Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Eugenie_101

Player skill is OP pls nerf

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

200
[DANKY]
Members
726 posts
2,066 battles

So, it’s midway through a match on Atlantic, teams are down 3-4 ships each and somehow every other ship on my team has found a way to fit behind that one island at C. Since cross-fired bait balls get eaten, I’m on the east side chasing off pushes into our half of the map in a Tashkent. This works great - I even, inexplicably, chased off a Zao (honestly, Zao drivers, just charge the Tashkent. he’ll run). It worked fine except for this one Kiev with good map sense and great aim.

Every time I get in range this guy starts plugging me, and dodging doesn’t help. I can’t get a bead on him because the guy keeps using visibility, terrain, trigger discipline and speed up/slow down/reverse to throw me off.  Finally, after I use up the heal flag and four heals, he runs me down and reefs me

I look that Kiev up later, and of course it’s @Lord_Zath .  I dropped a compliment in game but I thought I’d take a minute here to admire getting pantsed by a really well-played boat. 

Edited by Eugenie_101
  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,769
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,272 posts
16,869 battles
2 hours ago, Eugenie_101 said:

So, it’s midway through a match on Atlantic, teams are down 3-4 ships each and somehow every other ship on my team has found a way to fit behind that one island at C. Since cross-fired bait balls get eaten, I’m on the east side chasing off pushes into our half of the map in a Tashkent. This works great - I even, inexplicably, chased off a Zao (honestly, Zao drivers, just charge the Tashkent. he’ll run). It worked fine except for this one Kiev with good map sense and great aim.

Every time I get in range this guy starts plugging me, and dodging doesn’t help. I can’t get a bead on him because the guy keeps using visibility, terrain, trigger discipline and speed up/slow down/reverse to throw me off.  Finally, after I use up the heal flag and four heals, he runs me down and reefs me

I look that Kiev up later, and of course it’s @Lord_Zath .  I dropped a compliment in game but I thought I’d take a minute here to admire getting pantsed by a really well-played boat. 

o/  Thanks for the compliment :).  You were quite a thorn in peoples' sides, so I had to decide...  go cap A, harass your conq and harekaze, or go deal with you.  Had to clear the flank!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
549
[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,099 posts
6,271 battles

I though players who were OP were using aim-assist and other hacks :cap_hmm:

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
248
[BBP]
Members
341 posts
6,034 battles

Ideas for how to nerf OP players...

  • Restrict them to the worst possible ships.  
  • Uptier them every match.
  • Make only keyboard or mouse functional at one time, not both.  Ie if you move your mouse you can't steer.  

WG...

Impatient Come On GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,883
[RKLES]
Members
8,965 posts
10,828 battles
12 minutes ago, Scotty_SE said:

Nah...just force them to play a Pensacoloa  - on a saturday afternoon :-)

Sunday actually tends to be worse lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
200
[DANKY]
Members
726 posts
2,066 battles
35 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

o/  Thanks for the compliment :).  You were quite a thorn in peoples' sides, so I had to decide...  go cap A, harass your conq and harekaze, or go deal with you.  Had to clear the flank!

That was a close one...I like to think we pulled it off because I kept the purple guy busy chasing me.  You and that Zao coming around C from the south would have ended the game real fast. 

24 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

excellent story. Would love to see the replay, if you have one.

Shoot, I will have to see whether I have those enabled.  Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,769
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
5,272 posts
16,869 battles
3 hours ago, Scotty_SE said:

Nah...just force them to play a Pensacoloa  - on a saturday afternoon :-)

I love Pensacola.  So please...  punish me ;)

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,405
[NDA]
Supertester
5,188 posts
15,384 battles

Aqq1ec3.gif

1 hour ago, Lord_Zath said:

I love Pensacola.  So please...  punish me ;)

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15
[TWGGF]
[TWGGF]
Members
116 posts
1,338 battles

If player had 60% rate winning then take their ability of crossfire away, ship they ride get -20% speed, -20% heath, 20% less damage, can't do critical hits and can't cause fire based, captain skills is disableed, 20% less of credit and XP,  if they kill the enemies ship, they had to paid enemie's ship credit if that player are a under 60% rate winning. 

It's good for everyone to enjoy fair and balance game, go easier for player who less than 60% and more challenge for those who are over 60%.. .

Edited by Humility925

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,256
[ARGSY]
Members
10,828 posts
7,053 battles
14 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

I love Pensacola.  So please...  punish me ;)

You're supposed to say "No, please don't throw me in that briar patch!!!" :Smile_teethhappy: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×