20 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I’ll start off in saying I like the idea ever since they introduced it last October during the Halloween event on the steampunk Chappy. My main criticism is 50% increase is a little too much in my opinion. Even in a game that’s closer to Arcade than Sim,  50% is just too cheesy. We already have Adrenaline Rush (AR) and Main Mattery Mod 3 (MBM3, or whatever the slot 6 reload module is call) that can lower your reload 20-30%. Cut off an additional 50% is just dumb. On the Jean Bart, she could obtain reloads of sub 10s below half-life. 

I think they should reduce it to 20%. French guns are already effective with their ballistics, 20% would put them on par with the other nations. This would reduce the reload on a low health ship with AR and MBM3 to nearly 50%.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,777 posts
4,435 battles

The reload upgrade is a 12% increase, not 20-30%.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,648 posts
11,719 battles

I'm mixed on the idea.

A 50% change on battleships seems very dangerous - it makes it impossible to turn-out between salvoes in a cruiser if you're closing in. That's a bit questionable to me.

[B-W-M]
[B-W-M]
Members
468 posts
5,348 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

I'm mixed on the idea.

A 50% change on battleships seems very dangerous - it makes it impossible to turn-out between salvoes in a cruiser if you're closing in. That's a bit questionable to me.

As a Battleship driver, I give two thumbs up for this module.

It is quite silly, of course. No one wants a Battleship shooting at cruiser ROF.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
13 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

When you combine it with AR, you can get your reload reduced by 20-30% when your ship drops below half health.

[NGAGE]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
4,453 posts
6,653 battles

I'm not a fan of this on cruisers.  Cruisers are generally DPM focused, and while the ability to temporarily half your reload sounds like it could be situationally useful, at the end of the day all it ends up doing is allowing them to fire a couple of extra salvos every few minutes.  If you take into consideration the fact that the Martel and Saint Louis are actually getting nerfed to make room for the new consumable....I'm really not a fan.  

*edit

To put things into perspective, the reload booster basically just turns the Martel/Saint Louis into a Des Moines for 15 seconds.  That really doesn't seem worth giving up 20% of their base reload.   

Edited by yashma

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,051 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

He means the Jean Bart consumable, the one on the Halloween operation cruiser.

[HINON]
Modder, Privateers
6,777 posts
4,435 battles
10 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

He means the Jean Bart consumable, the one on the Halloween operation cruiser.

I was referring to the upgrade, and it was something he mentioned in the OP.

[AHOY_]
Members
184 posts
9,723 battles

My biggest issue is that they are going to reduce the rof on two french cruisers. This means that they are forcing you to take it.

That means a, it it not an option and b the rof on french cas not exactly blazing to begin with is more than balanced by their horrific handling.

With no speed boost on these ships because of the forced reload option you just become a sitting duck.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,648 posts
11,719 battles
36 minutes ago, Tour_du_Reims said:

My biggest issue is that they are going to reduce the rof on two french cruisers. This means that they are forcing you to take it.

That means a, it it not an option and b the rof on french cas not exactly blazing to begin with is more than balanced by their horrific handling.

With no speed boost on these ships because of the forced reload option you just become a sitting duck.

6 RPM on Martel and Saint Louis was a heck of a lot until very recently.

At one point Baltimore was T9 with 4.6. Hipper had just a bump from 4.6 to 5.2, New Orleans I think was about 4.4 RPM at T8 until getting 4.6.

Mogami with 203's is still only getting 4 RPM, and Ibuki is also 4 RPM.

I think you mis-understand the consumable, it's not in the same slot as Engine Boost. Everything I've seen says it's additional. You can use engine boost and battery reload boost at the same time.

The French cruisers are getting a ROF nerf - which they probably needed - and the nerf is partially offset by the reload consumable. The nerf is probably bigger than it would need to be without the bonus consumable.

[-KAK-]
Members
101 posts
4,397 battles
3 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

We already have Adrenaline Rush (AR) and Main Mattery Mod 3 (MBM3, or whatever the slot 6 reload module is call) that can lower your reload 20-30%

1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

I think that he was referring to the reload upgrade being used in conjunction with AR, resulting in a a reduction of 20-30%.  I'm not sure if AR would actually bring you to these values, but I believe that was OP's intentions.

I could be wrong tho.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,850 posts

From the dev announcement comes the following:

Spoiler

starting from Tier VI, the ships are equipped with the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable. This will bring in more opportunities and make the game tactics more diverse. But remember that the effect that the new consumables will have on your battle performance will depend on the situation and your ability to choose the correct moment for using the consumable.

For most cruisers of the French branch, the introduction of this consumable means an immediate improvement for their characteristics. But for Charles Martel and Saint-Louis, we had to increase the reload time of the 203 mm/55 Mle 1934 guns to 12 seconds, otherwise these guns would have been too effective for their tier.

For Charles Martel and Saint Louis... INCREASE reload time to 12 seconds.

Hey I have an IDEA. Why don't you hold off on that increase and do it this way: 

IF the MBRB consumable is aboard the ship, set the default reload to 12 seconds ELSE leave it the crap alone. 

You could easily verify this at the very start of the match. Doing it THIS way would not penalize those who do NOT want the consumable. 

What you are doing is turning those two into single-strike ships that come in, activate and reload every six seconds for the length of the consumable (a whopping FIFTEEN SECONDS which is not even three reloads) then get the heck out of dodge, wait at least 80 seconds to use it again for two salvos... 

I like my way better. 

As it is now, my reload rate on my Saint Louis is 10 seconds. Six salvos a minute of nine rounds for 54 possible rounds down range. At 12 second reload i get a possible 45 rounds down range (yea a nine round loss). 

I lose nine rounds a minute so conceivably if you pew pew pew pew the entire match (conventionally) you'd lose what, let's say 15 minutes firing time, 135 rounds downrange? If I don't load/use the consumable and yeah if I fire every reload as soon as reload is completed. 

So please consider adjusting this so you do it the way i suggested, in the opening of the match when the ship is loaded. If the consumable is aboard, great, modify the reload times. If it isn't, don't. 

thanks. 

[POP]
Beta Testers
4,062 posts
5,833 battles
40 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

From the dev announcement comes the following:

Reveal hidden contents

starting from Tier VI, the ships are equipped with the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable. This will bring in more opportunities and make the game tactics more diverse. But remember that the effect that the new consumables will have on your battle performance will depend on the situation and your ability to choose the correct moment for using the consumable.

For most cruisers of the French branch, the introduction of this consumable means an immediate improvement for their characteristics. But for Charles Martel and Saint-Louis, we had to increase the reload time of the 203 mm/55 Mle 1934 guns to 12 seconds, otherwise these guns would have been too effective for their tier.

For Charles Martel and Saint Louis... INCREASE reload time to 12 seconds.

Hey I have an IDEA. Why don't you hold off on that increase and do it this way: 

IF the MBRB consumable is aboard the ship, set the default reload to 12 seconds ELSE leave it the crap alone. 

You could easily verify this at the very start of the match. Doing it THIS way would not penalize those who do NOT want the consumable. 

What you are doing is turning those two into single-strike ships that come in, activate and reload every six seconds for the length of the consumable (a whopping FIFTEEN SECONDS which is not even three reloads) then get the heck out of dodge, wait at least 80 seconds to use it again for two salvos... 

I like my way better. 

As it is now, my reload rate on my Saint Louis is 10 seconds. Six salvos a minute of nine rounds for 54 possible rounds down range. At 12 second reload i get a possible 45 rounds down range (yea a nine round loss). 

I lose nine rounds a minute so conceivably if you pew pew pew pew the entire match (conventionally) you'd lose what, let's say 15 minutes firing time, 135 rounds downrange? If I don't load/use the consumable and yeah if I fire every reload as soon as reload is completed. 

So please consider adjusting this so you do it the way i suggested, in the opening of the match when the ship is loaded. If the consumable is aboard, great, modify the reload times. If it isn't, don't. 

thanks. 

i think you can't take away the main batter reload booster.

now if they give de grasse the boster too...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
10,850 posts

Well I better go enjoy the Saint Louis for another week then... maybe i can break loose into the Henri  by then?! Hope so!

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,051 battles
3 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Ah, I see.

[AHOY_]
Members
184 posts
9,723 battles
2 hours ago, mofton said:

6 RPM on Martel and Saint Louis was a heck of a lot until very recently.

At one point Baltimore was T9 with 4.6. Hipper had just a bump from 4.6 to 5.2, New Orleans I think was about 4.4 RPM at T8 until getting 4.6.

Mogami with 203's is still only getting 4 RPM, and Ibuki is also 4 RPM.

I think you mis-understand the consumable, it's not in the same slot as Engine Boost. Everything I've seen says it's additional. You can use engine boost and battery reload boost at the same time.

The French cruisers are getting a ROF nerf - which they probably needed - and the nerf is partially offset by the reload consumable. The nerf is probably bigger than it would need to be without the bonus consumable.

So they are adding a new consumable and not taking anything way at all?

Does it go in the aa slot?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,648 posts
11,719 battles
7 minutes ago, Tour_du_Reims said:

So they are adding a new consumable and not taking anything way at all?

Does it go in the aa slot?

Entirely new consumable that doesn't clash with any slots:

IVuq39p.jpg

At least that's how it's being tested on the 'Brennus' at the moment. You still have to choose between DFAA and hydro but you always did.

[AHOY_]
Members
184 posts
9,723 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

Entirely new consumable that doesn't clash with any slots:

IVuq39p.jpg

At least that's how it's being tested on the 'Brennus' at the moment. You still have to choose between DFAA and hydro but you always did.

Awesome. Now i am super stoked, love French cas but the reload....

Henri is sooooo sloow.

Thank you for the info!

Beta Testers
1,266 posts
15,395 battles
6 hours ago, SavageTactical said:

I’ll start off in saying I like the idea ever since they introduced it last October during the Halloween event on the steampunk Chappy. My main criticism is 50% increase is a little too much in my opinion. Even in a game that’s closer to Arcade than Sim,  50% is just too cheesy. We already have Adrenaline Rush (AR) and Main Mattery Mod 3 (MBM3, or whatever the slot 6 reload module is call) that can lower your reload 20-30%. Cut off an additional 50% is just dumb. On the Jean Bart, she could obtain reloads of sub 10s below half-life. 

I think they should reduce it to 20%. French guns are already effective with their ballistics, 20% would put them on par with the other nations. This would reduce the reload on a low health ship with AR and MBM3 to nearly 50%.

During the Public Test of Update 0.7.8, you can look at French cruisers from a different perspective—starting from Tier VI, the ships are equipped with the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable. This will bring in more opportunities and make the game tactics more diverse. But remember that the effect that the new consumables will have on your battle performance will depend on the situation and your ability to choose the correct moment for using the consumable.

Characteristics of the Main Battery Reload Booster consumable

For Tier VI–VIII ships

For Tier IX–X ships

a7d4832a-8dea-11e8-a991-d89d6715223c.pnga77e7c00-8dea-11e8-a991-d89d6715223c.png

• Main battery reload time: –50%;
  • Action time of the consumable: 15 seconds;
  • Cooldown time: 180 seconds for Main Battery Reload Booster I, and 120 seconds for Main Battery Reload Booster II;
  • Number of charges: three for Main Battery Reload Booster I, and four for Main Battery Reload Booster II.